The List

I look at it like this....In no freaking way did I think the Patriots would go to the superbowl this year. To me, they are playing with house money, I thought they were a year away from even having a good shot and yet here they are. So in the end, win or lose, I am pretty damn proud of this team and its coaching staff.

We were the odds on favorite to go to the Super Bowl.

It is interesting. Footballoutsiders has NY and NE at almost dead even over the past 5 games. Doing the points for/against, NY does come out ahead, though. NY's offense has scored an average of 28.2 against defenses that allowed 20.6, and they allowed only 13.4 against offenses scoring 26.1. That is +7.6 and +12.7 respectively for a 20.3 total.

NE, by comparison is only +1.6 defensively (19.6 vs. 21.2) but they've been killing it offensively, scoring 37 ppg against 22.4. NE's total is an impressive 16.2, but still short of NY's over the same time period.
Just so you know, that post was tongue in cheek.

I might be completely off base here, but I'm just not impressed with the Giants. I know you guys have had some issues and all, but I am not feeling the Giants love thats going on.

Rodney Harrison. Not only because he didn't stop helmet catch but have you heard him lately? You think he played for the Giants.

Dan Benton

Owner of Giants101.com and the "101.com" franchise.

Friend of mine, worked with him a few years back on another site. Giants fan, trading some regular trash talk back and forth - prides himself as an actual journalist with sources. Portrays site as a "news" site for the Giants.

Writes this:

http://www.giants101.com/2012/01/29...y-tells-fans-there-will-be-a-party-next-week/

Pretends it's actual news - links Albert Breer's, yeah, him, Twitter account to it as a "source".

I call him out on Facebook, he deletes me. So **** him. He moves to the top of the list, and I am going to trash the **** out of his site now.

I've tried reasoning with the guy in the comments section of that page. He's sticking to his guns God bless him.

Yeah. He was our tight end (I think it was 2003, maybe 2004) when he made some comment about "just give us the damn rings already" or something to that effect.

Well, we know how that turned out.
It was Jan 18. 2004

Here's an article that shapes the pre-game picture and quotes Pollard very nicely. Seem,s like Yesterday and yet seams a life-time ago. the effects of the passage of time are surreal.

http://web.kitsapsun.com/redesign/2004-01-18/sports/379257.shtml

NFL PLAYOFFS
Immovable object, meet irresistible force

• It's the Patriots' stellar defense vs. the Colts' unstoppable offense today with the Super Bowl on the line.
Jamison Hensley

The Baltimore Sun
January 18, 2004

A classic confrontation will unfold in today's AFC Championship Game in Foxboro, Mass., where the NFL's most unstoppable offense will clash with the most immovable defense.

On a chilly day at Gillette Stadium, the precision passing of Peyton Manning will collide with the sharp defensive mind of Bill Belichick, headlining the battle between the third-seeded Indianapolis Colts (14-4) and the top-seeded New England Patriots (15-2).

It's the NFL's co-MVP vs. the league's coach of the year. It's the leader of the highest-scoring team in the playoffs (39.5 points a game) against the architect of the game's stingiest regular-season defense (14.9).

They have gone head-to-head nine times, with Belichick winning five. But never has a title been on the line. And never has Manning been so brilliant.
Manning is just 1.4 points from being perfect in these playoffs, based on the quarterback rating formula, the only concept in the NFL that might be more complicated than Belichick's defense.

"Peyton's aggressive, but at the same time, very disciplined," Belichick said. "I don't think he throws caution to the wind, but you can't go into the game thinking he won't make certain throws.

"If he thinks he can complete it, he'll throw it. He'll challenge you. He'll hit the soft spots in the defense, so you have to be good across the board. There aren't any shortcuts to defending against Manning."

In thrashing the Denver Broncos and Kansas City Chiefs, Manning has nearly as many touchdown passes (eight) as incompletions (12) this postseason. He is 44-for-56 for 681 yards with no interceptions.

With Manning at the helm, the Colts have scored on 13 of 17 postseason possessions (10 touchdowns and three field goals) and have converted 14 of 19 third-down attempts. They have yet to punt in the playoffs.

"I don't think I've ever seen a team run through the playoffs like they have," Belichick said. "(Their offense has been) spectacular. It's almost like if they get a 20-yard completion, you held them."

