Tsunami/earthquake in Japan...

Just pointing out a few comments made could be taken as offensive.... But i am not commenting as a mod but as someone who says let the craZy person rant at the town meeting then go about business as it should be, do not let the rants of one deflect the concern of many...If no one responded to the post in question it would have been nothing but all these responses give it life, and look at the last couple of pages as what happens... Again not a mod request but a simple point.....

But heck some of you can't handle a suggestion without flying off the handle making claims you could never keep....70 IQ???? Thanks most claim I am lower than that

And beagle thank you for not ignoring me.....
------------------

So my kids are sitting with me and asking questions... Trying to soften what happened as they are still young and have been through a lot recently, I use the movie Ponyo to explain.... How the earth got off kilter and the shift along with the moons effect on tides causes the ocean's floor to rise but no worry as it is once again normal. Seemed to work until some video plays

Just pointing out a few comments made could be taken as offensive.... But i am not commenting as a mod but as someone who says let the craZy person rant at the town meeting then go about business as it should be, do not let the rants of one deflect the concern of many...If no one responded to the post in question it would have been nothing but all these responses give it life, and look at the last couple of pages as what happens... Again not a mod request but a simple point.....

But heck some of you can't handle a suggestion without flying off the handle making claims you could never keep....70 IQ???? Thanks most claim I am lower than that

And beagle thank you for not ignoring me.....
------------------

So my kids are sitting with me and asking questions... Trying to soften what happened as they are still young and have been through a lot recently, I use the movie Ponyo to explain.... How the earth got off kilter and the shift along with the moons effect on tides causes the ocean's floor to rise but no worry as it is once again normal. Seemed to work until some video plays

It's clear you are part of the new world order, and you are just trying to brainwash us with your mind control techniques. I will not be assimulated by your trickery. You hope this post distracts us from the real issue here... um.. what is the issue again? Something about the band Tesla.. :confused:

Damn you're good...

Love will find a way.
Darlin’, love is gonna find a way,
Find its way back to you.
Love will find a way.
So look around, open your eyes.
Love is gonna find a way.
Love is gonna, love is gonna find a way.
Love will find a way.
Love’s gonna find a way back to you, yeah,
I know. I know. I know. I know

Opt, I'll trust your opinion far more than these wackjobs who NEED to believe in conspiracy theories.

What's the possibility of technology causing this earthquake?

Here's a video from CNN that has an "expert" saying pretty much what I did.

<object width="416" height="374" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=world/2011/03/13/stevens.grimston.japan.nuclear.cnn" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/.element/apps/cvp/3.0/swf/cnn_416x234_embed.swf?context=embed&videoId=world/2011/03/13/stevens.grimston.japan.nuclear.cnn" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="416" wmode="transparent" height="374"></embed></object>

As far as technology "causing" the earthquake.

The theory of plate tectonics is pretty well established.

Japan sits astride known fault lines between different plates. These plates move relative to each other. That movement isn't a smooth motion. The plates "stick" and when the strain builds to the point that the rock can no longer hold the strain, they move. That movement is an earthquake.

Could that be "caused" by some sort of technology?

That all depends on what you consider "caused" to mean.

If you mean that some sort of technology could cause the rock to "break" and not hold the strain sooner than it might otherwise, that is theoretically possible.

If one could somehow "lubricate" the fault line, it would move sooner than otherwise. Alternatively if one fractures the rock along the fault, that would facilitate the movement.

However it is important to note that in these instances one is simply making something that would have happened naturally, happen a bit sooner.

Also, by doing so, you reduce the magnitude of the earthquake. The magnitude of an earthquake is directly related to the amount of strain that has built up.

Think of it this way. In a sense, the earthquake has the plates move the distance they would have moved if they didn't "stick" (this isn't precisely correct, but it does illustrate the point). So the longer they "stick", the bigger the earthquake. If you force the earthquake to happen sooner, it only has to move a smaller distance.

If by "causing" an earthquake, you mean making one happen that would not naturally occur, I can envision no way of doing such a thing.

As far as HAARP is concerned, this is what Wiki describes it as.

The High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program (HAARP) is an ionospheric research program jointly funded by the US Air Force, the US Navy, the University of Alaska and the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA).[1] Its purpose is to analyze the ionosphere and investigate the potential for developing ionospheric enhancement technology for radio communications and surveillance purposes (such as missile detection).[2] The HAARP program operates a major Arctic facility, known as the HAARP Research Station, on an Air Force owned site near Gakona, Alaska.

