Week 4, 2020 - Patriots @Chiefs

I’d recommend people view my post in the Coronavirus thread.

Frontline Dr that’s treated 1700+ people, not titled non-practicing policy makers based on severely flawed models that will not break away from their train of thought.

It’s sad to hear P71 of your friends husband, but chances are he could’ve likely been saved if the left didn’t trash hydroxychloroquine because Trump touted it.

Yeah no,,,and I have heard enough bad things about hydro. I keep hearing about pre existing conditions, a ton of people have pre existing conditions, obese diabetic, older, etc etc. That does not mean who cares. Until there is a vaccine
this is a big deal and people are going to die. Seeing as how trump is in a hospital with covid, not sure I would take anything he says to heart.

Right. It shouldn't be political, but it is. Bringing Trump and "the left" into a thread that's about the Patriots and Chiefs game is not ideal. If we are going to have a forum dedicated to political topics, we must not have any of it bleed in here, especially in a thread ostensibly about football.

Thank you.

Sent from my US Robotics Courier Dual Standard using Tapatalk

Sorry I posted after you said that, just now saw it. I apologize, this just hits home pretty hard and seeing it ignored is pretty upsetting to me.

I still for some reason cant stop thinking about that fumble return and Harry TD catch from last year. If they were called correctly could've changed a whole lot last year. Past is past. I think they'll probably go with Hoyer. But what does this do to Newton's season?
:Lwelcome:

Hoyer was signed being told he would have an opportunity to vie for starter. If he is healthiest, he should get the start.

He was given a job, of course he was able to compete, but no promises or guarantees...

It’s being rumored Hoyer will start . Are only chance is defense & strong running game . We can’t compete if they start scoring fast .

I just posted in the other thread, but depending how things shake out, there is one scenario in which Cam doesn't miss any games.

I wish they'd just set aside one or two weeks after the regular season ends to play all the postponed games with a chance that players will be healthy. I don't want to play a Hoyer lead Patriots team. They could just move the playoffs back a few weeks. But who knows , as the season progresses it might just balloon.

The tests are 80% inaccurate, if not worse. So, is Newton actually sick? This season is close to being cooked. It's only going to get more stupid.

Get ready for the next lockdown. :coffee:

Also, HCQ is garbage.

From Reiss:

2. Four QBs a rarity: Veteran Brian Hoyer is now thrust into the spotlight, as Hoyer has been serving as the No. 2 quarterback for the first three weeks of the season. It also will elevate 2019 fourth-round pick Jarrett Stidham to the game-day roster for the first time this season, with practice-squad signal-caller Jake Dolegala moving up to the third layer of insurance. It's rare for the Patriots to have four quarterbacks in-house between their roster and practice squad, as there usually aren't enough reps to go around. But during the pandemic, regular routines are more likely to be broken. And as coach Bill Belichick said this season, he feels fortunate to have depth there.

3. Historic loss: The Patriots lose a lot without Newton, especially when it comes to the threat of quarterback as a key factor in the running attack. Consider Newton's 35 rushing attempts through three games have never been matched before in the Super Bowl era. The previous high had been 33, by Washington's Robert Griffin III (2012), Minnesota's Daunte Culpepper (2000) and Chicago's Bobby Douglass (1973).

4. Michel's health: Running back Sony Michel can't seem to catch a break. After recovering from offseason foot surgery and having a breakout game last Sunday against the Las Vegas Raiders that included the two longest runs of his career (48 and 38 yards), he was limited in practice all week because of his quad. Michel was scheduled to speak with reporters Thursday, but it never happened, which usually isn't a good sign.

5. White's return: Running back James White, who returned to the team Wednesday for the first time since Sept. 20 when his father, Tyrone, was killed in a car crash, is expected to be in uniform and filling his regular role as a vital part of the Patriots' offense. It will mark White's 80th regular-season game, and he enters with 24 touchdown receptions, putting him in prime position to pass Brian Westbrook's record for the running back to reach the 25-TD reception mark fastest (87 games). White's first media interview is expected to happen after the game.

