The Pats-Chiefs rematch is coming.

I watched some NFLN yesterday and had to listen to Mike Silver, the moron and some other guy say the Patriots are greatly weakened without Gronk.....how Brady is not the same without him and how the Chiefs can take them. They of course referenced the 2014 game in KC as well.

Do these clowns even watch games??

That's about the size of it.

In order to be a solid troll there has to be some sort of plausibility to the troll's claims that "the refs are in Bob Kraft's pockets" or "Patritos are cheeters".

After 14 wins in 5 different recent years even the most delusional moron on the interwebz has to step back and think "I don't even believe my own bullshit anymore".

The Pats have performed the unthinkable off the field. They've all but killed off the North American Troll.

Yup.

Probably also tired of being proven wrong.

Brady can't win without a dominant defense
Brady is a game manager only
Brady can't put up Peyton-level stats
Brady will never be MVP
Brady can't ball without Moss/Welker/Gronk/etc.
BB can't win without TB
Brady will never be an elite QB again (multiple times ... 2009, 2014 KC game, etc.)
Pats can't win without cheating (post-Spygate)
Pats/Brady can't be dominant without cheating (post-Deflategate)
Pats won't make the playoffs this year (multiple times) OR this is the year [insert random AFCE team] knocks off the Pats

And so on and so forth. Eventually, it gets tiring be proven wrong all the time and it's just easier to accept that the Pats and Brady are an anomaly.

Reid has sent his players away and they're not due back until next Monday.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andy Reid said that the players will be in today, then they will be let go until next Monday.</p>— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) <a href="https://twitter.com/pgsween/status/815986093288017921">January 2, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

:huh:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Andy Reid said that the players will be in today, then they will be let go until next Monday.</p>— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) <a href="https://twitter.com/pgsween/status/815986093288017921">January 2, 2017</a></blockquote>

Good heavens. Does he know he has a playoff game to still play? Why on earth would he not be self-evaluating his team this week with the opponent TBD and working on areas to improve. I mean the bye week for the playoffs is the golden egg IMO. You get the week off, a win by not even playing, a home game, AND a chance to scout your own team before the most important games of the season.

Just hand us the Lamar Hunt trophy. Really.

Yup.

Probably also tired of being proven wrong.

Brady can't win without a dominant defense
Brady is a game manager only
Brady can't put up Peyton-level stats
Brady will never be MVP
Brady can't ball without Moss/Welker/Gronk/etc.
BB can't win without TB
Brady will never be an elite QB again (multiple times ... 2009, 2014 KC game, etc.)
Pats can't win without cheating (post-Spygate)
Pats/Brady can't be dominant without cheating (post-Deflategate)
Pats won't make the playoffs this year (multiple times) OR this is the year [insert random AFCE team] knocks off the Pats

And so on and so forth. Eventually, it gets tiring be proven wrong all the time and it's just easier to accept that the Pats and Brady are an anomaly.

They're into an extended stretch of dominance that has never been seen in the history of the league. Not even Lombardi's Packers were this good for this long. The worst thing for the haters is that the BB has shown for stretches that he can win without Brady. They'll point to '08, but that team went 11-5 and lost on the third tie-breaker. In my entire life of watching football I can only remember one other team that won as many as 11 games in a season and didn't make the playoffs.

They were all fine with Brady going 10 years without winning a Super Bowl, but now it looks like he might end his career with another stretch of multiple SB wins. That should pretty much kill off any that remain.

Good heavens. Does he know he has a playoff game to still play? Why on earth would he not be self-evaluating his team this week with the opponent TBD and working on areas to improve. I mean the bye week for the playoffs is the golden egg IMO. You get the week off, a win by not even playing, a home game, AND a chance to scout your own team before the most important games of the season.

Maybe they can go to Cabo and stay at the same hotel Romo did back after the '07 season. :shrug_n:

They're into an extended stretch of dominance that has never been seen in the history of the league.
Not true. The 49ers were just as good from 1981-1998, a total of 18 seasons. During that stretch they won 13 or more games 8 times, and won a total of five Super Bowls. They had a string of 16 consecutive seasons with double-digit wins.

The Pats, since 2001, have won 13 or more 6 times, with four Super Bowl championships in 16 seasons. They are working on a string of 14 consecutive seasons with double-digit wins.

you really can't compare these teams, 4 real dynasties - all equally great during their period of greatness.

Packers = enslaved players

Steeler = Steroid era, Rozelle Rule

49ers = No real free agency until 1992, no cap until 1994

patriots = Goodell Law of the unknown

Not true. The 49ers were just as good from 1981-1998, a total of 18 seasons. During that stretch they won 13 or more games 8 times, and won a total of five Super Bowls. They had a string of 16 consecutive seasons with double-digit wins.

The Pats, since 2001, have won 13 or more 6 times, with four Super Bowl championships in 16 seasons. They are working on a string of 14 consecutive seasons with double-digit wins.

That's pre-free agency and salary caps. Lot easier to keep a roster together then.

That's pre-free agency and salary caps. Lot easier to keep a roster together then.

You didn't put any conditions on it, you said:

"... never been seen in the history of the league."

The history of the league goes back to 1920. I thought that's what you meant.

Edit: And you should also check out the Bears. From 1920-1963 (44 years), they had only four losing seasons, and won 8 championships.

Pats would beat KC by 20+ this time. Playing Hou/KC to get to the Super Bowl is like having a month off to get ready for the NFC

That's about the size of it.

In order to be a solid troll there has to be some sort of plausibility to the troll's claims that "the refs are in Bob Kraft's pockets" or "Patritos are cheeters".

After 14 wins in 5 different recent years even the most delusional moron on the interwebz has to step back and think "I don't even believe my own bullshit anymore".

The Pats have performed the unthinkable off the field. They've all but killed off the North American Troll.

They may well end up on the protected species list.

Cheers, BostonTim

you really can't compare these teams, 4 real dynasties - all equally great during their period of greatness.

Packers = enslaved players

Steeler = Steroid era, Rozelle Rule

49ers = No real free agency until 1992, no cap until 1994, plenty of stickum for everyone

patriots = Goodell Law of the unknown

FYP

Cheers

I see the Pats hosting a weary and tired Pitt squad in the AFCCG.

Back