We're on to the Donkeys

Can somebody please tell me why Baghdad Bob is still around?

Shut up fukktard.
Has to be working at being one. No one could be so obnoxious with trying very hard to be so. On the plus side, the more this guy posts, the more I find myself liking Yakkity.

I wonder if he wouldn't have received the flag if he didn't pump his guns? Stupid play for sure. Act like you've been there.

That was getting called either way. It's one thing if a DB finishes a tackle in that situation, but he picked him up and body-slammed him. All of Denver's DBs seem to play on the edge of what's legal and what's not... that's part of what makes them good.

Shut up fukktard.
I get the frustration but that isn't really needed.

Can somebody please tell me why Baghdad Bob is still around?

280sw0yu335.gif

Has to be working at being one. No one could be so obnoxious with trying very hard to be so. On the plus side, the more this guy posts, the more I find myself liking Yakkity.

The yacker is a G. Love that guy, seriously. In a relatively short time he's become on of my favorite all-time non-Pats fan posters here. Still gets a little crusty at times but definitely gets us and is a good fit in the fabric of our community.

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

I get the frustration but that isn't really needed.

280sw0yu335.gif

:sulk:

There is no college team on their best day that could beat any pro team on their worst day, and anyone who thinks otherwise is beyond help, so like it or not, we agree on stuff.
Why wouldn't we agree on stuff? I have no issues with opposing fans. In fact, my experience in Denver last January at the AFCCG was quite positive the score notwithstanding. The folks I sat near knew their football.

I don't like outright homerism or the inability to be objective about football. I love the game and enjoy discussing it. Almost as much as I enjoy calling out stupid takes by fans of all teams, New England included.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

That was getting called either way. It's one thing if a DB finishes a tackle in that situation, but he picked him up and body-slammed him. All of Denver's DBs seem to play on the edge of what's legal and what's not... that's part of what makes them good.

Yup. Generally I roll my eyes at the unnecessary roughness calls because I think the league is too ticky tack with that shit, but I got a good chuckle on replay of how incredibly selfish that play was.

I don't like outright homerism or the inability to be objective about football. I love the game and enjoy discussing it. Almost as much as I enjoy calling out stupid takes by fans of all teams, New England included.
I guess we have a lot in common then :toast:

After reading the game day thread on the Mane, you'd think the Broncos lost the game on their own. No credit to the Pats defense at all, it's either all luck or a bad penalty that doesn't go their way. They can't accept the fact that their offense is putrid and the Pats defense played a helluva game yesterday.

After reading the game day thread on the Mane, you'd think the Broncos lost the game on their own. No credit to the Pats defense at all, it's either all luck or a bad penalty that doesn't go their way. They can't accept the fact that their offense is putrid and the Pats defense played a helluva game yesterday.

It's been that way all season for them. It is their crappy team, never the opponent outplaying them but in fairness their team is pretty crappy offensively anyways ...

It's been that way all season for them. It is their crappy team, never the opponent outplaying them but in fairness their team is pretty crappy offensively anyways ...

it's just the usual BS with them, cheatriots, ( *), TFB married to a tranny, Pats fans frontrunners, you're gonna suck soon... did I miss anything?

ROFL

It's always the same thing with those dolts, "if only we had a mediocre offense we would be undefeated this year! :jerkit:

It's always the same thing with those dolts, "if only we had a mediocre offense we would be undefeated this year! :jerkit:

Elway RUINED their team. He saw last year how awful that offense was and tried to placate himself with the belief it was because ManninHGH was too old and HGH deprived to run it. After letting Osweiller walk who he benched in favor of geriatric ManninHGH, he thought Butt Fumble was the answer. That pretty much sealed Denver's fate as one of the worst offenses in the NFL. Of course he did nothing to improve the Oline either which was an issue last year. On top, Kubes offense is predicated on the run and he over spent on CJ who came to the team heavier than last year and promptly got hurt. I mean it is like Elway took a flier on this year altogether.

One other thing to note on Elway as compared to BB. Von Miller is earning $20 mil dollars, basically QB money. He was completely taken out of yesterday's game by Marcus Cannon. He had zero effect in helping Denver win and he is eating up a huge chunk of the cap. Now, I am not saying Miller is not one of the very best defensive players in the league, he is but NEVER under any circumstance would BB ever pay a defensive player that type of money precisely because they cannot effect the course of a game the way a QB can. This is why we shipped Jones out and replaced him with Flowers who has just one sack less than Jones right now.