6. Flags aren't flying: With no preseason games, one line of thinking was that early-season play would be sloppy. But the Patriots' offense has trended in the opposite direction. Coordinator Josh McDaniels' unit hasn't committed a single penalty, which marks the first time in Belichick's 21-year tenure the Patriots have gone three straight games without a flag. Overall, the Patriots are the league's least-penalized team to this point, with seven total penalties.

7. Best five on O-line: The Patriots' decision to move left guard Joe Thuney to center last week to fill David Andrews' void, while inserting rookie Mike Onwenu at left guard, was reflective of going with the best five offensive linemen instead of plugging one specific spot. There can sometimes be a reluctance for teams to take that route because of concerns about disrupting two spots up front. But it showed how high the Patriots are on Onwenu, the sixth-round pick from Michigan. Belichick raved about Onwenu last week, saying, "day after day, he's just impressive."

8. Troy Brown's highlights: Top draft pick Kyle Dugger, who is being eased into the mix as a punt and kickoff returner, said it has been fun to watch highlights of his coach -- Patriots Hall of Famer Troy Brown -- in film study. Dugger said Brown will fire up his old film and share with him what he could have done better on each return. Dugger flashed a wide smile in sharing a recent story of how Brown was hard on himself while critiquing his missteps ... on a play he scored a touchdown. Said Dugger: "I've learned Troy is very, very passionate about the game."

This is the best part of Reiss's article to me

9. Kraft's pride: Longtime NFL reporter Gary Myers, who authored the book "Brady vs. Manning," is launching a podcast on iHeartRadio this week called "The GOAT: Tom Brady." It includes interviews with Brady, Robert Kraft and Peyton Manning, among others, adding context to Brady's 20-year run with the franchise. On the podcast, Kraft says, "My job was to keep as much of the core together as I could for as long as I could. I think keeping Bill and Tom together for 20 years was something I'm very proud of." And of perceptions that Belichick didn't want Brady, Kraft says, "I think it probably goes two ways."

https://www.espn.com/blog/new-engla...e-patriots-following-cam-newton-positive-test

I don't know if this got mentioned elsewhere, but I just heard Butch Stearns say that, according to his unamed source connected to the Chiefs, one bit of info that was revealed last night was that there is still a chance that the Pats could end up playing Monday afternoon and that decision might be made tonight, meaning that we might have to fly to KC on game day, which is unprecedented as far as I know.

I realize that is a lot of speculation, but it would be a shit deal for the Pats should that be how it goes down.

Unrelated to that, it appears that we will get at least one game with Brian Hoyer at QB and I am dreading the results of that. Patriot Nation and the media seem to have determined that Stidham is a ham n'egger who can't play even though he has had almost zero actual game experience. I'm going to predict that should Hoyer show a lollipop arm and a total inability to move the offense, which will almost certainly be the case, that Bill will lift him and throw Stidham into the fire and then we'll see just how hard the kid sucks. Or doesn't.

I can't remember a game since BB took over where we have more shit going against us that we do right now. The best thing would be if they pushed the game to the end of the year and, perhaps, the Chiefs will have sprung a few leaks while we progress. Lots more questions than answers in NFL 2020, but at least it is an interesting train wreck to follow.

I think the end of the year idea looks like the way to go. Run the season out, add a week or two between the end of the scheduled season and the start of the playoffs for the make up games.

A week or two or maybe a month or two. Maybe even a Memorial Day Super Bowl assuming they can keep the wheels on the wagon long enough.

We already found out that preseason is completely superflous, so Rog won't mind shortening the offseason.

Yeah no,,,and I have heard enough bad things about hydro. I keep hearing about pre existing conditions, a ton of people have pre existing conditions, obese diabetic, older, etc etc. That does not mean who cares. Until there is a vaccine
this is a big deal and people are going to die. Seeing as how trump is in a hospital with covid, not sure I would take anything he says to heart.

Your comprehension is poor.

Nothing of this concerns Trump. It’s the frontline hands on caregiver treating over 1700 patients if you bothered to open your mind and read and watch it.

If BB thinks Stidham is QB of Future. He should be starting too see how he performs. Hoyer has proven in his starts he's inconsistent to bad. Chiefs will be playing 8 man in box to stop Run & passes to RBs.

Back