The Dynasty

Thornton hits it out of the park again :rofl:

There are two quotes in particular that tell you everything. The first is Mr. Kraft quoting Gisele at a meeting he invited the Bradys to at his house. "That effing Belichick, he doesn’t treat my Tommy like a man." A sentence which would have set a record for lack of self-awareness that will never be broken even if it wasn't spoken by a woman who tomcatted around behind her Tommy's back with her jiu jitsu instructor. Allegedly. But if there is a way to see to it your husband is treated like a man, complaining to his boss's boss is most definitely not it.

The other comes from Danny Amendola, who is now the gold standard among former Belichick players when it comes to hating the man who made him a Super Bowl champion. Twice.

You might've thought Ted Johnson, Asante Samuel and Cassius Marsh had nothing nice to say but can't say nothing at all. Danny Playoffs is saltier than a jumbo pretzel when it comes to his former coach. The thing is, Belichick got absolutely murdered in this town when he signed Amendola to replace Wes Welker in 2013. Even more so when he got injured in his first game, missed four of the next six, and started being called Danny Glassendola by sports radio imbeciles. But I guess making a guy rich, sticking by him in the face of a public outcry, making him a two-time champion, and bringing him to an area where he got to date Olivia Culpo will only get you so far in his estimation.

:rofl:

From the above article as well.

Now that the series is over, as is my involvement in it, since I'll never give it a single re-watch, here's a partial list of Belichick's accomplishments down through the years that either never came up or only got the briefest of mentions:

• The two Super Bowl seasons of 2003 and 2004.
  • The near-perfect postseason defeats of Peyton Manning's Colts.
  • Beating co-MVPs in the same playoffs.
  • The 21-game winning streak.
  • The intentional safety that beat Denver.
  • "We'll take the wind."
  • "We're onto Cincinnati."
  • Two comebacks from down 14-points over Baltimore thanks to the Ineligible Man formations and Edelman-to-Amendola.
  • Exonerating Brady by introducing the Ideal Gas Law at the Mona Lisa Vito press conference.
  • Taking every sling and arrow fired at his team in those years without ever once letting one of his players take the blame.
  • Giving credit to his players for every victory, no matter how much he was responsible.
Simply put, Belichick deserves better than to get done dirty like this.

From the above article as well.
I think it was honest, but more importantly it seems to me that most of the people that where there, coaches, players and staff do as well. It doesn't diminish Bill's contributions to the success the team had one bit in my eyes.

AND THIS:

• Taking every sling and arrow fired at his team in those years without ever once letting one of his players take the blame.
  • Giving credit to his players for every victory, no matter how much he was responsible.

I enjoyed watching the first two episodes, because there were some nuggets here and there and it's always good to hear from
people like Ty Law and Willie Mac, etc. about the way we were back in the day. It feels good to revisit the glory days now that
they are officially over.

It was also great to hear Brady saying fuck and shit like a regular person for a change. More importantly, he seemed very
sincere when he said that things were "perfect". He looked like a guy who has made peace with everything and not like
a bitter guy who wants to remind everybody that the organization fucked up, but, it's early yet. They'll squeeze all they can
out of that storyline.

The thing that stuck in my craw was how nobody mentioned just how bad Bledsoe had been playing during the 5-11 season right
up to the Lewis hit. I don't want to dump on Drew, but it was pretty clear that he was an entitled, egocentric guy who still thought he was a
superstar when he hadn't been that in quite a while. He was in decline, clearly.

I remember just feeling thrilled that we were able to string some first downs together after Tom took over. I was fine with that move. It
took real balls from Bill, which was the thing that made him the GOAT of coaching. He was going to do it his way and if it cost him his
job then so be it. Ultimately, that happened.

So far it is a very fun watch with enough new wrinkles to make it interesting even if it glosses over some things. I expect, for instance,
that they'll claim Drew played brilliantly in relief of Brady, which is a great narrative even though largely bullshit. Bledsoe fell out of a tree
but landed on his feet in that game.
I am not going to argue Drews ability Hawg but I will say that I talked with Drew on several occasions and there was nothing entitled or egocentric about him.Genuinely just a nice guy.

that brady led defense sure played well in sb 53. man just think about how much fewer points they would have allowed with a real hc. too bad brady had nothing to do with the shitty offense in sb 42 or 53. fucking belichick.
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

SB42 was simply the case of the Giants DL outplaying the Pats OL. Not much could be done about that, they were amazing on the day. Brady would have shredded that D if he had the time to do so. SB53 was the same deal. Whenever Brady was given enough time, he always delivered.

