Week 5 2022 Lions at Patriots

I haven't gone through the thread but has there been any love for Stevenson? Not for the obvious yardage totals but being a complete 3 down back and killing it in pass protection? That was the only hole in his game last year and he's obviously worked very hard on it. Props to him and the coaches. I think it's a guarantee they lose Harris to FA after this year but they'll be perfectly fine with Stevenson as the premier RB.
That could well be because for nearly every one of his good power runs he also has one where he is indecisive and gets tackled for zero yards or a loss.

Let's also not forget that although they may have HAD the highest scoring offense in the league they also have the worst defense. Pretty sure Zappe benefitted from that as well.
The worst defense in the league that had lost 5 DBs by the end of the 3rd quarter.

I wouldn't be surprised if we moved him for a draft pick.

Bourne screwed up twice on a drive and did appear to be angry at Bill for correcting him on the sidelines. Bill
had to get his composure back because appeared pissed that Bourne talked back to him.

I've come to believe that Bourne is about half nuts and if he isn't gone then he's got to be dangling by a thread. It
appeared insubordinate and we don't play that shit.

View: https://twitter.com/DakRandallNESN/status/1579431724412719104

That could well be because for nearly every one of his good power runs he also has one where he is indecisive and gets tackled for zero yards or a loss.

I don't believe this I true or even close to to true.

Seeing it again it just looks like a pretty normal discussion during the middle of the game. I don't think Bourne was chirping back. Maybe at best trying to make his case, but nothing major. As soon as BB directed him to the bench he left head down. Nothing that would make me concerned about Bourne being rebellious or anything like that. Of course, the caveat is that I'm not a body language expert, so take it with a grain of salt.

I wouldn’t call that a serious argument… maybe a little emotional, but that’s football… I’m pretty sure Bill will take Kendrick to the principals office and show him a breakdown of what he did wrong and then do it again during a team netting using him as an example of what not to do…

No, it didn't look like that much, but Bill isn't the average Coach who would get into it with one of his players during a game. It might've happened a few times over the last 20 years, but far as I
can recall it is very rare. With Bill, anyway. He would probably have a lot more to say about the whole thing behind closed doors, but that is about as mad as you'll see him towards one of his players. He doesn't show anybody up and doesn't want anybody showing him up, either. The gesture towards the bench told me that Bourne is probably back in the dog house almost as soon
as he got out.

Bourne has had several penalties this year for mental midget stuff. Turning up-field too soon. Lining up wrong.....there is no excuse for that. I like the kid and think he can play, but I'm not sure if he doesn't have some toys in the attic.

He's not Antonio Brown nuts, so maybe it can get squared away, but maybe there is a lot more we don't know about. Nobody really knew why he wasn't being used earlier this season, so I'm sure
something must have happened that Bill didn't care for.

He has 6 tackles for a loss the entire year for a total of -14 yards. Yeah he's Barry Sanders reincarnate lol And 20 of 25 of carries this game were for positive yards. I'm not that great at math but I don't think that's nearly every other carry is 0 or negative yards. Against GB who has a good front, he had 1 carry for a small loss, and none for no gain on 14 carries. I dunno bub, something ain't adding up.

Last edited:
Early in one game this year he was dancing behind the line, but as soon as I posted about it on here he made a liar out of me

That is some magic power you have there. Use it wisely. May I suggest you put a few haterz on here on ignore lest you accidentally like something and as a result Bill does it. Please.

:coffee:

This isn't new. He had a big mouth back in in tc and rarely saw the field the first couple of regular season games.

He has 6 tackles for a loss the entire year for a total of -14 yards. Yeah he's Barry Sanders reincarnate lol And 20 of 25 of carries this game were for positive yards. I'm not that great at math but I don't think that's nearly every other carry is 0 or negative yards. Against GB who has a good front, he had 1 carry for a small loss, and none for no gain on 14 carries. I dunno bub, something ain't adding up.
Against GB he had 6 carries that went got 2 yards or less. Yes he gets some really good runs as I said But he does hesitate at times and it hurts his over all performance. I never said he was a bad RB I am saying he need to work on some things to improve .

No saying some one needs to lite a fire under someone is indicating that you feel they are not motivated.
Nothing motivates better than knowing the back up is breathing down your neck. It will force Mac to kick things into another gear which is a good thing.

Mac is what he is. Average. He’s not gonna turn things into a higher gear. He’s needs to play smart and conservative.
Despite the lions having their best players banged up or out, I had this as a loss for NE. So I was wrong. I’m not sure it changed things on the season other than hurting the team at being able to draft a legit difference maker at QB next year.

Mac is what he is. Average. He’s not gonna turn things into a higher gear. He’s needs to play smart and conservative.
Despite the lions having their best players banged up or out, I had this as a loss for NE. So I was wrong. I’m not sure it changed things on the season other than hurting the team at being able to draft a legit difference maker at QB next year.

Mac is a very good QB. Way better QB than you are a troll. You should up your game or maybe head over to the Raiders.

Come on UT! You really need to find some better trolls. These folks are on "repeat". And the repeat stuff is poor at best.

Back