We're On To The Jets Again - 2016

Look, let's cut the BS. They should just start BB at Quarterback for this game. We'll still win.

I don't expect it's what is going to happen, but I'd like to see the Pats play very aggressively in the two games we have left and go into the bye week without anything even approaching the disgusting tank job that was the finale in Miami last year.

Sit Brady? No. He already sat four games and we've got an offense that needs to develop without Gronk.

More likely we will go into each with half of a vanilla game plan and hope that we get enough of a lead to milk the clock and bore the other guys into submission.

I believe this is a fundamental of BB's method and he feels like the team can turn it on in a month when we need a playoff win. Yes, I know we beat KC last year in the first playoff game and looked sharp doing it, but I still think there is a real risk of getting sloppy doing it Bill's way and I hope he has rethought things since that poor performance in the AFCCG last year.

If one of these last two games is a complete, wire-to-wire excellent performance then I will be very surprised.

I don't expect it's what is going to happen, but I'd like to see the Pats play very aggressively in the two games we have left and go into the bye week without anything even approaching the disgusting tank job that was the finale in Miami last year.

Sit Brady? No. He already sat four games and we've got an offense that needs to develop without Gronk.

More likely we will go into each with half of a vanilla game plan and hope that we get enough of a lead to milk the clock and bore the other guys into submission.

I believe this is a fundamental of BB's method and he feels like the team can turn it on in a month when we need a playoff win. Yes, I know we beat KC last year in the first playoff game and looked sharp doing it, but I still think there is a real risk of getting sloppy doing it Bill's way and I hope he has rethought things since that poor performance in the AFCCG last year.

If one of these last two games is a complete, wire-to-wire excellent performance then I will be very surprised.

Hear hear!
As I heard somewhere, football players play football.

Brady reiterated finishing strong in an interview yesterday.

I think reflection on last years weak finish and the subsequent path it led to has their collective minds more focused on all the factors in play and their ramifications.

We beat Denver by 10 in Foxboro last year. No doubt. I just remember looking out the windows that day and telling my wife "Figures Peyton is at home and it's in the 50s."

I think last year was a special case. Going into those last 2 weeks, the Pats were as beaten up a team as I can recall. It was a calculated gamble, but the Pats were already far into their roster depth.

In past years, he's played it straight right to the end when there's been anything at stake. The only other times he rested starters is when the outcome made no difference to their seeding.

If they are still fighting for the #1 seed, he goes all out this year.

No worries, Saturday will be a day off for them.

:rimshot:

Good one, but your guys are at a point now where they are looking for a "feel good" game to feel like it was all a mistake and still remain a dangerous opponent.

Ahhhh, who am I kidding? Merry Christmas!

What is the story with Petty? Did the fins break him? Any chance of seeing Hackenburg? The only reason I ask is that I absolutely hated him in the draft last year and couldn't believe the Jets took him at 51 (84 slots higher than Dak Prescott). I've heard rumblings that he doesn't look like much so far and I'd just like so see that on the field.

Thanks in advance.

How we finish off these last 2 games will lay the ground work for our post-season run. Take no prisoners, keep the foot on the gas and blow these teams out!

I think last year was a special case. Going into those last 2 weeks, the Pats were as beaten up a team as I can recall. It was a calculated gamble, but the Pats were already far into their roster depth.

In past years, he's played it straight right to the end when there's been anything at stake. The only other times he rested starters is when the outcome made no difference to their seeding.

If they are still fighting for the #1 seed, he goes all out this year.

Last year they blew that Jets game by deferring the kick in OT. I was watching that game with Mikiemo and we looked at each other like WTF. People want to point to the tank game in Miami. I was at that game and it was a tough game to watch given the stakes. It was the Jet game the week before where they could have taken care of business

Granted, they were beat up, but winning that Jet game would have solidified HFA. I just can't see not giving Brady the 1st crack in OT

This year, they're healthy and they should play out the rest of the games a maximum effort. I want this team at 14-2 and HFA going away, no watching and hoping for results. I still maintain the Patriots would have destroyed Denver at Gillette in the AFCCG had they taken care of their own business.

Hopefully they have learned from that mistake, and I'm confident that they have going forward. This team is focused. This team is special. It's their year and these next 2 weeks are critical. I'm still pissed about that Jet game last year.

This is what Brady said on Weei interview on Monday:

"To go 8-0 when we need to beat Miami in a couple weeks, and we have to take care of business against the Jets [at home first], that's on our radar," Brady said on WEEI. "I know we got on the plane last night, and knowing how we finished last year, with two losses to the Jets and Miami, nobody wants to take their foot off the gas pedal. We want to go hard, and we want to win."

Says it all right there how these last 2 games will go this year.

How we finish off these last 2 games will lay the ground work for our post-season run. Take no prisoners, keep the foot on the gas and blow these teams out!

This^^^

Ideally, I want to see this defense continue to get tougher and nastier. I want beatdowns in the playoffs.

---------- Post added at 11:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

This is what Brady said on Weei interview on Monday:

"To go 8-0 when we need to beat Miami in a couple weeks, and we have to take care of business against the Jets [at home first], that's on our radar," Brady said on WEEI. "I know we got on the plane last night, and knowing how we finished last year, with two losses to the Jets and Miami, nobody wants to take their foot off the gas pedal. We want to go hard, and we want to win."

Says it all right there how these last 2 games will go this year.

these need to be treated like playoff games

Jets mailed it in at home last week against Miami

I hope they do the same this XMAS weekend. I'm hoping the Patriots jump all over them early and send them that same message

Last year they blew that Jets game by deferring the kick in OT. I was watching that game with Mikiemo and we looked at each other like WTF. People want to point to the tank game in Miami. I was at that game and it was a tough game to watch given the stakes. It was the Jet game the week before where they could have taken care of business

Granted, they were beat up, but winning that Jet game would have solidified HFA. I just can't see not giving Brady the 1st crack in OT

This year, they're healthy and they should play out the rest of the games at maximum effort. I want this team at 14-2 and HFA going away, no watching and hoping for results. I still maintain the Patriots would have destroyed Denver at Gillette in the AFCCG had they taken care of their own business.

Hopefully they have learned from that mistake, and I'm confident that they have going forward. This team is focused. This team is special. It's their year and these next 2 weeks are critical. I'm still pissed about that Jet game last year.

Absolutely agree. Otoh, if we're up big I wouldn't mind seeing Brady on the bench and JimmyG finish the game off.

The Jets hate the Pats, the Pats hate the Jets but sometimes we treat them as if we just expect to win. I really hope they come out from the get go and leave no doubt and BURY THEIR COLLECTIVE FEET RIGHT UP THE JETS COLLECTIVE ASSES!

aside from that i just hope for a good game with no injuries

Back