"The IG IG/Jerry Thornton Thread"

Is it me, or do the TV parabolic microphones pick up the Patriots’ signals clearer than any team in football? We not only heard Dave Andrews plain as day asking Brady, “51 is the Mike?” and calling, “Rita! Rita!” we got most of Brady’s cadence. I know I heard “Ohio,” “Sugar” and some throaty noises that might have been him imitating a didgeridoo. There was another I couldn’t quite make out that might have been “All gone,” “Foregone” or “Voltron.” I like to think it was the last one and that’s the signal for Amendola and Julian Edelman to join together and form one giant, unstoppable, megapowerful receiver.

One play was called "Scooby-Doo", in honor of TFB's beagle, Scooby woohoo

If there are more fun moments than hearing a totally dour BB say the name "ALUALU", there aren't many. It's like seeing your straightlaced teacher at happy hour cutting a rug with all comers.

Week 6 is up!!
ROFL
http://thornography.weei.com/sports/boston/2015/10/19/knee-jerk-reactions-week-6-patriots-vs-colts/
And you had to love Chuck Pagano in the postgame, blaming the Funt’s (that might be growing on me) failure on “communication.” Dude. You had a wide receiver snapping the ball to a safety and getting sacked by a running back. The only “communication” that was lacking was no one telling you what a completely gawdawful, hare-brained idea it was. This was way worse than a brain fart. This was a brain shart. And those pants are going to have to be thrown out.

And while Brandon Marshall‘s dropped touchdown sort of canceled out Edelman’s, he also got away with grabbing Logan Ryan’s collar and ripping him off the play.
I was screaming at the tv. I legit had to stop and think if offensive players were simply allowed to horsecollar defenders. I wouldn't be surprised, actually.
Vinovich's crew is pretty good, but it was funny how they had back to back series where they forgot how to spot the ball, one for each team.

"— Allow me to be the first person to ever say this: It all begins with Tom Brady, who is so unbeatable at home we should all start calling it Giselle Stadium."

Wonder if Tom would still nickname it "The Razor"?

"The Brazilian"

http://thornography.weei.com/sports...ctions-week-8-patriots-vs-dolphins/#more-5155

ROFL

Speaking of which, I know Phil Simms adheres to the Papal Infallibility Doctrine for Quarterbacks, but he embarrassed himself talking about Tannehill, which is hard for him to do. “Franchise” quarterback? Really? Because he went 18-for-19 against that defense-like substance the Houston Texans trotted out there last week? Late in the game Devin McCourty came with a blitz from the right side, right in full view of Tannehill. A blitz that he couldn’t have telegraphed more if he’d reserved a time using the SafetyBlitzify app. And still Tannehill took the sack.

"— Thursday Night Football really is a terrible idea. The human body simply is not built to play two pro football games in 96 hours. The defensive linemen all have their hands on their hips. The ends are gasping for air. Offensive linemen are slow to get up just so they can catch their breath. It looks like every cardio class in America on Jan. 2."

It wouldn't surprise me if next year the Patriots happen to be scheduled a Thursday night game against a team that was coming off a bye. Jets, perhaps?

The Washington game KJR is here

Best line?

— You simply can’t give Dave DeGuglielmo enough credit for the job he’s doing with the offensive line. To take the hits that unit has and deliver 129 yards rushing for LeGarrette Blount, 4.7 yards per carry for the team and zero sacks of Tom Brady is impressive. To do it with a second-year backup right tackle at left tackle and a tight end and center alternating at right tackle is nothing less than astonishing. All I could think of was the NASA engineers in “Apollo 13′” being told “We need to make this, fit into this, using nothing but … this.” And like them, Gugs came up huge.

Jerry Thornton said:
In a stat-happy world of advanced analytics and fantasy football geeks, it’s time to stop punishing quarterbacks for interceptions that clearly are the receiver’s fault. For instance, the ball Pierre Garcon put up in the air like a Stomp Rocket to Logan Ryan or the pick-six Edelman caused a few weeks ago. There’s no reason they can’t call that an error on the receiver instead of an interception by the QB.
Agreed. It would be like calling a bad pass to a receiver a "drop" instead of a "poor throw".

Jerry Thornton said:
I assume that “ATM” patch on the Giants uniforms is a memorial for some member of the Mara family? I hope so. Because if it’s how that term is used on some of the sites I go to, they’ve got some ‘splaining to do.

It took me a minute but ROFL

Jerry Thornton said:
This is not a knock on the offense he had out there, but there is an old Mongol expression that applies here: “An army of donkeys led by a lion will defeat an army of lions led by a donkey.”
I absolutely love this quote. I'd never heard it before but it is 100% true.

Back