The 2023 Patriots Preseason Period

This Oline might tank a promising offense. :(

Having bad o-line play in camp might turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Last season Mac was near the bottom of the league, when under pressure. Now, he’s getting practice in dealing with pressure. I hope it benefits him going forward.

PS: I also hope the o-line gets healthy and plays better once the games count. :grovel:

I read a rumor the other day that the Pats might be interested in signing Jason Peters, who might have a year left and
although he is probably the oldest (41) OL in football history, I'd definitely bring him into the mix. He might be
old, but his pass blocking stats over the last 2 years are a hell of a lot better than anybody we have at tackle.

Last year, at 40, he allowed one sack in 235 snaps and played LT, G and RT.

He's also making noise about being willing to play for the Jets.

I read a rumor the other day that the Pats might be interested in signing Jason Peters, who might have a year left and
although he is probably the oldest (41) OL in football history, I'd definitely bring him into the mix. He might be
old, but his pass blocking stats over the last 2 years are a hell of a lot better than anybody we have at tackle.

Last year, at 40, he allowed one sack in 235 snaps and played LT, G and RT.

He's also making noise about being willing to play for the Jets.
Not exactly Brian Waters still in his prime, but still,. I wouldn't be opposed to the idea. Talk about giant tackles too, paired with Trent Brown.

Not exactly Brian Waters still in his prime, but still,. I wouldn't be opposed to the idea. Talk about giant tackles too, paired with Trent Brown.

Everybody assumes Brown will be our LT this season, but, based on what I've seen I'm not even sure he's the best guy
we have now. Aside from one really bad whiff, I don't think Stueber looked any worse than Trent. Which is not a compliment.

I've been fooled before by vets who are using a preseason game as naptime, but there seems to be a lot more urgency
among the fans and media to get the OL fixed than among any of the people who can do something about it.

New system, new coaches, zero continuity, injured guys unable to get up to speed, still with the pre-snap penalties and just
a few weeks to go before it's real.

I can't see it coming together by Philly. For the people in the stadium, I just hope the nostalgic halftime show is a lot
better than the protection.

Everybody assumes Brown will be our LT this season, but, based on what I've seen I'm not even sure he's the best guy
we have now. Aside from one really bad whiff, I don't think Stueber looked any worse than Trent. Which is not a compliment.

I've been fooled before by vets who are using a preseason game as naptime, but there seems to be a lot more urgency
among the fans and media to get the OL fixed than among any of the people who can do something about it.

New system, new coaches, zero continuity, injured guys unable to get up to speed, still with the pre-snap penalties and just
a few weeks to go before it's real.

I can't see it coming together by Philly. For the people in the stadium, I just hope the nostalgic halftime show is a lot
better than the protection.
I agree. I think Philly may be a blood bath but I like the next 3 games vs Jete, Fins and Dallas. I am a bit nervous about going down to Dallas though as they are tough to beat there but I think our defense can play havoc with Dak.

Mosley and Carl Davis cut

I'm surprised that Davis is gone and expect will will look for a similar wide-body run stuffer when everybody
cuts down on Tuesday. It's practically a no-brainer after McCall didn't work out. Bill is giving Davis the veteran
early cut to help him catch on with somebody.

Davis did a pretty good rotational job here but appeared gassed at times versus the Titans. I didn't think he played well
throughout the preseason, but I was still surprised at the move.

Surprisingly Im not as concerned about the Oline as others here are. The interior protection and run blocking should be above average, and the Tackle play I think will be serviceable.
There are very few NFL teams without a weak spot on the Oline.

Back