The Official Real Life Happens PP Member Support Thread

My Thoughts go out to the family,

tragic to loose a child so young. I'm afraid that this wont be the last needless death on the roads as the level of traffic increases everywhere, unfortunately this will just go to highlight a dangerous spot but I doubt very much if anything will be done to improve matters. Just one point, were the children using a recognised crossing? young children are always more vulnerable because of their unprudictable nature and obviously at such a young age not street wise.

My Thoughts go out to the family,

tragic to loose a child so young. I'm afraid that this wont be the last needless death on the roads as the level of traffic increases everywhere, unfortunately this will just go to highlight a dangerous spot but I doubt very much if anything will be done to improve matters. Just one point, were the children using a recognised crossing? young children are always more vulnerable because of their unprudictable nature and obviously at such a young age not street wise.

They had to stop in the center turn lane as the article stated.

If I am recalling this road correctly and where they were, there were no recognized crossing at that spot but I am going by memory

I know this does not involve a member of our Planet but am asking for people to give a small prayer or some well wishes toward this family. This happened Wednesday in my city

I will just post a small piece of the article. Just breaks one's heart at least mine it did

The news that a 4-year-old girl was killed Wednesday night after stepping in front of a car on G Street traveled fast in nearby neighborhoods. People were saddened, but not shocked.

They said Thursday that Grove Street is dangerous for pedestrians. Some said they have seen more than one person get hit.

Roughly 24 hours later, another pedestrian was struck less than a half-mile away.

A man in an electric wheelchair was struck in the median of E Boulevard, police said. He did not suffer serious injuries, police said.

On Wednesday night, 4-year-old Jamaya McCormic was in a group of people trying to cross the street.

The girl’s mother, Tina Allen of 422 B St., two teenagers and Jamaya were crossing Grove Street to get to B Street about 6:30 p.m., police said.

One of the teenagers was carrying the child, but put her down when traffic forced them to stop in the center turn lane, police said. Jamaya darted into traffic and was hit by a Toyota driven by 75-year-old man police said. No charges have been filed.

The busy road — with three lanes in one direction, two in the other and a turn lane — separates a housing project and other residential areas from several stores and restaurants.

Michael McDonald was walking along Grove Street on Thursday.

He said he saw the accident that killed Jamaya. And he said it wasn’t the first he has seen.

He said he recalled seeing a man get hit by an tractor-trailer years ago.

“The traffic is heavy,” he said. “It’s crazy, especially during rush hour.”

Poor little girl, these stories break my heart..

My mother just informed me that my step-father's father (95, recently admitted to a nursing home and then moved to a Hospice center) has become unresponsive and they are ending his medications except for pain. My step-father went up there to meet his sister and brother to make "the decision." I ask those who are able to please pray for him. He is a great man. Thank you.

My mother just informed me that my step-father's father (95, recently admitted to a nursing home and then moved to a Hospice center) has become unresponsive and they are ending his medications except for pain. My step-father went up there to meet his sister and brother to make "the decision." I ask those who are able to please pray for him. He is a great man. Thank you.

It's awesome that nowadays we medicate people so they feel no pain as they go home. My thoughts go out to you and yours.

:hug::hug: Of course. We just buried the boyfriends grandfather Monday. He was 89. No matter how old though...it's still sad. You're all in my thoughts.

I'm really not an open person, well, it comes to personal type stuff. Course, it's getting to the point where maybe a few more prayers and thoughts could help.

I guess you could go back to end of Feb when my grandmother, on my dad's side passed away. The funeral was on a Wed, then Thurs night hubby's grandfather had a heart attack and Friday my other grandmother went into the hospital and they found bleeding of the brain.

Hubby's grandfather was in the hospital for a while then moved to a nursing home. Shortly after Easter hubby's grandmother had a fall and was taken to the hospital. They found other problems, operated, moved her to a nursing home and the Monday after Mother's Day she passed away. Hubby's grandfather has the beginnings of dementia. Most days he's good but it's getting worse.