If any team is capable of slowing -- or even stopping -- the Colts, it would be the Patriots, winners of 13 straight games.

Belichick is famous for innovative game-planning. He always has a new wrinkle, a different approach, a surprising package of blitzes or stunts or both, or a new alignment or disguise.

As a result, New England's defiant defense has surrendered a total of 36 points in its past seven home games, including three shutouts. That's just more than five points a game.

Manning, who is 0-4 lifetime at Foxboro, is quite familiar with the Patriots' home dominance and their coach. In his faceoffs with Belichick, Manning has completed 60.5 percent of his passes for 2,288 yards, with 15 touchdowns and 14 interceptions.

"I've had some pretty good battles against coach Belichick," Manning said. "It's funny, I've had some wins when the statistics have been ugly. I had some games where I feel I've played well, but we've lost. I have the utmost respect for him as a coach and certainly as a defensive mind."

Breaking down Belichick's defense will rest with Manning, who routinely surveys the defense at the line of scrimmage and calls the play he feels will be most effective.

His stellar run in the playoffs reflects how strong he has been in identifying a defense's weakness and attacking it. Manning has averaged 15.5 yards a completion in the playoffs.

His likely targets today are a couple of New England rookies: free safety Eugene Wilson -- who was burned twice by Manning earlier this season -- and Asante Samuel, the fifth defensive back.

"If we keep playing like this," Colts tight end Marcus Pollard said, "then you can just go ahead and hand us the rings."

The Patriots will come with different blitzes in hopes of hurrying Manning into mistakes. New England topped the NFL with 29 interceptions.

"If we let him play the way he's been playing, he's probably going to win in Foxboro," Patriots linebacker Mike Vrabel said. "But we'll be prepared. It's going to be our job to break up his rhythm. They go to the no-huddle because they're good at it and they want you to push the panic button. Sometimes it works. But we'll be ready for it."

Like the Patriots' defensive showing against the high-powered St. Louis Rams in the Super Bowl two seasons ago, it's a bend-but-don't-break philosophy.

"They are going to make some first downs. They are going to move the ball," Belichick said. "The question is, how many points are they going to score?"

That's how the Patriots prevailed over Indianapolis, 38-34, in their meeting on Nov. 30. The Colts ran 13 plays inside the New England 20-yard line in the last 3:45 and came away with one field goal.

Cheers, BostonTim

Should I list part of my brain that is trying to decide which bridge I will jump off should we have to suffer the indignity of the Pats losing another SB to the unstoppable, elite Sheli frigging Manning led Giants? :huh:

Since your already in china

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lAZIxuxjogI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lets hope it doesn't come to this :jester:

Gary Myers. First Tom Fraidy and now this.

Eli Manning will pick up his second Super Bowl trophy on Sunday night against the defensively challenged Patriots. While he’s at it, he could make a place for himself in the Super Bowl record book for most passing yards. The Giants’ strength is throwing the ball. The Patriots’ weakness comes anytime the ball is put in the air.
Manning is going to torch the Patriots secondary. New England gave up the second-most passing yards in NFL history this season, and Manning threw for nearly 5,000 yards. The Patriots’ pass defense is made for the Giants’ pass offense.
“We understand that’s a position and spot we can capitalize on,” Victor Cruz said Tuesday. “Hopefully, that’s a spot we can exploit a little bit and take advantage of. We just got to see how the game goes.”
MEDIA DAY PHOTO GALLERY: GO INSIDE THE THREE-RING CIRCUS THAT IS SUPER BOWL XLVI MEDIA DAY
The Patriots are not going to be able to cover Cruz, Hakeem Nicks and Mario Manningham. And if Bill Belichick decides to rush three and drop eight into coverage, then Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs are going to pick up big yards on the ground, forcing more defenders into the box.

Sterling Sharpe just said there's no the Pats can score with the Giants.

Ludgero Rodrigues.
Driver of the mini van involved in the Brady accident at the corner of Gloucester and Comm Ave in 2010.
Before police arrived he was seen changing out of a Giants tee shirt..
Nice try you bastid!

Sterling Sharpe just said there's no the Pats can score with the Giants.

Well he has a point, any team that scores only 30 points a game makes it tough to stay up with juggernaut offenses like the Giants.

Back