"The IG IG/Jerry Thornton Thread"

Jerry on the inevitable rule change to come:

Still, I look forward to the NFL changing the rule to say that crossing the goal line and going out of bounds while slapping the ball around like a bear trying to grab a salmon is a touchdown now.

Cheers, BostonTim

nothing will ever top the magical moment they did the shot of Mr. Kraft and Jonathan, sitting there fully immersed in the game, the elder statesman with his Super Bowl ring cufflinks. Then they do the immediate cutaway to Mark Davis, with his Lloyd Christmas hair, munching on his Goldfish crackers or whatever and just being … special. They better make the owner’s box on his stadium in Vegas open air, because it’ll be a bad look for the league when he’s licking the windows

Jerry is still the football king of the one-liners. I thought this was his best of this piece:

* You’d think that since Mike Tomlin started looking ahead to this game about three weeks ago, he would’ve been more ready than that.

There were more than a few lines I liked. Well done, Jerry.

This team doesn’t have the luxury of insignificant games. Ever.

As Belichick says when he’s walking around in the heat twirling a whistle, there’s no shortcut to being a champion.

If Van Noy for some reason ever decides the world would be better if he’d never been born, his guardian angel should show him film of the Dolphins and Steelers game to remind him he’s had a wonderful life

[the Pats] are cold-blooded killers who will take your emotional moment and make cocktails out of your tears.

And finally my TB12-is-the-GOAT history lesson for the day.
This was Brady’s 13th game against Pittsburgh and he threw his 30th touchdown pass.
In the history of the Steelers, they’ve given up more than 26 TD passes in a 16-game season exactly once.

Dilly, dilly

Is it wrong that I pictured TommyD's shit eating grin every time DL raped the Buffalo defense on Sunday?
Jerry Thornton said:
And yet for all of it, my favorite Lewis moment was him on that final scoring drive getting brought down near the sidelines, and while he was flat on his back, signaling that the clock should keep moving. That’s the kind of situational awareness that no one on the Steelers sideline had with over three minutes to think about it, and Lewis does it in the middle of a drive.

https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/knee-jerk-reactions-to-week-16-patriots-vs-bills

If you have yet to read Jerry's thoughts on Saturday's game vs Tennessee - read em here

https://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/knee-jerk-reaction-to-divisional-playoff-patriots-vs-titans

Also loved this line from Jerry

Jerry Thornton said:
Tony Romo told us the Titans were going to be in this game because both their offensive and defensive lines will dominate. Which proves Tony Romo the analyst is, like Tony Romo the quarterback, much better in the regular season than the playoffs.

Back