Random Jets Stuff Thread

3 offenses in 3 years - the Jete/Gase held Darnold back far more than his talent did.
FWIW, Darnold graded higher than either Fields or Wilson as a QB prospect.
Gase has already accepted blame for Darnold not reaching his potential.
But this is damning evidence that Darnold isn't the guy:
Flacco outplayed him in a backup role - 8 TDs in 42 drives vs 6 TDs in 75 drives with passer ratings of 81 for Flacco and 64 for Darnold.
I think Darnold's problems start with processing and end with bad decisions too often.

View: https://twitter.com/snyjets/status/1367168090862198792

There's also his contract situation. Darnold has one year left on his rookie deal - it's unlikely the Jets will learn enough about him in 2021, more than they already know, to exercise his fifth-year option (2022), because the cost will be an estimated $25 million guaranteed.
From that perspective, the JETE have little choice but to trade him now to recoup some value for their error and then to draft a QB at #2 overall this year.
Douglas must choose between Fields and Zach Wilson. If he doesn't get this one right, soj.

Here's the good news for Pats fans - It's unlikely Joe Douglas would trade Darnold to the Pats.

yup...he isn't that good.

Ok, so I know it’s only preseason and he hasn’t played against a lot of #1s but I’m liking what I’ve seen from Zach, so far. Dare I be optimistic? 🤷‍♂️

Sure optimism is good. Hope can be lethal....coming from a jets fan sister....

~Dee~
morgan freeman quote GIF

Sure optimism is good. Hope can be lethal....coming from a jets fan sister....

~Dee~

I can't imagine how much fun you've had in the last 20 years!
(In your kind and gentle way, of course)

Ny Jets Football GIF by New York Jets
Would really like to see a nice, complete game out of this guy.

Based on what I have seen, they should ride out the year with chuck it Joe and let Wilson heel and watch a statue work.

Not joking in the slightest.
What they should’ve done was sign Nick Mullins in the off-season. He was on the 49ers and knew the system the Jets would be trying to run.

What they should’ve done was sign Nick Mullins in the off-season. He was on the 49ers and knew the system the Jets would be trying to run.
Okay. Then that. But stop killing your 2nd overall pick.

Back