So there's a game on I guess

but on the plus side Jordan Richards got hurt. Hopefully it will be season-ending so we don't have to see him 5 yards behind the guy he's supposed to be covering.

Jesus, Tommy.....can't you see that Richards has simply been playing trail technique???

:coffee:

In all seriousness, I know he's a lost cause, but prior to getting blown up he appeared, at least, to be working really hard in a futile effort to save his NFL career.

None of the 14 rookie DBs we had out there stood out, but you'd like to think one of them, if not all, can be better than Richards just because they aren't him.

BTW, let's not award Just Cover Jackson a pro bowl nomination just yet, but he does look good in pads.

Tried to watch on NFL Gamepass last night. What an outstanding service! It wouldn't work on the app on my TV, wouldn't work on Fire Stick, and wouldn't work on PS4. I got the game to come up on it on my phone, but it crashed every other play at best.

From what I did see, Trent Brown engulfs people. Ralph Webb looked decent in the 2nd half. Ryan Lewis stuck the hell out of a WR with a beautiful form tackle. He did nothing else, but that was nice to watch.

Most of the rest of the game was the video dropping and getting to read the same error message over and over.

Shelton looked like a good add.

Bentley made some plays.

Patterson helped himself.

Lucien is buried on the depth chart but he stepped it up.

Really liked Hill and Webb. Webb’s catch for the 2 pt conv was nasty.

We’re a hot mess at the games most important position if TB doesn’t give them a firm commitment to term. Regardless, they MUST identify a guy this year and hope they’re right.

I wonder who was responsible for replacing Blunt with Gillislie last year after Blunt running all over the Pats in last year's SB and again playing every single game for the Eagles last year. :coffee:

I've learned to not judge most FA losses by the Pats because they generally work out for our benefit in the end, but I hated the fact that we let Blount walk.

Philly signed him for a 1-year deal that was worth a max of only 2.8M with 1.55M of that in incentives.

The guy was money on the goal line and in bad weather and was that big back/pounding presence that you need in the mix. 18 TDs for us in 2016.

I hated that deal and we lived to regret it. Bad non-move by Bill.

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm in response to the first 6 Negative Nellie responses.

Mine was negative, but an objective fact. Danny Eitling is terrible. He looked like Skinny Tebow.

Justified, he was having trouble getting the hand offs going. I think two were fumbled. That screen pass to the outside almost got the receiver killed.

Shelton looked like a good add.

Bentley made some plays.

Patterson helped himself.

Really liked Hill and Webb. Webb’s catch for the 2 pt conv was nasty.

We’re a hot mess at the games most important position if TB doesn’t give them a firm commitment to term. Regardless, they MUST identify a guy this year and hope they’re right.

Patterson looked like a legitimate NFL WR. Color me surprised.

I mean, this is the first real throwing he's done since February, so a sore back probably isn't all that surprising. :coffee:

Justified, he was having trouble getting the hand offs going. I think two were fumbled. That screen pass to the outside almost got the receiver killed.

He couldn't even get a read option off correctly, which is like, the one thing he should be able to do.

On the OL front, I tend to like Waddle as a pass blocker, but he was awful last night as everybody could see.

While Zo pounded the point home ad nauseum, it didn't take a former NFL player to see that Trent Brown runs exceptionally well for a giant and he performed as advertised, several times completely stoning his man from penetrating. Based on watching him on film and last night we may have an answer to how much we will miss Nate Solder-----not a bit.

One guy that stood out to me in limited action was Matt Tobin. Number 64 looks really good on the move and he showed wheels, body control and an ability to find and handle guys in space. Never saw the man before and I came away fairly impressed, but I need to watch him in line.

On the negative side, I'd hoped Joe Thuney would have added some healthy bulk to his frame, but he didn't look or play any different to me. I had hoped for improvement this offseason. Several mistakes and he got pushed around a bit upon first glance.

I'll try to watch it again and sort out the bubble guys. Did anybody see who got the reps at C after Andrews hit the bench?

When time was running out in the first half (I think) and it looked like we were shooting for the donut hole, he caught one down the left sideline when Hoyer had a year to throw and went right out of bounds. At first I thought "jesus...the guy could have gotten at least 5 more yards", but when I noticed the time left on the clock, I realized he did it deliberately and left time for another catch and he went directly to the ground for a T.O. and a FG.

That was what he had trouble with last year-- knowing where the sideline was, but he showed solid awareness and maybe a little more.

If the WR corps is all banged up by October, as I fear, we might want to keep this kid's cell number handy. We've had worse guys on the roster.

It really is too bad there's no kind of organized team activity that would have let him get some throwing in to build chemistry with his receivers.

Wrong thread Jaric, we are talking about our 3rd string QB, he attended OTA's.

It really is too bad there's no kind of organized team activity that would have let him get some throwing in to build chemistry with his receivers.

Hey, let Luck win the underwear olympics.

Our guy was on a "family vacation" to race week in Monaco so he could practice drinking Courvoisier with Dukes and assorted Eurotrash. It's good for the kiddies to have some exposure to la belle vie so they'll know where to blow their trust fund wad when they get older.

Hey, let Luck win the underwear olympics.

Our guy was on a "family vacation" to race week in Monaco so he could practice drinking Courvoisier with Dukes and assorted Eurotrash. It's good for the kiddies to have some exposure to la belle vie so they'll know where to blow their trust fund wad when they get older.

Oh don't get it twisted, I fully support Brady's decision and believe he and the rest of the team should go ahead and skip training camp as well.

Well unless Brady got demoted twice that's not who Tommy and I were talking about.

Oh now I see. Yeah obviously it was OTA's. Had he been there, back would be fine. I mean naturally he has not been throwing for the past two weeks or anything like that, it was the OTA's that caused it. Or maybe it was just BS crap reason for Brady not having to play in the first preseason game which he has not played in about 10 other times.

Did Hollister play last night? I didn't watch most of the game but don't remember seeing him for the portion that I did.

Back