The age of the Pat is NOT over. The time of the Chief...has NOT begun.

I think that if the Pats make the playoffs again this year, they will call it an epoch. :toast:

Epoch works for me.

In the beginning there was NFL football. During that period we had the pre Super Bowl epoch, the other than Patriots epoch and the Patriots epoch. All other times are immaterial.

That's the same thing Jets fans used to say about Mark Sanchise before he decided to explore a career as a proctologist.

Everybody has flaws that can be exploited.

Right now Belichick is burning the midnight oil and breaking down film of the 1934 Dayton Triangles who stopped a kid just like Mahomes.

You people don't know it yet, but you're fucked.

Dak Prescott was just as hyped up in 2016 as Mahomeslice is right now. And was going to start another Cowgirls Dynasty. Now look at him and his team. Mediocre at best lol. The Texans did everything they could last night to choke that game away. But still beat the Cowgirls.

There is no one like Mahomes this early in his career. More touchdowns in his first 3 games than anyone in NFL history.

While other young quarterbacks are hiding behind a running game with big TE sets and a lot of PA with dink and dunk throws, our guy is going 5 wide and launching the ball all over the field.

He moved the ball at will against the best defense in the NFL (Jax) in only his 6th start.

There is no one like Mahomes this early in his career. More touchdowns in his first 3 games than anyone in NFL history.

While other young quarterbacks are hiding behind a running game with big TE sets and a lot of PA with dink and dunk throws, our guy is going 5 wide and launching the ball all over the field.

He moved the ball at will against the best defense in the NFL (Jax) in only his 6th start.

MisguidedFlippantDuck-size_restricted.gif

you know...I actually feel bad for you guys in a way. What was it...48 years ago the last time your team was actually relevant?

...get back to us in December...:coffee:

you know...I actually feel bad for you guys in a way. What was it...48 years ago the last time your team was actually relevant?

Shit.....don't run them off. We still have 6 days to kill.

We need these guys so we can imagine the look on their faces when things don't go quite as well as they expect. Start blaming bad luck, the refs, cheating......

It's always sweet when they just don't understand how our average, aging talent just kicked the shit out of their up and coming superstars.

No doubt in my mind we're the better team. We were the better team last year when we walked into your place and stomped a mudhole in you.

This year we've got a better QB, a worse defense and a whole lot of 5-0. We just embarrassed Jacksonville, cruised right through their defense like hot butter.

Good luck and tell Tom to stop throwing picks.

latest

All hail our new Chief Overlords. It has been a great run mates, but it is time to step aside and welcome the new Chiefs on the block. A toast to days gone by!

:toast:

The Pats have been in BIG games every year. Tom E. breaks it down for us.

The Kansas City Chiefs are the best team in the NFL through five games.
And -- instead of coming to Foxboro to further flatten the roadkill the Patriots appeared on their way to becoming -- the Chiefs will face a team in full.
It’s Bill Belichick with 10 days to prepare. Patrick Mahomes channeling Kurt Warner circa 2000 for an offense . Tom Brady with a purpose. Andy Reid with every kind of offensive toy he could possibly want to drive a bendy defense to its breaking point.
The Chiefs are fresh off their demolition of the Jaguars (now there’s a team that bought right into its own hype). They hung 30 on Jacksonville and were up 23-0 before winning 30-14. The Patriots virtually couldn’t move against Jacksonville in Week 2.
We have all week to highlight the matchups and incorrectly predict what will happen. So let’s table that for now.
Instead, let’s take a bird’s eye view of this and realize that Kansas City isn’t the greatest regular-season challenge the Patriots will face, just the latest.
This game is no bigger than last year’s Week 15 game at Pittsburgh when the Steelers were 11-2, the Patriots were 10-3 and the loser was destined to be on the road for the AFC Championship. As it turned out, the Steelers gagged in the Divisional Round, but it was still an amazing game.
In 2016, it was the Seahawks on a Sunday night.
In 2015, it was the Colts at Indy post-Deflategate on a Sunday night. And then it was the Chris Harper game at Denver on a Sunday night when the Patriots were 10-0.
In 2014, it was the Bengals on a Sunday night after the Chiefs demolished New England six days earlier. And later that season it was at Green Bay for a Brady-Aaron Rodgers dance.
In 2013, it was the Return of Welker game against Peyton Manning and the Broncos when the Patriots erased a 24-0 deficit and won in overtime after taking the wind. On a Sunday night
In 2012, it was the Ravens in the replacement ref game on a Sunday night. And it was the Texans in varsity jackets on a Monday night.
That’s eight times in six seasons we’ve geared up for regular-season games that were supposed to be epic showdowns and generally were.
Sometimes those games have been harbingers of things to come. Sometimes they were just signposts. Always, they’ve been memorable because of who the Patriots have been and what their opponent is trying to become.
Sunday night, it’s the Chiefs turn to take a shot at the crown. The way things are going so far (I know: it’s dangerous to use recent history as fodder for future predictions), this may not be the only time in 2018 their paths cross.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/patriots-vs-chiefs-will-be-latest-greatest-challenges

Or maybe we were just better than them, like we were better than you.
Its been almost 50 years since the Chiefs were relevant they start out at 5-0 this year and the ignorant trolls come running
Get a life loser!!

Its been almost 50 years since the Chiefs were relevant they start out at 5-0 this year and the ignorant trolls come running
Get a life loser!!

Seems like they started 5-0 last year, but apparently that was different...

No doubt in my mind we're the better team. We were the better team last year when we walked into your place and stomped a mudhole in you.

This year we've got a better QB, a worse defense and a whole lot of 5-0. We just embarrassed Jacksonville, cruised right through their defense like hot butter.

Good luck and tell Tom to stop throwing picks.

latest

Win a playoff game in Arrowhead, and I might care.

---------- Post added at 04:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

I know.

We're the new you.

We're excited.

You don't have the coach to be the new Patriots.

---------- Post added at 04:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

Hey look everyone, it's Colin Kaepernick/Robert Griffin III

:coffee:

More recently than the Jets.

Also as an aside, hi Clay, I've enjoyed our visits in the past. :thumb:

Don't be a stranger when you close the season 2-5 to squeak into the playoffs and lose to, let's say Tennessee at home again, but the opponent doesn't really matter :coffee:

Seems like they started 5-0 last year, but apparently that was different...

and 9-0 in 2013 but as they've learned it's how you finish.

Andy R. says Jordan Devey will replace starting RG Laurent Duvarnay-Tardif who has a broken fibula from yesterday's game. Devey spent 2013 on our PS and 2014 he saw minimal action and won a ring vs the Seahawks. 6'6", 320, 30 years old.

and 9-0 in 2013 but as they've learned it's how you finish.

Andy R. says Jordan Devey will replace starting RG Laurent Duvarnay-Tardif who has a broken fibula from yesterday's game. Devey spent 2013 on our PS and 2014 he saw minimal action and won a ring vs the Seahawks. 6'6", 320, 30 years old.

Jordan Devey is the reason the Patriots drafted Shaq Mason. Seriously, one of the worst interior linemen I've ever seen.

Like, we should all remember him for being so bad.

Did the Chefs win...or, did the Jags lose? :shrug_n:

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:48 PM ----------

Since I have been alive(1982) the Chiefs are 4-15 in the playoffs. Impressive.

As long as BEETUS is their coach, they aren't doing jack shit...

Back