The most prominent instrument at the HAARP Station is the Ionospheric Research Instrument (IRI), a high power radio frequency transmitter facility operating in the high frequency (HF) band. The IRI is used to temporarily excite a limited area of the ionosphere. Other instruments, such as a VHF and a UHF radar, a fluxgate magnetometer, a digisonde and an induction magnetometer, are used to study the physical processes that occur in the excited region.

The IRI puts energy into the ionosphere. The reason it can do that is because by definition the ionosphere contains ions, i.e., electrically charged particles. The HF band excites them in an analogous way microwaves excite (i.e., heat up) water.

As with any type of broadcast technology, it is capable of transmitting over a limited part of the E-M spectrum. Also, any given frequency of the E-M spectrum has limitations over which it can be broadcast.

For example radar can't penetrate water very well, or submarines wouldn't be so hard to find.

I Googled HAARP japan earthquake and found this site

News World Wide has received a confirmed inside information a successful test of the H.A.A.R.P. Project that targeted Japan as a total success. Military insiders say that H.A.A.R.P. scientist were over joyed when the direct hit of harmonic waves that hit the cost of Japan that triggered a 8.9 Richter scale earthquake causing a devastating tsunami Friday, March 11, 2011 at 05:46:23 UTC . Many at the H.A.A.R.P project are still celebrating there new global weapon system that can deliver anything from adverse weather conditions to hurricanes, tornadoes and earthquakes, and even manipulating human minds. The source said that they now control all all electromagnetic wave lengths and this latest test further proves that one global hidden dictator can now dominate the world. The source would not comment on who this was. He also stated that the next target will be the center earth. If this test is successful they hope to explode the earth completely unless all demands are met with all countries. Apparently something more is going on behind the scenes. The source would not comment any further why Japan was a target.

News World Wide has confirmed these sources of an active H.A.A.R.P. Test on Friday, March 11, 2011 at 05:46:23 UTC

That wouldn't even pass muster for a plot of a bad James Bond film.

Oh and as far as Tesla is concerned, Wiki had this to say about his "earthquake machine".

Tesla's electro-mechanical oscillator is a mechanical oscillator conceived of and invented by Nikola Tesla in 1898.[1] It is also referred to as the "Earthquake Machine." The machine which Tesla tested was small, around seven inches (178 mm) long, and weighing only one or two pounds; something "you could put in your overcoat pocket". In 1898, Tesla's New York lab was nearly shaken to pieces with this little device, operated by only five pounds of air pressure acting against a special pneumatic piston device. The whole assembly was designed to be powered by steam pressure.

Houston Street lab Tesla established a laboratory on Houston Street in New York at 46 E. There, at one point while experimenting with mechanical oscillators, he allegedly generated a resonance of several buildings causing complaints to the police. As the speed grew he hit the resonance frequency of his own building and, belatedly realizing the danger, he was forced to apply a sledge hammer to terminate the experiment, just as the astonished police arrived.[2]

How it works Tesla's oscillator is purely mechanical. Steam would be forced into the oscillator, and exit through a series of ports, the net effect of which was to cause the armature to vibrate at high speed, within its casing. The casing was by necessity very strong, as temperatures due to pressure heating in the upper chamber exceeded 200 degrees, and the pressure reached 400psi. Other versions of the machine were created, designed to produce electrical power, both alternating and direct, (without the need for rectifiers). Another variation used electromagnets to control the frequency of the piston's oscillation.

So he built a mechanical device that vibrated. He happened to hit the resonant frequency of his building, and so the building started to shake quite a bit. Nothing magical there.

Every structure has a resonant frequency, and if it encounters a vibration of that frequency it will continue to absorb energy until it shakes itself apart, or the source of the resonance stops.

To understand what a resonant frequency is, think of pushing someone on a swing. Someone on a swing is oscillating back and forth. If you push them at the right point of their swing, they swing higher and faster. If you don't, they don't swing higher and faster.

Could Tesla's machine "cause" earthquakes? I suppose, if you could tell me what the resonant frequency of the earth is and how much energy it takes to build up the earthquake.

The first question isn't trivial. A resonant frequency is usually related to the size of the object, in the same way that the frequency of sound from a pipe organ is related to the length and diameter of the pipe.

So to determine the resonant frequency of a bit of the earth, you would have to know all the major and minor fault lines, how well any piece of rock is bonded to another piece of rock, etc.

In addition, you would have to know the materials present and their crystalline makeup, since this will effect how they vibrate at the microscopic level.

I would think that if someone had that level of information about the Earth, they wouldn't be wasting their time causing earthquakes, but buying mining and oil drilling companies to go get all the oil, precious metals, gems, etc. that such knowledge would tell you were to look.

If by "causing" an earthquake, you mean making one happen that would not naturally occur, I can envision no way of doing such a thing.

