The NFL Draft, 2022

Lol normally I would agree. The jury is definitely still out on Wilson but I’m really loving the direction that JD is heading. He did a great job in FA shoring up the OL, Saftey, TE & CB positions and it’s tough to argue with yesterday’s picks.
that's true...and every 15-20 years you guys act like you're actually going to contend.

Wynn getting 11 million was a mistake, but it was last years mistake. The Pats had to make a decision factoring in continuity. If that 11 mil wasn't fully guarranteed, I am not sure he would still be on the team.

Thanks BB,

The Chiefs have needs at receiver after the Tyreek Hill trade, but instead trade up with the Patriots (who have a real need at cornerback) for Trent McDuffie, the best CB in this draft not named Sauce Gardner or Derek Stingley Jr. McDuffie is an aggressive man cornerback with great range who will fit perfectly in Steve Spagnuolo’s defense.
Looks like the almost dynasty will continue.

I'm not trying to diss this player Strange. I think he's going to be a good LG and start right away. He better.

But the Pats right now are worse than last year. Haven't fixed losing JC Jackson, Van Noy, Hightower. Godchaux, Bentley still suck on run defense. All the Pats did was fill a rookie guard after losing an All Pro guard.

spend the next 10 picks all on defense.
And they're supposed to fix all of that with one draft pick. Cool.

Thanks BB,

The Chiefs have needs at receiver after the Tyreek Hill trade, but instead trade up with the Patriots (who have a real need at cornerback) for Trent McDuffie, the best CB in this draft not named Sauce Gardner or Derek Stingley Jr. McDuffie is an aggressive man cornerback with great range who will fit perfectly in Steve Spagnuolo’s defense.
He's 5'10". Lotsa luck against the AFC West receivers. :coffee:

Using a blend of AV & OTC trade value charts, here's the trade up premium for the Round 1 pick-for-pick trades:
NO-WAS: 146.5%
DET-MIN: 115%
PHI-HOU: 155.7%
KC-NE: 162%
BUF-BAL: 127.2%
NYJ-TEN: 118.2%
JAX-TB: 150.9%

So KC paid the Pats the highest % markup over average for the privilege to move up of any of the trades.

All well and good but what does it have to do with the fact that the consensus is that he was over drafted by a factor of two rounds? You can say what Belichick says, that he wasn't going to last that long but that will never been known. What is known is that the general consensus is that he was over drafted.

Additionally, he is 24 years old. Essentially, already enough mileage on him to make him a one less contract player, providing of course he pans out.

You guys have what, 10 picks now? What would be considered a successful draft with 10 picks? 5 starters 3 years from now? What about an abject failure of a draft? With 10 picks, 2 starters three years from now?

All well and good but what does it have to do with the fact that the consensus is that he was over drafted by a factor of two rounds? You can say what Belichick says, that he wasn't going to last that long but that will never been known. What is known is that the general consensus is that he was over drafted.

Additionally, he is 24 years old. Essentially, already enough mileage on him to make him a one less contract player, providing of course he pans out.

You guys have what, 10 picks now? What would be considered a successful draft with 10 picks? 5 starters 3 years from now? What about an abject failure of a draft? With 10 picks, 2 starters three years from now?
Why are you so concerned? What did the Billies do?

View: https://twitter.com/JimNagy_SB/status/1519911525175205891?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1519911525175205891%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

It is NOT known that he was overdrafted. All we know is that mock draft people thought he should have gone later. They don't know shit. We had a need at guard and now we have an awesome guard for the next five years.

Here's the deal for the Pats OR the Bills. If your team thinks a guy is really important to YOUR scheme, you should take him where you think his value is.

And stop worrying about the consensus. Stop worrying about where those idiots think the Bills' Day Two picks should have gone. Those guys who make mock drafts have not interviewed players and have no clue as to what the Bills are trying to build and what kind of players the Bills FO are looking for.

After hearing all of this talk about McVay I decided that instead of immediately being butthurt I should watch the actual video first. Yeah, not butthurt whatsoever. To me at least it wasn't him laughing at the Patriots pick at all. I just thought it was one of those laughing in disbelief things. Maybe even laughing at themselves for projecting him so low. 🤷‍♂️

This was my take as well. And he seemed a bit liquored up.

Probably wasn't over-drafted by 2 or 3 rounds, Strange had pre-draft visits with: Tampa (pick 33) Minnesota (pick 34) Seattle (40, 41), had multiple meeting with the Jets (pick 38) and met twice with Chicago (pick 39). Now that might have just been a "let's do our homework on this guy as we may end up facing him at some point" - but the reality is, is that other teams were likely sniffing around Strange and there was a good chance that he doesn't make it to 54.

Teams will always value players differently from the so-called "consensus" and the Patriots are probably one team where their deviation from said consensus is by a fairly large margin.

If he goes 33 to Tampa, is he still over-drafted, or is it a "solid pick to bolster the offensive line protecting Tom Brady/future Tampa QB"

Slept on it and.... still not happy that is how it played out. Of course I hope the player works out well and in hindsight it was a "brillant" move, but I would have preferred they got one of the top rated defensive players that all got picked off between where we were and where we traded down to.
of course, if extra good players picked today and tomorrow then I'll amend my comments to take in the extra pics netted and who they were used on.
we'll see...
That's my problem, it will never be a brilliant move because even if he's a player, all it accomplishes is to fill a hole that Bill created by trading Mason for nothing. That's what the Bill ***** don't get. Hope fully the scouts lock Bill in a closet tonight so he can't do further damage.

Using a blend of AV & OTC trade value charts, here's the trade up premium for the Round 1 pick-for-pick trades:
NO-WAS: 146.5%
DET-MIN: 115%
PHI-HOU: 155.7%
KC-NE: 162%
BUF-BAL: 127.2%
NYJ-TEN: 118.2%
JAX-TB: 150.9%

So KC paid the Pats the highest % markup over average for the privilege to move up of any of the trades.

"UNPOSSIBLE!!!!!"

-MAZZ

It is NOT known that he was overdrafted. All we know is that mock draft people thought he should have gone later. They don't know shit. We had a need at guard and now we have an awesome guard for the next five years.

Here's the deal for the Pats OR the Bills. If your team thinks a guy is really important to YOUR scheme, you should take him where you think his value is.

And stop worrying about the consensus. Stop worrying about where those idiots think the Bills' Day Two picks should have gone. Those guys who make mock drafts have not interviewed players and have no clue as to what the Bills are trying to build and what kind of players the Bills FO are looking for.

"JaMarcus Russell is the next John Elway" - Mel Kiper Jr.

Last edited:
This was my take as well. And he seemed a bit liquored up.

When we won our 6th Super Bowl over the Rams I recall there were some nice words of respect that went back and forth
between Bill and Sean.

Yeah.......that was then. I imagine Bill didn't care for getting mocked by those two clowns in a public forum. It was sophomoric.

I'll quote the great Little Feat who put it like this:

The same people you misuse on your way up
You might meet up....on your way down.

Back