I think folks really need to pump the brakes on Elway. He had a nice little run with ManninHGH and then a magical year last year thanks to his defense but his moves this past off-season have been head scratching to say the least and both KC and Oakland are primed to be on top of that division for years to come.

I think you could make the case that Elway is a pretty good personnel guy and can find talented guys or at least moreso than the average GM in this league.

I can't fault him from going for a title by bringing Manning in when he knew the clock was ticking on the guy and--- it worked out. They got a ring.

He has also been proven smart to not give Osweiler the big bucks and while Siemian doesn't appear to be a top QB prospect at this point, he did fairly well for a first-year starter and he was a much more cap-friendly alternative to the easy, safe move of keeping the guy the fans would have preferred.

Ask Houston if they'd make that move again. They had to bench a 72 Million dollar guy and his backup is going to get a chance to keep him there.

Anyhow, I hate John Elway, but I have respect for his ability to build a team. It ain't easy in this league.

Elway RUINED their team. He saw last year how awful that offense was and tried to placate himself with the belief it was because ManninHGH was too old and HGH deprived to run it. After letting Osweiller walk who he benched in favor of geriatric ManninHGH, he thought Butt Fumble was the answer. That pretty much sealed Denver's fate as one of the worst offenses in the NFL. Of course he did nothing to improve the Oline either which was an issue last year. On top, Kubes offense is predicated on the run and he over spent on CJ who came to the team heavier than last year and promptly got hurt. I mean it is like Elway took a flier on this year altogether.

One other thing to note on Elway as compared to BB. Von Miller is earning $20 mil dollars, basically QB money. He was completely taken out of yesterday's game by Marcus Cannon. He had zero effect in helping Denver win and he is eating up a huge chunk of the cap. Now, I am not saying Miller is not one of the very best defensive players in the league, he is but NEVER under any circumstance would BB ever pay a defensive player that type of money precisely because they cannot effect the course of a game the way a QB can. This is why we shipped Jones out and replaced him with Flowers who has just one sack less than Jones right now.

I think folks really need to pump the brakes on Elway. He had a nice little run with ManninHGH and then a magical year last year thanks to his defense but his moves this past off-season have been head scratching to say the least and both KC and Oakland are primed to be on top of that division for years to come.

Elway did his job. Went to 1 SB, Won another. It took him 4 years to do exactly what Bill Polian did in 14 with the Colts. And Polian had the benefit of some high draft picks too.

Also, the Cap is going up next year, and letting Osweiler walk and go with Rookie Contract guys is going to cancel out what Von Miller's making.

He did his job. If they miss the playoffs the next two or three years, he'll walk, and take Kubiak with him. And Broncos fans will be totally fine with it, because they're Broncos fans.

Elway did his job. Went to 1 SB, Won another. It took him 4 years to do exactly what Bill Polian did in 14 with the Colts. And Polian had the benefit of some high draft picks too.

Also, the Cap is going up next year, and letting Osweiler walk and go with Rookie Contract guys is going to cancel out what Von Miller's making.

He did his job. If they miss the playoffs the next two or three years, he'll walk, and take Kubiak with him. And Broncos fans will be totally fine with it, because they're Broncos fans.

You think Elway will leave the Broncos?

You think Elway will leave the Broncos?

Sure, he's not going to do that job forever. It's not like he needs the money. Also, I don't see him wallowing through a decade of mediocrity. If he doesn't hit big in the draft the next couple of years, I'm sure he'll leave. That offensive line is in shambles.

Sure, he's not going to do that job forever. It's not like he needs the money. Also, I don't see him wallowing through a decade of mediocrity. If he doesn't hit big in the draft the next couple of years, I'm sure he'll leave. That offensive line is in shambles.

True. But he does have a god-like ego and the fans there treat him like god while everyone else outside of Denver thinks he's scum.

True. But he does have a god-like ego and the fans there treat him like god while everyone else outside of Denver thinks he's scum.

They'll treat him like a god when he quits too. And still buy cars from his dealerships.

Also, I don't think he's scum, I think he was a damned fine QB who did a lot with very little for most of his career. He was no more of a jackass than any other top QB of his day (Marino, Favre, etc).

I'll throw in here that it took BB a lot longer than we thought it would to win another SB and BB had Brady at QB. If I hold BB in high esteem, and I do, I can't turn around and say Elway is crap. Yeah, Elway did his job for that franchise pretty damn well.

Back