Randy Moss is the Best Wide Receiver of All Time

Wandering Athol

Blood in the streets it's up to my ankle
Reaction score
...or at least so says Randy....

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/s...he-best-wide-receiver-of-all-time-hands-down/
ESPN.com’s Tim Graham emptied out his notebook, and wrote another piece with Randy Moss in his AFC East blog. In it are more gems from the Patriot’s receiver.

[...]

“I’m the best wide receiver of all-time, hands down,” Moss told Graham. “I could really give a damn what (Murphy) says.

“I don’t really like to judge people or other athletes. I know what I’m able to do on the field, but the things I’m able to do to dictate how a defense plays the game, I don’t think there’s no other receiver but myself and Jerry Rice to be able to do that.”

Graham asked Moss, who ranks 15th in career receptions with 843, ninth in yards with 13,210 and third in receiving touchdowns with 135, if he felt he needed to break some of Rice’s career records for ultimate validation.

“Me, personally? No. But for the football fans and the sport itself? Yes,” Moss said. “But records are meant to be broken. I think that I’ve made a mark for myself and my name to go down as if not the greatest but one of the greatest players.

To hell with wide receiver. I think I go down as one of the greatest players to ever play this game.”

Moss then shifted his thought, and put it all into context for Graham.

“I don’t really know where I rank at, but as long as I get a Super Bowl ring before I leave this game, I think my life and my goal would be complete in the NFL,” he said.

Moss, who turned 32 in February, also offered this about his future: “There’s still a lot of football left in my body, and I want to definitely play until the wheels fall off.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe in 8 years from now, a 39-year-old Brady will still be slinging it in the Silver & Blue to a 40-year-old Moss? I guess stranger things have happened.

So is Moss the Greatest WR of All-Time like he thinks (perhaps tongue-in-cheek)? (Heck, I remember prior to 2007, many folks on this board not even thinking he was a surefire HOFer.)

If he helps TFB get another ring or two, I'll agree with whatever he wants to call himself. 'Til then I hope he's practicing his "separation" moves for the superbowls. :shrug:

I don't think there has ever been another reciever as athletic as moss. I'm not sure there has been any other reciever who could run as fast at thier top speed. If he plays with Brady for 10 more years, he could have the numbers, for sure.

Jerry Rice is the best wideout ever. Possibly the best NFL player ever.

Rice hold all the records and that's before it was fashionable to throw the ball every other play.

Randy Moss is very good but he ain't great, let alone the best.:rolleyes:

Rice hold all the records and that's before it was fashionable to throw the ball every other play.

This.

Correct on Jerry, but I'd be hard pressed to say Randy Moss isn't great.

Correct on Jerry, but I'd be hard pressed to say Randy Moss isn't great.
Hard to call anyone "great" that quit on his team...even just once, even if it was justified.

Hard to call anyone "great" thast admittedly takes plays off when he wants to.

Not saying I don't think he's very, very, good. Not saying I don't like him, I do. not saying I don't want him on my team, I do. Just saying that I can't consider him great because of those things.

Sorry Moss your a Elite WR. IMO the greatest WR of all time still is Jerry Rice.

:p

Oh noes, pride comes before a fall too. He'd be better off being humble.

I don't love this but Randy hasn't ever really been humble.:) I still prefer the Wes Welker 'tude but that is unusual in the world of Wide Receivers.

I don't care, I love Randy. Used to hate him, now I love him. He's not scared to upset people saying he's better than the best. He f*cking kills me.

Hard to call anyone "great" that quit on his team...even just once, even if it was justified.

Hard to call anyone "great" thast admittedly takes plays off when he wants to.

Not saying I don't think he's very, very, good. Not saying I don't like him, I do. not saying I don't want him on my team, I do. Just saying that I can't consider him great because of those things.

I didn't know quitting on your team had anything to do with playing the game of football.

I didn't know quitting on your team had anything to do with playing the game of football.
godkills.gif

I have long said Jerry is the GOAT in football. He was never the fastest, but he had the best game speed out of anyone. Think about how the rules were in the mid 80's till early 2000's in regards to contact. He still torched teams. When Moss's career is over he might be in a top ten list for me. top 20 for sure.

Word.

Didnt hurt that Jerry had montana throwing to him. I think Moss can go get a ball over a defender better than anyone ever. Jerry has the numbers so he can be the best or whatever, but I will say this, ask Jerry who the best is and he will himself too, these are receivers guys, humble is not a word they use, I want moss to think he is the best. As far as someone saying he quit on his team. I never saw rice having to go over the middle and risk his caeer for a 4-12 team that half the players there didnt care to be there, sooo...

Didnt hurt that Jerry had montana throwing to him. I think Moss can go get a ball over a defender better than anyone ever. Jerry has the numbers so he can be the best or whatever, but I will say this, ask Jerry who the best is and he will himself too, these are receivers guys, humble is not a word they use, I want moss to think he is the best. As far as someone saying he quit on his team. I never saw rice having to go over the middle and risk his caeer for a 4-12 team that half the players there didnt care to be there, sooo...

Absolute fail; slants and crossing routes were Jerry's forte; he made the 5 yard slant popular; when headhunting was allowed

Absolute fail; slants and crossing routes were Jerry's forte; he made the 5 yard slant popular; when headhunting was allowed

Funny you didnt seem to read what I wrote. Rice was not doing that for a 4-12 team who didnt give a shit. So before you fail me, read the entire line you bolded.

Back