Soooooooooo- have we talked about a draft day party yet?...

OffTopic

civilly discoursed
Reaction score
...because Holy Shit, my Cali ass* just might be able to go.

Of course, there actually being a football season in 2011 has a great deal to do with that I imagine.

Either way, I want/need to finally make the voyage. It's up to you guys to drop everything and make it, too, because Lord knows I don't know when it may happen again. I do know I owe a certain couple of folks a beer or two :toast:

Communication. I likez it.

*Mr Jh is coming too, pervs. And he is the jealous type, lolz.

I say this every friggin' year:

I think I might be able to make it this year!

...because Holy Shit, my Cali ass* just might be able to go.

Of course, there actually being a football season in 2011 has a great deal to do with that I imagine.

The draft will be held even if there's not a new labor agreement in place by then.

There will be a draft party. BTW, you're welcome to stay with us if you'd like.

Jh & Hubby come to Boston for tPlanet DraftDay Party

Round Trip Airfare for 2: $678.00

Rounds of drink for RG: $100.00

Lodging @ PFL's place: $0.00

Pics of The *Wilderbeast* in a Pink Bathrobe:
*Priceless*

:doh:

Does this mean I'd have to go?

Ya'll better be coming. If JH can fly in, those of you who live here have no excuse.:harumph:

Just have to tell me where and when. I bring MY DD for me to start drinking again.

I already started prepping the boy for this gathering lol So we are in we just can't make it down until he gets out of work Friday night.

JH I hope you can make it!!!

Dwight Schrute suggested that Mikie and myself could possibly suggest a place in the Middleboro area in the event that Babalu is well enough to attend the draft party. DKM chimed in with a suggestion that I host the party at my house, which I have considered and the following is my honest opinion about the feasibility of that idea.

It would have to be an outdoor event for me to host it since I don't have a indoor room large enough for this gathering.

I do have a pretty good-sized deck (about 360 sq ft) with a 10X12 canopy, two propane heaters, a chiminea, TV hookup and regularly have hosted parties of 25 or more, but we are talking about April in New England, so rain could be an issue.

To sum it up:

Pros: The cost would be minimal, no haggling over a big bill at the end of the night, no room fee, quality of food and beverages would be very good and the tailgate ambience would be really good as long as it's a clear night. I've done that in dead of winter for Pats games and it is nice out there. Late April is a relative piece of cake. Woodsy and private. Noise not a big issue. I've got electricity and a great sound system.

If Babalu is well enough to attend, then proximity for him is definitely a big plus. I live less than two miles from FrankW's house where he hangs out. Maximum Capacity for a party at my house would be 25 or so. I don't know how many there were last year, but that would be pretty close, I think. Some planet people do smoke, so that would obviously be no issue outdoors. Plenty of parking. Nearest hotel is about 2 miles from me. I'm minutes from routes 495 & 24.

Cons: Middleboro is about 40 minutes away from Boston, Providence and Hyannis. I can't gauge geographic desirability at this point, although that probably isn't great. Weather could be a big problem but could be minimalized with a little extra effort and some tarps. I don't have space for overnight guests. No public transportation. Might not be big enough.

Every suggestion will have pros and cons and it is just a matter of coming up with something that works for as many folks as possible. I don't think my place would necessarily work for everyone, but it might be worth thinking about.

I'm just going to throw this out there Hawg and it is exceedingly generous of you to offer your home.

I know it is early spring so it is not as much of an issue...but Babs outside with the bugs in the area that got him this way in the first place???:(

Am I an asshole? :( It is just the first thing that popped in my head.:sulk:

I already started prepping the boy for this gathering lol So we are in we just can't make it down until he gets out of work Friday night.

JH I hope you can make it!!!
The 1st round of the draft is, again, Thursday night. So you'll just have to make it down without him and take Friday off again. I don't want to hear about any excuses. That's an order. He can take Friday off, too, if he wants to make it to the party with you. You have plenty of advance warning. It starts on April 28th. Be there.

I'm just going to throw this out there Hawg and it is exceedingly generous of you to offer your home.

I know it is early spring so it is not as much of an issue...but Babs outside with the bugs in the area that got him this way in the first place???:(

Am I an asshole? :( It is just the first thing that popped in my head.:sulk:

No, you're not. You're a thoughtful and considerate person who cares deeply about people.

Great idea to have it at Hawg's place, but I'm not sure if people from Boston/North Shore would find it convenient. Not so bad for me. Plus, Hawg, do you really want to be cooking and bartending all night?

I don't care where we have it. There's a new place on Rte 1 in Norwood called Jake & Joe's that's supposed to be a pretty popular sports bar. Haven't been there yet, but I've heard about it from a few people.

There's always CBS Scene. We know there's plenty of TVs there.

Plenty of time to think about it. I know people definitely NEEDED a hotel last time nearby, as they were crawling back to it after the night was over. Of course, shots of slippery nipples were abundant, thanks to either TBL or TG or whoever the phuck it was that introduced them to me. I know my bar tab was the size of the national budget of a small country, but then again, I was buying rounds of shots for strangers by the end of the night.

Bill Mooney better make the trek up from PA, too. I'm counting on him to be there.

If anyone needs a room, I have plenty. Mr. PFL LOVES company!!! ROFL Right, TG? He just hides when I invite strays in.

Well...I can probably make it where ever it's being held...it's not like I need to answer to anyone.

Back