The 2024 Draft

I’m thinking the Krafts are way, way more involved in this draft than they should be and quite possibly were involved in past draft picks as well.

I thought this was going to be like Christmas but it’s turning out to be more like Groundhog Day.
They have said that they will be more meddling, I mean, involved than before.

Terry Glenn and Mac Jones weren’t the only players…

They have said that they will be more meddling, I mean, involved than before.

Terry Glenn and Mac Jones weren’t the only players…
I think they really showed how involved they are with this draft. JK has no business getting involved with drafting players other than signing their paychecks.

The quality of the players that are drafted matters.

The quality of the coaching those players receive also matters, quite a lot.

When Dante Scarnecchia was the Oline coach, no one paid much attention to which players on the line were drafted or when they were taken. It didn't really matter; every year those players were coached up and the Patriots always had a really good offensive line.

When there's a good coaching staff in place, all the drafts picks, in retrospect, look a lot better.

two things that look faker by the minute.... the "war room" shots of the hugs and fist bumps... and those "fan sections" where over caffeinated "fans" way over react to anything and are dressed like it's a halloween costume contest for goofiest sports fan.
Totally agree with you. In the old days weren’t all the teams draft guys in the same smoke filled room huddled over a phone in front of the stage and there was only like 3 or 4 of them?

The draft is now totally OTT and almost unwatchable for me. Like everything else they’re trying to milk it for all its worth and turn it into an occasion and desperately try to glitz it up with the red carpet and who’s wearing what BS.

Those shots of the hyper fans really bug me. They’re all the same. In their brand new team gear and roaring and shouting like idiots when the cameras go on them on cue.

So much of the NFL is fake BS these days.

Last edited:
Totally agree with you. In the old days weren’t all the teams draft guys in the same smoke filled room huddled over a phone in front of the stage and there was only like 3 or 4 of them?

The draft is now totally OTT and almost unwatchable for me. Like everything else they’re trying to milk it for all its worth and turn it into an occasion and desperately try to glitz it up with the red carpet and who’s wearing what BS.

Those shots of the hyper fans really bug me. They’re all the same. In their hear and roaring and shouting when the cameras go on them on cue.

So much of the NFL is fake BS.
rigged af and not all that entertaining either

hyper fans = crisis actors? 🤔🤣

I hate the Wallace pick.

This draft is loaded with widebody RT types who can't handle speed very well, but there weren't a ton of LT
types with good athleticism.

He isn't going to beat out Onwenu, ever, and he doesn't show me even average athletic skill, nevermind what
we need right fucking now. If he's a Left Tackle then I'm a Pirate with a peg leg and a parrot on my shoulder.

This would seem to be, on the surface, a panic move because Washington took Coleman in whom we had shown
significant interest, I believe.

Rookie move, Defacto Wolf.
No treasure hunting for you matey.
He is not only a wide body but as one summary says" he has heavy feet". Not one of the boxes that you check when looking for a LT.

The quality of the players that are drafted matters.

The quality of the coaching those players receive also matters, quite a lot.

When Dante Scarnecchia was the Oline coach, no one paid much attention to which players on the line were drafted or when they were taken. It didn't really matter; every year those players were coached up and the Patriots always had a really good offensive line.

When there's a good coaching staff in place, all the drafts picks, in retrospect, look a lot better.
good post. i just can't believe mazz agreed with it...coaching more impt. than who is selected? 😄

The WR group should at least be able to handle a few injuries this year. With 4 guys who are the same, plus pop and Thornton, who cares if a few miss time. lol next man up. I’d like to see more of Boute as well.

The WR group should at least be able to handle a few injuries this year. With 4 guys who are the same, plus pop and Thornton, who cares if a few miss time. lol next man up. I’d like to see more of Boute as well.
Happy to see us focus on offense early in the draft.

I hate the Wallace pick.

This draft is loaded with widebody RT types who can't handle speed very well, but there weren't a ton of LT
types with good athleticism.

He isn't going to beat out Onwenu, ever, and he doesn't show me even average athletic skill, nevermind what
we need right fucking now. If he's a Left Tackle then I'm a Pirate with a peg leg and a parrot on my shoulder.

This would seem to be, on the surface, a panic move because Washington took Coleman in whom we had shown
significant interest, I believe.

Rookie move, Defacto Wolf.

Slow feet/trouble against speed seems to be a theme.
Chris Trapasso is in agreement with you Hawg. He says this about Wallace

Sizable and long but lumbering, average-at-best athlete at the OT spot. Feet are slow out of the gate and aren't light by NFL standards. While his length is a plus and he plays with good punch timing, he lunges a bit more frequently than what's desired and typically happens when he finds himself out in space against a serious outside speed rush. Upper/lower body strength is the plus to his game but he doesn't have the under-control quicks to be a master quick-setter at the next level. Best when getting downhill, and climbs to the second level with calmness and accurate once he's there. His size profile and experience are at the top of his draft resume but I have serious concerns about what his ugly wins in college will become in the NFL.

View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1O5yo3uN3pCnOPvM9zE4FSONwbIg6i68uJrdD7pb0CXo/edit#gid=1023867038

Maybe we'll be a real heavy running team this year.

Wolf: "We feel like Caedan [Wallace] has the athleticism to play on the left side." Wolf noted Olu Fashanu's presence at left tackle was the reason Wallace stuck at right tackle.
Lazar's take

View: https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1784035313641234809

PFF had this bit of encouragement

View: https://twitter.com/PFF_Patriots/status/1784034575175368851

Evan Lazar's best available for day 3. He does his best to find some reason for hope for Polk and Wallace in his intro. (Wallace at LG?)
Troy Franklin, Javon Baker or Brenden Rice would be home runs in my book if the Pats double dip at WR and go X this time with the 4th rnd pick.

I'm thinking Juju is unnecessary surplus especially if his knee is still sludge. We have more than enough in the cupboard to get rid of him somehow.

Sure Seemed like every available OT was drafted a round earlier than expected the last two days.

We just missed out on Suaamatia(sp) by about 5 picks, dam those Chiefs,
And oh by the way, Lazar claimed that Daniel Jeremiah had Suaamatia ranked at #120 (or higher)????

Wallace , does appear to a serious dude.

Lazar seemed happy with him, ( Cadean Wallace)

Evan Lazar is a fine football mind and I'm not. He's probably more right than me.

I was just pissed off because I expected a bigger investment than a guy that was, whatever, the 15th
best OT available.

I don't know anything about Wallace and have barely seen him. He could look much better in TC, but I just
didn't like what I saw very much. All I could think of was that he's Yodny Cajuste and I vented. It didn't help
that the analyst on NFLnetwork said he struggles with balance and speed to the edge. That is literally the
difference between a LT that can play and a guy that just hangs around a roster.

Well, I'm cutting Cadean Wallace some slack to show that he can block people, despite my first impressions.

Back