Sanu to the Pats.

49ers get Sanders(and a 5th) for a 3rd and 4th. An older receiver coming off a major injury and has also had knee/quad issues this season, and is a UFA after this season to boot. You can say the Pats gave up too much but that's just what the market is right now. So it was either stand pat and roll the dice on a 2nd pick next year which might help you 2-3 years down the road, or get someone that can help you win a SB this year and next.

Not to mention a great mentor to our 1st rounder we’ve really yet to see.

Ras-I Dowling and Jordan Richards are the two that drive me insane, especially Richards. That had to be BB's worst pick of all time IMHO

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Patriots have released TE Eric Tomlinson to make room for WR Mohamed Sanu.</p>— Mike Reiss (@MikeReiss) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1187030859200770051?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 23, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Patriots have released TE Eric Tomlinson to make room for WR Mohamed Sanu.</p>— Mike Reiss (@MikeReiss) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/1187030859200770051?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 23, 2019</a></blockquote>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Hell of a run. I'll never forget the Tomlinson era.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

49ers get Sanders(and a 5th) for a 3rd and 4th. An older receiver coming off a major injury and has also had knee/quad issues this season, and is a UFA after this season to boot. You can say the Pats gave up too much but that's just what the market is right now. So it was either stand pat and roll the dice on a 2nd pick next year which might help you 2-3 years down the road, or get someone that can help you win a SB this year and next.

I think of Sanu as a bigger, stronger, tougher Danny Amendola with the same determined attitude as Danny.

Sanu is a better signing for the Pats than Sanders would be now. 5 years ago? Sanders was a much better player back then than he is today.

Here is a list of the pats 2nd round picks under BB, lets see if he is 50/50

Joejuan-Dont know
Duke Dawson
Cyrus Jones
Jordan Richards
JG
Jamie Collins
Dobson
Tavon Wilson
Dowling
Vareen
Gronk
Cunningham
Spikes
Chung
Brace
Darius Butler
Vollmer
Weatley
Chad Jackson
Marquise Hill
Eugene Wilson
bethel Johnson
Branch
Matt Light
Adrian Klemm

So I have 12...well busts, and I gave a couple benefit of the doubt. So Yeah I guess 50/50

Which is kind of my point. I think you should be able to do better in the 2nd round than 50% busts, but what do I know?

Supposedly, Bill has always had a philosophy of trying to shoot for greatness in the 2nd round and taking a risk in the process, i.e. Gronk with his back issues, rather than settling for a regular starter-type that plays a long time in this league.

I know that hindsight is 20-20, but some of those guys were just embarrassingly inept players, especially since we've been pulling good, say, defensive backs out of the UDFA scrap pile lately.

Which is kind of my point. I think you should be able to do better in the 2nd round than 50% busts, but what do I know?

Supposedly, Bill has always had a philosophy of trying to shoot for greatness in the 2nd round and taking a risk in the process, i.e. Gronk with his back issues, rather than settling for a regular starter-type that plays a long time in this league.

I know that hindsight is 20-20, but some of those guys were just embarrassingly inept players, especially since we've been pulling good, say, defensive backs out of the UDFA scrap pile lately.

Nobody does better than 50/50 on 2nd round picks over time. Nobody.

Everyone says a 2nd round pick is overpaying.

They forget this is the Patriots we're talking about.

It's not a 2nd round pick.

It's pick #64, which is basically a 3rd round pick.

:coffee:

Makes me wonder about the health or status of Gordon even more. Last year didn't Gordon sit out a game and then was suspended. Sure hope he hasn't relapsed again.

While I thought Gordon might have issues, I didn't expect the Pats to give up on him. Strange season for our WR

Everyone says a 2nd round pick is overpaying.

They forget this is the Patriots we're talking about.

It's not a 2nd round pick.

It's pick #64, which is basically a 3rd round pick.

:coffee:

True.

Driving yesterday of course Mousey Mazz is proclaiming what a better deal Sanders is. I disagree.

A 2 for a bigger, more physical, healthier WR for this year and next vs a 3 and 4 for the remainder of this year plus a 5? No brainer to me.

True.

Driving yesterday of course Mousey Mazz is proclaiming what a better deal Sanders is. I disagree.

A 2 for a bigger, more physical, healthier WR for this year and next vs a 3 and 4 for the remainder of this year plus a 5? No brainer to me.
I would assume that you would automatically disagree with whatever Mazz says.

Back