Week 15 gamete thread @ Indy Saturday December 18, 8:20 p.m.

Carson Wentz says Matt Judon attacked his “ability to reproduce”​

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 19, 2021, 8:05 AM EST

Colts quarterback Carson Wentz angrily confronted Patriots pass rusher Matt Judon during Saturday night’s game, for reasons that weren’t clear at the time. But Wentz said after the game that he had very good reasons to be upset.
Wentz said that Judon took a cheap shot at Wentz in the place where a man least wants to get a cheap shot.

“Don’t need to go into specifics, obviously, but when a man’s ability to reproduce is being in question and there’s some other extracurriculars, guys’ hands need to be at their sides,” Wentz said, via the Indianapolis Star. “Let’s just say that. When that happens, you can get pretty riled up.”
Wentz said it was as dirty a play as he’s seen.
“I don’t know if I’ve ever been that fired up on the football field,” Wentz said.
Judon claimed not to know what Wentz was so angry about.
“I don’t know,” Judon said. “Leave it out on the field. Carson’s a good guy. He got mad about something, who knows, and I guess that anger was directed towards me.”
Videos that have emerged so far do not show precisely what happened, but the NFL will likely scour all available footage to determine whether there is any cause for discipline.

Bit worried to hear Mac at the posts game presser saying they had a bad week's practice. He said the energy want there.

Now that's him being the honest kid he is, but a worry to hear about a BB team.

And how shit was Isiah Wynn? Awful in that first half.

Let's face it, Pats got smacked in the mouth and took way too long to fight back.

Colts came in with full intensity and Pats were unable to match it until it was too late. The team was playing like they did in the first 4 weeks of the season. A lot of miscues, a lot of dumb penalties, a lot of uncharacteristic play in general.

If this team is the real deal then this is just the wake up call to not believe all the hype. The rest of the games Pats will come out focused and out for blood. If they falter and struggle then we might have a better idea where the team is at.

The good in all of this is that it's all coachable and correctable stuff. The bye week seems to have messed with the momentum, and so now they gotta build it right back again.

We saw Mac make uncharacteristic errors and even almost got two receivers killed (although Sendejo leading with the helmet was egregious -- I still think Mac shouldn't have thrown it in traffic). But we also saw Mac shake off a terrible start and began to mount a come back in the fourth quarter. This kid is not giving up easily and he isn't just curling up in a ball when things aren't going his way. Despite looking rattled for three quarters, when the fourth came he turned it on. This speaks volumes. He'll learn from the rest.

All in all, I'm still optimistic. We might have kissed the first seed goodbye, but if the team learns from this loss we might still see a good playoff push.

Well, that 67 yard run was the dagger in the heart. I don't mind that we lost as long as we at least tried to fight for points. We did and I am happy with that. Kudos to the Colts, they played really well last night, they really utilized the Bye week. The Pats, stayed on the bye week apparently. We're onto the Bills now.

Lazar's analysis - The Pats situation is not as bad as it looked.

Separating the anomalies from the recurring issues is how we best gauge where the Patriots are at as a team. The Pats don’t typically kill themselves with penalties (13th-fewest coming into the week), and Mac Jones isn’t usually a quarterback that throws red-zone interceptions. In fact, Darius Leonard’s red zone pick was Mac’s first from inside the 20 this season.

Almost everything went wrong for the Patriots on Saturday night, and cleaning up most of it comes with a better week of practice, as Jones said in his post-game press conference.

The resounding sentiment from the head coach to every player who spoke after the game was the same: “this time of year, eight penalties, two turnovers, and a blocked punt is not going to get it done.”

Carson Wentz says Matt Judon attacked his “ability to reproduce”​

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 19, 2021, 8:05 AM EST

Colts quarterback Carson Wentz angrily confronted Patriots pass rusher Matt Judon during Saturday night’s game, for reasons that weren’t clear at the time. But Wentz said after the game that he had very good reasons to be upset.
Wentz said that Judon took a cheap shot at Wentz in the place where a man least wants to get a cheap shot.
Wentz's claim to suffering an attack of "a man's ability to reproduce" is rich

the only "lack to reproduce" Wentz has for sure is his ability to get back to a Super Bowl :p

You nailed it. Banff :) haven’t been in years but one of my fave places to go!
I want to second something that was written. Tyler is a great poster to have here. He has been here long enough to be considered part of the PP family.

