Revis is officially a BUM

no Revis was, and always will be, about the money - nothing else matters.

He was open about it and his uncle was very similar to him too.

As was Ty Law who was from the same area.

I loved Revis when he was here and wish we could have had him his entire career. I don't think we win SB 49 without him so it was a great one year marriage of convenience. He got his ring and got paid so I don't think he cares about more rings to be honest.

For some guys it's all about the money. Some guys are about the glory and would probably play for free to get that ring.

For some guys it's all about the money. Some guys are about the glory and would probably play for free to get that ring.

That is true. But Revis had pocketed $80 mil (the most of any CB in the NFL) when he won his ring and his skills were declining. If ever there was a time to take a discount and go for the glory it was in 2014 with the GOAT HC and QB. Bill would have utilized him perfectly to mask his decline and could have added another ring or two. It is what it is but Revis IMO is a complete dope. A rich dope albeit.

It is a short term business typically 3.3 years, you make as much as you can for as long as you can because odds are you will not make that again.

It really is official now. Teams are going to keep going at Revis who is now a liability. I
don't even know the name of the receiver that torched him.

It really is official now. Teams are going to keep going at Revis who is now a liability. I
don't even know the name of the receiver that torched him.

Marquis Goodwin was the guy last night. 26 games, 22 rec, 17.7 y/game. 112 yds and 1 TD on 2 rec last night vs Revis.

AJGreen was the guy last week.

Fwiw...NFL Research says Revis has given up 242 yards & 2 TDs through 2 weeks.

According to PFF Revis in 2015 gave up 583 yards & 3 TDs.

Jason Cole ✔ @JasonColeBR
As I reported earlier this week, #Jets CB Darrelle Revis didn't workout hard this offseason. Source said ominously: "You'll see. You'll see"

This pretty much confirms that Revis went to NY to get fat and get paid. Could not happen to a better org. ROFL

What $17 mill being burned looks like

CscAIqFXYAAiowN.jpg

It really is official now. Teams are going to keep going at Revis who is now a liability. I don't even know the name of the receiver that torched him.
Revis is going to have to get a lot better before he qualifies as being a bum.

Jason Cole ✔ @JasonColeBR
As I reported earlier this week, #Jets CB Darrelle Revis didn't workout hard this offseason. Source said ominously: "You'll see. You'll see"

This pretty much confirms that Revis went to NY to get fat and get paid. Could not happen to a better org. ROFL

Wow...just wow . whatever i think of him, I'd always respected how much work he put into his profession. that's sad.

Wow...just wow . whatever i think of him, I'd always respected how much work he put into his profession. that's sad.

Same, what a ****ing chump.

Despite being about the money I always regarded him as a professional who worked very hard at his craft.

Now? Almost a bit disappointed we got him that ring...

Despite being about the money I always regarded him as a professional who worked very hard at his craft.

I'm fine with it. How much better could the Jets be, if they weren't paying him a boatload of money right now.

:)

I'm happy he gave the Pat's his all to help get a ring. And now I'm happy he's coasting in his golden years to make his $ on the Jet's payroll.

I'm happy he gave the Pat's his all to help get a ring. And now I'm happy he's coasting in his golden years to make his $ on the Jet's payroll.

haha I mean that's true. It obviously worked out as the best case scenario for the Pats.

But on a personal level I've definitely lost some respect for the guy. But it couldn't happen to a better org, so :shrug:

Repped. This is a win/win for us.

Also, I was surprised Buffalo did it (with a now-fired OC), but if they targeted Revis without fear, ****, everyone will.

I suggest they extend him for big money.

Don't forget Jeff Fisher and Tomlin for BiG pay raise extensions. :toast::toast:

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Repped. This is a win/win for us.

Also, I was surprised Buffalo did it (with a now-fired OC), but if they targeted Revis without fear, ****, everyone will.

DJFoster would eat his ass alive. Just sayin...

The Jets offered Revis so much money prior to the start of free agency (tampering, Rog) that the Pats knew they weren’t going to approach the deal. I look back with fondness in the days and hours before Revis officially joined the Jets when the Patriots gave the impression (to many here, too) they were still in on Revis with the hopes the Jets would continue to bid against themselves. It worked like a charm and the SOJ gave Revis that five-year $70 million deal that included $39 million guaranteed.

BB makes smart deals and he makes other teams make bad deals whenever he can. Damn I'm glad I'm a Patriots fan.

The Jets offered Revis so much money prior to the start of free agency (tampering, Rog) that the Pats knew they weren’t going to approach the deal. I look back with fondness in the days and hours before Revis officially joined the Jets when the Patriots gave the impression (to many here, too) they were still in on Revis with the hopes the Jets would continue to bid against themselves. It worked like a charm and the SOJ gave Revis that five-year $70 million deal that included $39 million guaranteed.

BB makes smart deals and he makes other teams make bad deals whenever he can. Damn I'm glad I'm a Patriots fan.

Baiting the Jets into giving Revis the biggest contract of his career at age 30 was Bill's most brilliant GM move IMO. The fact that Revis is content to be fat and happy on the Jets dime is the ultimate bonus. You are right, it is great to be a Pats fan. :patriotlogo:

Back