Yeah. Stopping a leaking oil well took 3 months, but we won't have any trouble slaying a measily tectonic plate. Child's play.

The source said that they now control all all electromagnetic wave lengths and this latest test further proves that one global hidden dictator can now dominate the world. The source would not comment on who this was. He also stated that the next target will be the center earth. If this test is successful they hope to explode the earth completely unless all demands are met with all countries.

Sounds like we better get ready to deliver $1,000,000....or sharks with freakin' laser beams.

My wife is flying out tomorrow. Her parents in Chiba (near Tokyo Disneyland) will be without water until March 17. She is bringing paper plates, wet wipes, band aids, and snacks; these are items that have disappeared from the local stores. There has been non-potable water available at their condominium for washing, and fortunately they still have enough drinking water.

There are apparently a couple of porta-potties available which is a gr8 help. Accumulating human wastes in a non-functioning toilet results in hazardous gases being emitted and is an under-considered hazard at times like these.

Her parents say that there are some soft feeling sidewalks near their home and this is a bad thing considering that this area was reclaimed from the sea long ago.

They are elderly and got bruised up a bit during the quake, but they are otherwise okay, and of course, they are really looking forward to their daughter showing up to help them out, as their house is littered with breakage and fallen items too heavy for them to move by themselves.

One thing that I haven't heard mentioned but I think should be, is how the victims have conducted themselves. Japanese society is very civil, and you haven't heard stories of lawlessness and looting during this tragedy. I dare say that would not be the case in far too many U.S. cities and many criminals would use this as an excuse to help themselves to other people's property.

One thing that I haven't heard mentioned but I think should be, is how the victims have conducted themselves. Japanese society is very civil, and you haven't heard stories of lawlessness and looting during this tragedy. I dare say that would not be the case in far too many U.S. cities and many criminals would use this as an excuse to help themselves to other people's property.
glad to hear everyone is ok...

I love this part of your post, it is amazing how civil the whole recoveryhas been, no sense of self entitlement

Looks like another meltdown will be coming from another plant....... I have one question..Why is God doing this to the most polite country in the world and not pick some demonic country in the Middle East? I have the answer there its called plate tectonics and Japan got the short straw... The reason I mention God because he always gets credit for the good in the world and never gets any of the blame for the bad. To me thats hypocritical../Rant over

Looks like another meltdown will be coming from another plant....... I have one question..Why is God doing this to the most polite country in the world and not pick some demonic country in the Middle East? I have the answer there its called plate tectonics and Japan got the short straw... The reason I mention God because he always gets credit for the good in the world and never gets any of the blame for the bad. To me thats hypocritical../Rant over

The old 'God only test the strong' answer is all I got...

Looks like another meltdown will be coming from another plant.......

Well, a "meltdown" isn't really a thing that will end up with a bazillion deaths - it's if the radiation gets out in an amount too high. I am feeling pretty good about Japan's odds on keeping a Chernobyl or Three Mile Island type scenario from playing out. I could be wrong, but Japan has a great engineering/science community that is working hard around the clock to prevent that very thing, and I think they'll be successful.

The old 'God only test the strong' answer is all I got...
I hear ya and the Japanese are one strong mother of a country, and they will succeed and thrive in the future...
Well, a "meltdown" isn't really a thing that will end up with a bazillion deaths - it's if the radiation gets out in an amount too high. I am feeling pretty good about Japan's odds on keeping a Chernobyl or Three Mile Island type scenario from playing out. I could be wrong, but Japan has a great engineering/science community that is working hard around the clock to prevent that very thing, and I think they'll be successful.
I hope your right...

What did japan do to deserve a 8.9 earthquake, a 30 foot Tsunami and Now one of there Nuclear power plants core could blow because the cooling system was damaged.

Wrong kemosabe

Wiki has a list here

I was being sarcastic.

Interesting tidbit - January 26, 1700 at 9:00 AM an earthquake struck the Pacific northwest. A huge one, like what just hit in Japan. 9ish or higher on the scale. Now, the only people around here at the time were injuns, and we didn't have clocks, so how did they know the exact date and approximate time? The geological info in our area showed that one had occurred, but other than able to estimate the year, it provided no other date/time details.

They, researchers found that on January 27/28th of that year, a record number of Tsunamis had hit various parts of the Japanese coast, damaging villages, etc.

Pretty interesting stuff.

What did japan do to deserve a 8.9 earthquake, a 30 foot Tsunami and Now one of there Nuclear power plants core could blow because the cooling system was damaged.

They didn't do anything. This isn't something visited upon them from a higher power. It's just a natural disaster. They happen. Japan is located on the Pacific Ring of Fire, and because of that they can (and do) expect earthquakes.

Back