WEEK 14 • THURSDAY NIGHT - New England Patriots AT Los Angeles Rams

Figured I would get this thread going given the 4 day turn around. Feel good about our D vs their O. Don't feel great about our O vs their D. Still very winnable but probably our toughest game left.

Of course they are competing. They may not be making a public spectacle like this board is, but they are. I would be disappointed if they weren't. Competition breeds excellence.
The whole narrative is a media creation. Bill and Brady are the fiercest competitors the sport has ever known. They are always trying to win no matter the noise around. Their motivation is internal.

The Cowboys 20 year streak was 1966 to 1985. The first four years were before the merger. Most of the other years were before FA and salary cap. So the Patriots streak of 19 is a record for the "modern era" of the NFL. I don't know why, the NFL doesn't separate official records for pre-merger and post-merger.
Agreed. It’s like pre-Super Bowl league championships or all the titles the Yankees won before divisional play became a thing...pretty much meaningless except to fans of those teams.

I really feel like our D is going to throw Goff off his game. I don't think 2018 SB was a one-off. Bill knows this guy. Now Goff has Kupp this game which will be much more difficult but I still think we slow then down enough. We just have to hope our O can muster something against their D.

I agree but the discussion was passing because for some reason Chevvs thinks Cam is performing better than Brady in that area. LOL.

Show me where I said that. What I said is that Cam has a higher % completion rate in the last 6 games than Brady does. Then I backed it up.
Stop putting words in my mouth.

Read my post again. I showed that the Pats aren't throwing the ball much. Then I proved it.
Then I said there's more than 1 way to win. It doesn't always have to be about throwing the ball. I said efficiency is the key.
I also said the Pats offense has been very efficient recently. That should make ALL Pats fans happy.
Cam hasn't played his best but in spite of that the Pats have been very efficient in the last 6 games. That was my only point. None of those other things you brought up have anything to do with efficiency. And that efficiency has nothing to do with STs or the D scoring points.
Efficiency is sustainable. Let's hope it continues tonight.

Last edited:
Ooh, the rare FOX game. They tend to have superior streaming quality.
I haven't noticed that yet, but my 8 year old Vizio tops out at 1080p. Same with the projector downstairs, but that setup has the Dolby Atmos so the fake crowd noise will sound spooky again.

I haven't noticed that yet, but my 8 year old Vizio tops out at 1080p. Same with the projector downstairs, but that setup has the Dolby Atmos so the fake crowd noise will sound spooky again.
I think many of the other networks film in 720p, and then upscale. I could be wrong, but fox just typically looks better to me for football than CBS.

I will just need to figure out which platform I want to use, YTTV, FoxNOW, or FoxSports. They will all have it

I don't think any of those platforms stream audio above 2.0 though. It would be nice to get 5.1 again for football.

The funny thing I noticed. The pats never increase their Volume. It's always on low at home games. Compared to other teams that use it.

The funny thing I noticed. The pats never increase their Volume. It's always on low at home games. Compared to other teams that use it.
I think Bill puts a premium on communication for his team even on defense. He could care less about the opponent as long as his guys know what the call is.

You say that as it it were a bad thing. I’m kinda diggin’ this. My whole mindset has changed with the end of the run, i feel like i can just relax and enjoy the game more.
Nope. It was purely sarcasm. Actually it isn't bad. You can watch more of them instead of switching channels constantly.

Most of my posts are sarcastic fwiw...

Ooh, the rare FOX game. They tend to have superior streaming quality.
Yeah, but their sound quality can be off and on. I put a big ass home theater in Casa da OZO last year and you can tell the difference. CBS is always awesome, NFL Network and NBC are always really good but Fox is hit or miss depending on where they are. Now, their video feed is superior to everybody.

Back