You take the good and bad and still you stay.

Congratulations on a good team win from your team. I don't say these things lightly especially congratulating another member's team that isn't the Patriots..😊

I want to second something that was written. Tyler is a great poster to have here. He has been here long enough to be considered part of the PP family.

You take the good and bad and still you stay.

Congratulations on a good team win from your team. I don't say these things lightly especially congratulating another member's team that isn't the Patriots..😊
Awe you’re so awesome Muse!!!!! I appreciate it!!

Now as a token of gratitude , I am allowing you to come help me move in this new couch. Ugh. Wish me luck.

Awe you’re so awesome Muse!!!!! I appreciate it!!

Now as a token of gratitude , I am allowing you to come help me move in this new couch. Ugh. Wish me luck.
Not happening, but I can give instructions and advice?
😂

You nailed it. Banff :) haven’t been in years but one of my fave places to go!
For some reason I thought you were a Maritimes Province guy but Saskatchewan makes sense. Oilers fan right?

Like what was already said before a few times, all three phases were bad last night. They still had a chance at the end...which in itself is kinda bizarre.

I'm glad this wasn't the playoffs.

BB should make this loss the focus for the rest of the year as a reminder.

Like what was already said before a few times, all three phases were bad last night. They still had a chance at the end...which in itself is kinda bizarre.

I'm glad this wasn't the playoffs.

BB should make this loss the focus for the rest of the year as a reminder.
I suspect he will remind them.

It was a disgrace on many levels and it reminded me of the Saints. I don’t know why we’re coming off a Bye being pushed around by a dome team, but that happened.

The only light of the whole thing is they played like hot dogshit and were only down by 3 with 2:30 to go. Indy is really overrrated, IMO, and that sort of proves that.

If you had told me/showed me all the mistakes the Pats made and didn’t tell me the score, I’d guess they’d be down by at least 17 points at the end before the Taylor run.

I also thought they did a nice job on Taylor. The late run is misleading with how well they did overall minus the first drive.

Their WRs and TEs are horrible and so is Wentz. 2 dropped INTs and one a pick 6 by Collins.

NE could not have played worse on offense.

If I am Indy, I am concerned I barely won at home after so many gifts given.

On our end, I am a little concerned now
because this team is a little young to be thinking they can be that scattered with execution and energy off a Bye, and then just flip a switch again. We’ll see.

Sobering regression in all phases of the game last night. I can handle being punched in the mouth, but the penalties bothered me most of all as they killed drives that appeared likely to result in points and could have potentially shifted the momentum.

Hope this proves to be a "good" loss, in hindsight.

Sobering regression in all phases of the game last night. I can handle being punched in the mouth, but the penalties bothered me most of all as they killed drives that appeared likely to result in points and could have potentially shifted the momentum.

That officiating crew is known for being flag happy. They have no business being in the NFL.

Also, I counted 3 holds, not minor holds either, in the EZ on the drive that they ended up kicking the last FG.
Ref's calls or non calls are no excuses for losing. However if they are going to call PI on Myers, which it was, then call the flagrant holds.

I guess we can analyze all phases of the game. But what it really came down to is the OL played like crap for 3 quarters of the game.
Now maybe we should give the credit to the underrated Colts front 7, but most of it was crappy play by the OL.

I guess we can analyze all phases of the game. But what it really came down to is the OL played like crap for 3 quarters of the game.
Now maybe we should give the credit to the underrated Colts front 7, but most of it was crappy play by the OL.
The Colts are not that good. It was right there on everyone’s tv screen. If Mac isn’t terrible with the decisions on the INTs or the horrible penalties on 4th and goal or the horrible offsides on the long FG miss, etc…I mean, the amount of unforced errors which is so un-Pats-like, was stunning.

The Colts have some niece pieces like Leonard, Taylor and Buckner, but they really lack elsewhere. That’s why they’re essentially a .500 team their wins haven’t been all that impressive, save for the Buffalo one. This was their SB and they’ll probably lose the next 2 weeks.

If that situation was flipped and that was us blowing a 17 point lead, our team disappearing in the 2nd half, needing a punt block td and gift after gift after gift, I’d be concerned.

If we get them again in Foxborough, they’ll get waxed.

No sour grapes here. Indy won and did more to win, but that’s a .500 team getting 5 easy wins vs Houston and Jax in a horrible division.

Last edited:
Back