The List

I am. Doesn't the slug get a ring he didn't earn if the Pats win just because he was on the roster this year? :shake:

I'm pretty sure there is no hard and fast rule about who gets rings. Under normal circumstances I think the guys who would get them would be the players on the 53 man roster, IR, and the practice squad, as well as other members, such as front office and miscellaneous employees that the team deems worthy.

Players who are no longer with the team wouldn't likely get one except for extenuating circumstances; players dies, is released for some other reason that the team feels still merits the player a ring.

As for no hard and fast rule though, you may recall that the Pats declined to give Terry Glenn a ring after he malingered trying to get a new contract, and ended up suspended. The Pats chose not to give him a ring.

I'm pretty sure there is no hard and fast rule about who gets rings. Under normal circumstances I think the guys who would get them would be the players on the 53 man roster, IR, and the practice squad, as well as other members, such as front office and miscellaneous employees that the team deems worthy.

Players who are no longer with the team wouldn't likely get one except for extenuating circumstances; players dies, is released for some other reason that the team feels still merits the player a ring.

As for no hard and fast rule though, you may recall that the Pats declined to give Terry Glenn a ring after he malingered trying to get a new contract, and ended up suspended. The Pats chose not to give him a ring.

Thanks GR8. :)

If Fat Al isn't entitled to a ring on a technicality, then I don't feel any particular need to list him. :shrug:

Bob Ryan is on WFAN in New York right now and he deserves a mention. The douchiest comment being that Brady has never had a performance under pressure as good as Eli was against SF.

Of course, he also spewed the uninformed nonsense about moving back in the draft, blah blah blah...

Albert Breer was reporting from the airport today and mentioned something about 2007 that I didn't know: the Giants got off the plane all wearing black to signify the 'funeral for the undefeated Patriots' that they were going to attend on Superbowl Sunday.

Am I alone in missing this when it happened in SB42?

If so, I'll add the Giants to this list.

Albert Breer was reporting from the airport today and mentioned something about 2007 that I didn't know: the Giants got off the plane all wearing black to signify the 'funeral for the undefeated Patriots' that they were going to attend on Superbowl Sunday.

Here is the original thread: http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=30347

And yes, you posted in it. ;)

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

I vividly remember their doing that. I think that at their pregame pep rally Strahan even said they would STOMP THE PATS OUT (a phrase he repeated at their parade, using the past tense instead). Clearly, that's much less inflammatory than "HOPEFULLY we will have a big party next week". :cop:

The "best" :rolleyes: thing though is how since TGTSNBN, TB is the one who gets trounced on for laughing about the points scored prediction by Plax when PLAX is the one who fired the first salvo and TB was laughing due to the fact that Plax has 0 to do with how many points the Pats offense scores.

I
The "best" :rolleyes: thing though is how since TGTSNBN, TB is the one who gets trounced on for laughing about the points scored prediction by Plax when PLAX is the one who fired the first salvo and TB was laughing due to the fact that Plax has 0 to do with how many points the Pats offense scores.
Strahan actually talked about that in their "America's Game" episode.

I vividly remember their doing that. I think that at their pregame pep rally Strahan even said they would STOMP THE PATS OUT (a phrase he repeated at their parade, using the past tense instead). Clearly, that's much less inflammatory than "HOPEFULLY we will have a big party next week". :cop:

Yeah its amazing that never gets brought up. Plax can give out a prediction and that is ok, but Brady thought the two teams would score more, which he stated in that same interview yet he is the asshole. They never actually print out the entire quote, they leave it with....we are only going to score 17? Like I said, the giants needed that to get fired up I guess, and it really had zero to do with the game, the giants won, it was close and thats that, but I think this is a different pats team, and I think the giants might be underestimating them a bit.

Bob Ryan on WFAN in New York deserves a mention. Right now he is on the air with a few great comments, the biggest of which being that Brady has never had a performance under pressure as good as Eli was against SF.

Of course, he also spewed the uninformed nonsense about moving back in the draft, blah blah blah...

I know what Ryan is up to.

C'mon ... You think that could fool a Corleone?

Back