Random Football News

Well if the Deflategate punishment was based on the Patriots "history of WINNING" as many have stated, now the Giants, Falcons, Broncos, Seahawks, Panthers, Vikings, Redskins, Cowboys and Browns (I'm probably forgetting a few) have a documented "history of cheating" so we can expect Gozo (my Goodell clown name) to come down hard on these teams for a second offense.

FYP. :toast:

Chandler Jones was franchise tagged by the Cardinals. $17M/

Just confirms BB's opinion that he couldn't afford to keep him...

The question is, did they tag him as a LB or as a DE? DE is just shy of $17M while LB is a little above $15M.

The problem is that Jones is an edge player and there's no designation for that. His agent should squawk loudly if the Cards designate him a LB. He doesn't have to sign it after all.

Big day in Pittburgh.

Le'Veon Bell gets the exclusive tag at $12.3 million per year.

New contract for Antonio Brown - $17 million per year for four years.

Add in Roethlisberger's contract (2017 cap hit of $18.2 million), and the Steelers are looking to have about $48 million of the cap (~ $160 million) tied up in three players. That about 30%.

Big day in Pittburgh.

Le'Veon Bell gets the exclusive tag at $12.3 million per year.

New contract for Antonio Brown - $17 million per year for four years.

Add in Roethlisberger's contract (2017 cap hit of $18.2 million), and the Steelers are looking to have about $48 million of the cap (~ $160 million) tied up in three players. That about 30%.

And none of them play defense.

Pittsburgh Steelers Defense = Soft-as-puppy-shit (tm) for years to come.

It's the Peyton-era Colts all over again.

Maybe the Steelers will get a change of emphasis installed - double-teams of WRs not allowed, or something like that. Can't have a BigBen/Bell/Brown offense only scoring six FGs, or being limited to 9 points for the first 55 minutes of a conference championship game. Roger Goodell does not want to see that.

But they'll also need help on defense. My guess (and this is serious) is that hurry-up offenses will be limited somehow. Brady won't be able to show one formation, shift to another, and then snap the ball before the defense has time to figure out who to cover.

But the Rooney's will get John Harbaugh to propose the change. That will throw everyone of the trail. :D

No kidding. It's like the Steelers have morphed into the Bill Polian Colts.

Tell me, how can you watch that AFCCG game, the one where Tomlin felt his only chance was to play zone. Yes zone. ALL game vs Brady and never cover Hogan and you shell out that type of money to Bell who has been injured the last 3 post-seasons and Brown who is more interested in posting FB videos than football. I mean good heavens. If I was a Steelers fan I would be sick today.

No kidding. It's like the Steelers have morphed into the Bill Polian Colts.

Tell me, how can you watch that AFCCG game, the one where Tomlin felt his only chance was to play zone. Yes zone. ALL game vs Brady and never cover Hogan and you shell out that type of money to Bell who has been injured the last 3 post-seasons and Brown who is more interested in posting FB videos than football. I mean good heavens. If I was a Steelers fan I would be sick today.

Steelers fans don't really know much about the nuances of the game. They just like to boast about the six rings. (No offense to AOT - he seems knowledgeable.)

Back