"The IG IG/Jerry Thornton Thread"

"Pythagoras Meriweather"

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Jerry started calling Big Bang "Pythagoras" when he was still playing here and I thought of it every single time I saw him take a bad angle.

Which was and still is often.

I'm amazed he is still playing in the NFL. He's still getting by on raw athleticism and cheap shots.

Jerry Thornton said:
I thought Brady’s best throw all night was the deep crosser to Amendola with Corey Graham coming through the a-gap all up in his business.

Agreed. That was the one where right before the snap, Brady screamed BRUSCHI and I screamed at my bewildered husband, "I BET THAT MEANS THERE IS GOING TO BE AN A GAP BLITZ I BET...JUST LIKE TEDY USED TO DO, TIMED UP JUST RIGHT TO HIT THE L.O.S. AT THE SNAP!!"

Next week, they can call it RODNEY. :)

"This offense that looked undefendable a month ago is now a car that only Brady can operate because only he knows how to jiggle the shift to get it in gear, rev the engine so it doesn’t stall at red lights and hold the handle just right to make the blinkers work."

Brilliant!

:patriotlogo:

He just keeps getting better:

— Still, when Gronk went down, you know somewhere in a secret chamber in NFL headquarters there were men in dark robes sitting around a pentagram of candles and goat heads cackling with glee.

— At least this 18-1 won’t hurt as much as the last one. We’re on to Philadelphia.

(Even a Dr. Who reference)

Looking forward to a special siblings day duet on EEI with brother Hawg someday soon.

— I feel like if Larry Lucchino was running the Patriots he’d have figured out a way to monetize the weekly fumbled punt by now. “Text the word MUFF for your chance to be the Special Teams Screw-Up Fan of the Week, brought to you by Butterfingers.”

:clap:

Also:

(Note: I will die before I get so lazy I go with “Houston, we have a problem.” Even though it would probably get me into the writer’s wing of the Baseball Hall of Fame.)

This is Jerry at his best. A shot across Shanks' bow.

Jerry Thornton said:
Consider two red zone plays. On one, the Patriots came out in “tank” personnel, with three tight ends and two running backs, forcing Houston to go with its goal-line defense. Tom Brady then motioned Scott Chandler out to one side with Rob Gronkowski and fullback Brandon Bolden out to the other. Brady looked over his options, the best was Gronk matched up with Quintin Demps, touchdown.
As soon as I saw that formation I screamed at the tv, THEY ARE PASSING THE BALL THEY ARE PASSING...THE...BALL...NO DOUBT IN MY MIND...and yet, the only sideline that should have known 100% that is what they were doing went all Pete Carroll in SBXLIX.

If I took Jerry in a time machine back to 1985/1986, and I allowed Jerry's full memory of the Belichick years to be intact.

Jerry would be dead, but his brother (no comment for over exciting the crowd)

Permanent Wood is not the Natural State of the NFL

See a Dr. Jerry and Bro.... It's been 14 years since your erection has not subsided

and I'm damn glad for it

If I took Jerry in a time machine back to 1985/1986, and I allowed Jerry's full memory of the Belichick years to be intact.

See a Dr. Jerry and Bro.... It's been 14 years since your erection has not subsided

and I'm damn glad for it

but his brother.......what?

I get the feeling that you are trying to pay Jerry some sort of a compliment here, but this post doesn't make enough sense to know one way or the other.

We need subtitles.

and I'm damn glad for it
Huh? Even I am not following and I speak KofK

and I'm damn glad for it

I ain't deciphering this disasterpiece

" The muffed punt is the most effective offensive weapon teams have against New England right now." ROFL

While this is hilarious and classic Jerry, it's a little worriesome. 3 muffed punts is a bad SEASON total. 3 weeks in a row is just no longer funny.

Back