The non-political Coronavirus thread

My mom is getting her first round of the vaccine at her assisted living facility today.

Don't entirely what to think about it.

Last edited:
Two more employees are positive; not sure how/when we move forward here, as so many of our guests are elderly.

We have a heavy responsibility which is staggering, and all options are less than ideal at this time.

Update on the guy I know (in his 80's) that got it. Before Christmas he was basically given no chance of survival and it was just the waiting game for the virus to take over. After 24 hours on a vent, he was taken off it, and within a short time, taken off oxygen. He is fighting pneumonia right now but his family hopes he leaves the rehab at the nursing home to go home (to live, not to die, at least not yet) next week.

I didn't think this was possible . My PA( process assistant) had to leave work early. I found out for 3rd time in 4 months . She out on covid leave after testing postive.

Last edited:
That's me on Sun 21st.

Can't wait. Feel better.

My mom got her 1st shot on Monday. Soreness at the injection site but she also felt dizzy for about 24 hours. First I've heard of anyone feeling dizzy.

Hope you're on the upswing today.

See, this is why I'm kind of freaked out about the vaccination. I mean I know it's the right thing to do but damn. I've already had Covid and I was nowhere near that sick. This is why I've never had a flu shot either. I always heard of people getting sick from the shot. I've always had a very good immune system so I just kind of rolled without it. I'm on the waiting list and I'll still get it but I'm a little anxious waiting to get that call.

Back