Report: Tony Romo plans to retire from football, go into broadcasting

THIS JUST IN: Tony Romo injured after tripping during walk to podium to announce retirement. Broadcasting career put on hold.

C8l9dPpXsAE0MMM.jpg

And here's a little payback to Jerrah from goodell for taking the cap hit and releasing Romo as well as Jerrah's support for the 3 team moves, not to mention his deflategate support.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
Dallas has emerged as a favorite to host the 2018 NFL draft at the Cowboys' new headquarters in Frisco, Texas, per <s>@</s>FieldYates.

#Transparency

And here's a little payback to Jerrah from goodell for taking the cap hit and releasing Romo as well as Jerrah's support for the 3 team moves, not to mention his deflategate support.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
Dallas has emerged as a favorite to host the 2018 NFL draft at the Cowboys' new headquarters in Frisco, Texas, per <s>@</s>FieldYates.

#Transparency

If Goodell were really trying to build Goodwill around the country - the host city for the draft would be the Super Bowl loser. I realize it wouldn't be possible right away but Atlanta should be the host city for the 2018 draft.

And why the hell is the Scouting Combine always in Indianapolis? Move that shit around, as well.

Romo will be released by the Cowboys today

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/cowboys-release-tony-romo

The move will be designated as a post-June 1 cut, allowing the Cowboys to disperse the cap hit over the next two seasons. The necessary paperwork has been sent in to the league office, Todd Archer of ESPN.com hears (Twitter link).

:huh:

How does that work?

How can they cut him today and have it not count until June after 1?

Why doesn't every team do this with players that otherwise would cost them $?

How does that work?

Good Q. Maybe the paperwork says...effective June 2nd. Meanwhile, alleged retirement aside, they give Tony permission to talk (did they do that already?) and he can choose between whatever offers and being Phil Simms. :shrug_n:

Cheers

If Goodell were really trying to build Goodwill around the country - the host city for the draft would be the Super Bowl loser. I realize it wouldn't be possible right away but Atlanta should be the host city for the 2018 draft.

I've always thought the draft should rotate between all 32 teams. Otherwise, it should be in the city with the first pick (except then it would probably be in Cleveland every year). Just glad it got pried out of NY.

How does that work?

it came into effect a few years ago, if I remember it correctly a vet player can be cut now but considered a Momma June 1st cut in order to give him time to find a new team, Cuts after June 1 were less likely to be picked up.

something along those lines. To give player "X" time to catch on with a team before rosters are full.

It would be hilarious if he ended up sucking as bad as Joe Montana did in his broadcasting "career"...

Will he break another collarbone or blow out another disc before a big game?

:coffee:

it came into effect a few years ago, if I remember it correctly a vet player can be cut now but considered a Momma June 1st cut in order to give him time to find a new team, Cuts after June 1 were less likely to be picked up.

something along those lines. To give player "X" time to catch on with a team before rosters are full.

Then why didn't the Jests do that with Revis?

Or did I just answer my question :coffee:

Well at least that's Simms gone from the broadcasting booth.

How will we ever know what Nantz and Romo talked about this week now??!

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

It would be hilarious if he ended up sucking as bad as Joe Montana did in his broadcasting "career"...

Will he break another collarbone or blow out another disc before a big game?

:coffee:

I had forgotten about Montana on tv. Wow, he was terrible.

Just read on Barstool, will Romo have the same trouble in the broadcast booth as he did on the field? Will he have trouble identifying the mic? ha

I'd love to have a shot of Romo and Nance at their 1st broadcast and you hear "ffffwwwwaaapppppppppp and Romo cups both hands just south of his ballbag and pulls a big faceful up to Nance and says " Do you like chili Jim?"

I'd love to have a shot of Romo and Nance at their 1st broadcast and you hear "ffffwwwwaaapppppppppp and Romo cups both hands just south of his ballbag and pulls a big faceful up to Nance and says " Do you like chili Jim?"

"We talked about it this week, Jim"

Back