About a month ago my grandmother had a mild stroke. My step-grandfather is a lazy bastard who not only won't take care of her, but still expects her to take care of him. My mom and one of my aunts have been trying to convince my grandmother to move up here (she currently lives in North Carolina) so that people will be around to take care of her, since her husband won't, but her husband refuses to move back up here. He's basically said that if she wants to move up here she can but he's not coming with and she's not getting any of his social security or pension. Course, my grandmother doesn't want to leave him. So that's all screwed up.

Then, someone very close to me... Her husband verbally abuses his step-daughter and daughter and physically abuses her. Not only just beats her up but.. They sleep in separate bedrooms and he'll come into her's in the middle of the night and basically rape her. And recently he's started to make comments about his step-daughter's developing body. They have a fight, he hits her, then calls the cops to get the kids removed from the house because he says they're in danger from their mother. And then she won't say a word to the cops about what he did to her nor show them the bruises she has. She won't leave him because she has no where to go. Last week she discovered he'd applied for a gun license. She still won't leave him.

And now all this crap with me... I mean, I'm sure it's just some minor thing, but this on top of everything else the past few months.... On top of all the other day to day crap that comes up, like me still trying to find a job that will work with my school schedule and hubby on my ass about finding a job and him paying for my school... Oh, and my mother is living with us until she finishes getting her RN. :eek:

I believe in the power of prayer and positive thoughts, so any that anyone wants to throw this way... It would be greatly appreciated.

And I'm drugged up and stressed out, which is probably the only reason I'm actually writing any of this, so more than likely this is the last you'll hear of it. But just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean your prayers still aren't needed.

And I'm drugged up and stressed out, which is probably the only reason I'm actually writing any of this, so more than likely this is the last you'll hear of it. But just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean your prayers still aren't needed.

Whoa, dude. Prayers and thought, fo' sho'. And seriously, if your friend needs a place to stay she can come to my house. Her getting beat up and raped is bullshit, and the fact he is making comments about the kid is a sign that it WILL happen to her, if not already. She has a home in the mountains of Cali if she needs one. Seriously.

And again, I hope you are okay. It could be nothing at all, just the lifetime of stress in a manner of months that you and yours have had to endure. Good luck with it all. :D

Hugs and happy thoughts for you MGO. I hope all gets better for you soon.

As for your friend, best you can do is be her friend. She's probably scared, humiliated, embarassed and lost. I hope she garners the strength to do what she has to do very soon.

Damn...my day was off to a great start...everything gets put into perspective aweful fast in this thread. Bmooney and MGO...anytime you want prayers just ask...I do my part...especially on Sunday mornings...my thoughts and prayers are with you both...and your freinds and families...

Thoughts are with you and your family bmooney.

I believe in the power of prayer and positive thoughts, so any that anyone wants to throw this way... It would be greatly appreciated.

Thoughts and prayers are with you MGO! I hope you get better soon and I hope to God that your friend gets the help that she needs. No one should have to live like that!

Thoughts and prayers are with you MGO! I hope you get better soon and I hope to God that your friend gets the help that she needs. No one should have to live like that!

The same from me, MGO - I have heard that if there is enough trouble the police will press charges themselves even if the person being abused doesn't want that. What a bad situation, I help your friend finds the strength to do what she has to, those girls obviously need protection.

I ask those who are able to please pray for him. He is a great man. Thank you.

But just because you don't hear about it doesn't mean your prayers still aren't needed.

Watch, O Lord,
with those who wake,
or watch,
or weep tonight,
and give Your angels charge over those who sleep.

Tend Your sick ones, O Lord Christ.
Rest Your weary ones.
Bless Your dying ones.
Soothe Your suffering ones.
Pity Your afflicted ones.
Shield Your joyous ones.
And for all Your love's sake.

Amen.

mgo and bmooney - you both are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us posted. The Planet really does care!

Back