Upcoming new shows

Update: I just watched episode 5 which features the story from the viewpoint of the investigative reporter. I'm beginning to understand why virtually all members of the media reviewers who have seen all 8 episodes have nearly universally panned the series and urged viewers to not watch it. Episode 5 portrays said investigative reporter, his colleagues, their boss and their entire company as totally dishonest, lying, duplicitous scuzz-buckets. Hmmmmm...stay tuned.
So, will you finish the series? I am in the process of going through each episode of The Amazing World Of Gumball. Yes, I know it is a cartoon but seriously I swear the creaters write it for adults with some of the humor they toss in there. We all love it and it makes us laugh, alot. Almost into season four. What else, oh anime. My son and I watch anime, we have done this from early on. It was my way of hanging out with him and bonding with him so he is constantly tossing out stuff out for me to watch. At the moment watching Tokyo Revenge so am going through that for the moment.

It goes on and on but I am rambling now.

The Tick. Cartoon or either live action version. All have their merits. All hysterical.

There are also two versions of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency floating around, for those of you with an affinity for the truly odd.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is really very funny, and Rachel Whateverhernameis is outstanding.

Firefly. It's been awhile, and I don't know how it stands up, but it's...a classic Western Sci-Fi Dramedy for the Libertarian in all of us.

The Tick. Cartoon or either live action version. All have their merits. All hysterical.

There are also two versions of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency floating around, for those of you with an affinity for the truly odd.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel is really very funny, and Rachel Whateverhernameis is outstanding.

Firefly. It's been awhile, and I don't know how it stands up, but it's...a classic Western Sci-Fi Dramedy for the Libertarian in all of us.
Love the Tick! I mean, loved it back in the day and now this version.

I just re watched the '90s Tick cartoon over the last week or two....love it....even more affinity for it with it's South Shore roots.
I think I watched all of the most recent Gently series, I'll have to go back and see....strange enough to need a rewatching in any case, loved the books.
I personally think Firefly is ageless, partially because of the Western/SciFi mix, partially just because it is so good.

Not new but Season 3 of What We Do In The Shadows kicked off last night with two new episodes. I chuckle pretty much every time Nandor speaks.

Firefly is very deeply philosophical in nature and it's one season I found incredible.

There was a show that only ran for a season or two, I think, called Better Off Ted. It had a very Arrested Development feel to it, and actually also starred Portia di Rossi (?) as AD did.

Can't go wrong with Community.

There was a show that only ran for a season or two, I think, called Better Off Ted. It had a very Arrested Development feel to it, and actually also starred Portia di Rossi (?) as AD did.

Can't go wrong with Community.
Arested Development, OH MY GOSH! So, darn funny. And let me add Schitt's Creek, another OH MY GOSH drop down funny show.

“Only Murders in the Building” with Steve Martin, Martin Short, and Selena Gomez just started, airs one episode a week, and is fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Love, simply love. The trio work so well together.

So, will you finish the series? I am in the process of going through each episode of The Amazing World Of Gumball. Yes, I know it is a cartoon but seriously I swear the creaters write it for adults with some of the humor they toss in there. We all love it and it makes us laugh, alot. Almost into season four. What else, oh anime. My son and I watch anime, we have done this from early on. It was my way of hanging out with him and bonding with him so he is constantly tossing out stuff out for me to watch. At the moment watching Tokyo Revenge so am going through that for the moment.

It goes on and on but I am rambling now.
Yes, with 3 episodes left I'll finish..But, thinking about the show last night it occurred to me that there isn't one character I really like. No true protagonist. The last time I remember feeling that way was during the final season of Sons of Anarchy. Loved the show and a lot of characters at the beginning. By the end I wouldn't have cared if a nuclear bomb sent them all to Harley Heaven!😂

Yes, with 3 episodes left I'll finish..But, thinking about the show last night it occurred to me that there isn't one character I really like. No true protagonist. The last time I remember feeling that way was during the final season of Sons of Anarchy. Loved the show and a lot of characters at the beginning. By the end I wouldn't have cared if a nuclear bomb sent them all to Harley Heaven!😂
LOL

I love the show Mayans. I have been lead to believe that it follows after SOA but am not sure since I never seen the show.

I just started reading this series this summer. Still on the first book....800 pages.
Do you like it?

The first book is a little different from the rest, but a great slow introduction to the world.

Do you like it?

The first book is a little different from the rest, but a great slow introduction to the world.
I pretty much only read when I am camping, so I am only about 400 pages in. I read The Fellowship of the Ring in 7th grade...many moons ago.....but it strikes me as very much the same...story wise very similar, and the whole ambience of it is very similar.

So far the characters I find interesting, but so far very shallow, not much in the way of character development, except maybe the gleeman, who seems to have at least something more than a cardboard personality.

That's not to say I am not enjoying it, I am. I just kind of feel like the characters and plot are stuck in the mud, and no more developed at page 400 than they were at page 40.

Not new but Season 3 of What We Do In The Shadows kicked off last night with two new episodes. I chuckle pretty much every time Nandor speaks.
Yup, I recorded both episodes. This is one of the funniest shows on television (which is a spin-off from the move of the same title and is also worth the watch).

Ted Lasso is also a very good show on Apple TV.

I pretty much only read when I am camping, so I am only about 400 pages in. I read The Fellowship of the Ring in 7th grade...many moons ago.....but it strikes me as very much the same...story wise very similar, and the whole ambience of it is very similar.

So far the characters I find interesting, but so far very shallow, not much in the way of character development, except maybe the gleeman, who seems to have at least something more than a cardboard personality.

That's not to say I am not enjoying it, I am. I just kind of feel like the characters and plot are stuck in the mud, and no more developed at page 400 than they were at page 40.
Yes, thats what I meant by the first book being different. Much like Tolkien derived.

But the further you get into later books, the less it is like Tolkien and the more character development there is.

Back