"Tommy is the greatest in the 100-year history of the game, and I think he represented a threat to Bill's full power. He didn't want Tommy there."--Robert Kraft

It's clear that Bill didn’t expect or even necessarily want Brady to get so good. He wanted exclusive credit for his system and Brady was a real threat to his complete control. Typical of a dictator. Belichick grew resentful of Brady and his growing reputation. Belichick wanted to prove he made Brady, and that he could win with anyone. For whatever reason it deeply bothered Belichick that Brady's reputation grew as much as it did, as he felt that Brady was a guy that he made, rather than Brady being truly great, and to Belichick it was important that everyone recognized he was much more important.

Horse pucky.

To not give BB any credit is bullshit on the Krafts and those who agree with what Kraft is doing

Last edited:

I really wish Jerry included more insults directed at the Krafts and their Dynasty,LLC in this, his last critique of this self-serving toast to the great Kraft dynasty.

"Tommy is the greatest in the 100-year history of the game, and I think he represented a threat to Bill's full power. He didn't want Tommy there."--Robert Kraft

It's clear that Bill didn’t expect or even necessarily want Brady to get so good. He wanted exclusive credit for his system and Brady was a real threat to his complete control. Typical of a dictator. Belichick grew resentful of Brady and his growing reputation. Belichick wanted to prove he made Brady, and that he could win with anyone. For whatever reason it deeply bothered Belichick that Brady's reputation grew as much as it did, as he felt that Brady was a guy that he made, rather than Brady being truly great, and to Belichick it was important that everyone recognized he was much more important.

That quote shows me just how insecure Kraft is. He's a very little man.

Belichick has never won a Super Bowl as HC without Brady.

How many of the seven teams hiring a head coach offered Belichick a job in 2024?

No one wants to give him the power and control he had in New England. His ego destroyed him.

He and Brady's relationship went immediately south when Kraft told BB to trade JG instead of TB. BB was pissed and he did everything he could to tear down TB at the cost of the team. Brady won two out of three Super Bowls and Belichick lost the third by keeping Malcolm Butler out of the game. Say whatever the hell you want, as great a coach as he was, he was all about Bill Belichick from 2015 on.

I really wish Jerry included more insults directed at the Krafts and their Dynasty,LLC in this, his last critique of this self-serving toast to the great Kraft dynasty.

That quote shows me just how insecure Kraft is. He's a very little man.
Krafty is a mutha schmucka

How many of the seven teams hiring a head coach offered Belichick a job in 2024?

No one wants to give him the power and control he had in New England. His ego destroyed him.

He and Brady's relationship went immediately south when Kraft told BB to trade JG instead of TB. BB was pissed and he did everything he could to tear down TB at the cost of the team. Brady won two out of three Super Bowls and Belichick lost the third by keeping Malcolm Butler out of the game. Say whatever the hell you want, as great a coach as he was, he was all about Bill Belichick from 2015 on.
Brady would have been in the insurance business if not for BB. Fact.

See how easy this is?

GIzXu9RXIAAAxDA

Such bullshit.
How did BB try to destroy TB after JG was traded?

By leading his team to 3 SB wins?

Get the fuck out of here with such abject stupidity.

I mean, seriously, will Bill even come back to Gillette? Would you if this is the way the owner to whom you delivered 6 Totrles is now talking about you? When you hear that he routinely jeered and mocked you so often in the owner's box in front of guests?

I think Bill will come back for the Pats HOF moment but he will do it for the fans primarily and his players who he made champions. But I cannot imagine the interaction with Kraft will be warm.

I mean, seriously, will Bill even come back to Gillette? Would you if this is the way the owner to whom you delivered 6 Totrles is now talking about you? When you hear that he routinely jeered and mocked you so often in the owner's box in front of guests?

I think Bill will come back for the Pats HOF moment but he will do it for the fans primarily and his players who he made champions. But I cannot imagine the interaction with Kraft will be warm.

28/48 (58%) 505 yds, 3 TD - Also the game-losing fumble. I'm sure Belichick called that one himself.

Back