The age of the Pat is NOT over. The time of the Chief...has NOT begun.

Being honest, it all depends on Hill. If he's playing, the Chiefs will likely make the playoffs. However then Reid gonna Reid, so I'm not too worried about it.

If Hill is not playing, the Chiefs need a top tier wide receiver, and good luck finding someone to fill those shoes. With his kid having been removed from his custody, him not playing is looking like a distinct possibility. The Pats will potentially have picked 5x before the Chiefs pick a second time in the draft, so you'll not likely find a top tier wide receiver available there.
Even if Hill plays, what kills the Chiefs is horrible defense. Trading Ford for Clark maintains the status quo. It might possibly be an improvement but not enough to turn that defense around, and they lost their first round pick.

They now have no pick until the end of the second round. That will not fix a substandard D. Plus it won't get them WR help if Hill is suspended.

I think they are in real trouble, and I don't say that to rack on Chiefs fans. Any knowledgeable CHiefs fan should look at their losing twice to the Pats last year, look at their team and see that at best it will be no better, and than look at the Pats: Higher and more draft picks, money to spend on FAs, and and a bonus draft from last year: theirr first round pick, second round pick, and a 4th round LB who looked like Hightower's replacement until he got hurt.

I think by the end of Friday's draft reality might dawn of some fans. Or not. We're talking Clay, Hogfarmer, and NWO, so denial is the name of the game.

Just a thought: Even with Mods having modified the thread title, I hate this thread and would ask the mods to lock her up. And moving forward, let any and all KC shit find a new home.

Anyone agree?

Cheers, :toast:
Sometimes I agree wholeheartedly, Tim, :toast: but I kind of like the new title, especially if the Mods funnel future go-rounds of Chiefs' bragging into this thread. Keeping all the Chiefs stuff is one place makes sense to me, sort of like the Jets.

I would ask the mods to come up with another clever thread title if the Chiefs don't make the playoffs this year. In that event maybe we could have a poll....

Sometimes I agree wholeheartedly, Tim, :toast: but I kind of like the new title, especially if the Mods funnel future go-rounds of Chiefs' bragging into this thread. Keeping all the Chiefs stuff is one place makes sense to me, sort of like the Jets.

I would ask the mods to come up with another clever thread title if the Chiefs don't make the playoffs this year. In that event maybe we could have a poll....

Best Team On Paper thread?

Or

Need Any Helping Beating Your GF/Wife/Kid/Dog/Mailman Thread

If you don't like the thread, don't read it. How is it different than the mega Jets thread? At least the KC stuff is mostly confined to one thread.

:shrug:

I agree, but I see Tim's point. At least the Jets are in the Patriots division. The Chiefs haven't won a meaningful game against the Patriots since...I don't know when.

Why not have a Buccaneers mega-thread?

I agree, but I see Tim's point. At least the Jets are in the Patriots division. The Chiefs haven't won a meaningful game against the Patriots since...I don't know when.

We’d need a few scurvy addled shipwrecked pirates to infiltrate the board.

The opposing fans drive it.

Watch out now, they paid Jameis his 20 million so he's, uh, going to be, uhhh, good now?

suggestions will be taken

Best Team On Paper thread?

Or

Need Any Helping Beating Your GF/Wife/Kid/Dog/Mailman Thread
solid start, thank you

We had a Jags thread for a bit, it was intended to be serious but kind of became a joke. Much like this one.

The Chefs are cooking up charges of battery on women and children thread.

I dunno. They didn't make me laugh much last September. :shrug:

cheers, :toast:

I have a tendency to look at how seasons finish, especially in regards to September games. Think the Pats may have finished the season a little better than the Jags.

So this begs the question: how did the TV station come up with the video and why didn't the police and DA have it...or did they? :rolleyes:

Lots of stink with this. Hill's career should be over and in a case like this, there is no 2nd chance (or in his case, 3rd, 4th, etc).

So this begs the question: how did the TV station come up with the video and why didn't the police and DA have it...or did they? :rolleyes:

Lots of stink with this. Hill's career should be over and in a case like this, there is no 2nd chance (or in his case, 3rd, 4th, etc).
yes, this stinks of a huge cover-up, who paid off or dialed in a favor?

Back