We're On To The Ratbirds

Is 'savvy' a synonym for 'sucks'? Because that's totally accurate. Even when he was on the program, he sucked. :coffee:

I would borrow a phrase from you and say is another JAG. He has absolutely gotten to where he is in spite of his deficiencies. Bill has been with him a good long time and that says something to me. And a lot of his better moments speak to his mind more than to his skills. :shrug: That aside, those two sacks strike a similar chord, imo.

Q Can he rush the passer? A Maybe, if you give him four or five seconds.
Often enough to be 5th all-time in sacks behind Tippet, Willie, Slade and Vrabes.

Cheers

Normally I'd agree, but I can see why BB would be risk-averse now RE: Edelman since WR depth is a big issue right now.

But when the group is/was healthy, there's no reason not to put your best players on the field in the roles they excel at. Many teams would kill for Edelman to be out there fielding their punts.

I think what you do with him returning punts at this point is what Joe Gibbs used to do with Darrell Green. Saved him for big spots, almost always worked.

I think what you do with him returning punts at this point is what Joe Gibbs used to do with Darrell Green. Saved him for big spots, almost always worked.

I mean, if you're giving him the Green or the Deion treatment, that's fine - except no one on your team can either catch and/or stay away from a punt.

I mean, if you're giving him the Green or the Deion treatment, that's fine - except no one on your team can either catch and/or stay away from a punt.

It's beyond me that they can't put somebody back there to do this efficiently. I won't even say effectively at this point, efficient is all that's needed. Shit, they'd be better off rushing 11 on every punt and just letting the fukken ball roll when it lands.

...now that I think about it, that might actually work. Bring the house on every punt and you're bound to get some shanks and some blocks. Of course, you're also looking at starting a few drives near your own goal line, but if both sides of the ball continue playing they way they currently are I could live with that.

just keep Pele away from the return game until next year and he has an offseason to work it out... I suggest he find a nice hot chick and get distracted after some game he will be playing in this coming February.

It's beyond me that they can't put somebody back there to do this efficiently. I won't even say effectively at this point, efficient is all that's needed. Shit, they'd be better off rushing 11 on every punt and just letting the fukken ball roll when it lands.

...now that I think about it, that might actually work. Bring the house on every punt and you're bound to get some shanks and some blocks. Of course, you're also looking at starting a few drives near your own goal line, but if both sides of the ball continue playing they way they currently are I could live with that.

I was saying this in the game thread. May as well just rush 11. So you give up a 60 yard punt once in a while. At least it's not a turnover.

I was saying this in the game thread. May as well just rush 11. So you give up a 60 yard punt once in a while. At least it's not a turnover.

It's not like the offense can't move the ball...

...oh, wait...with Gronk out teh offense is teh suckzez!

It's not like the offense can't move the ball...

...oh, wait...with Gronk out teh offense is teh suckzez!

I've said this several times now. The offense looks better (and has looked better with both Brady and Garoppolo) without Gronk. It's like 2010 after Moss got cut.

As an aside, a source close to the Patriots has told me that they have film for Jones to work that will clarify how to act while the punt is in the air. The team is confident that a simple adjustment should take care of it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7FPELc1wEvk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers, BostonTim

I've said this several times now. The offense looks better (and has looked better with both Brady and Garoppolo) without Gronk. It's like 2010 after Moss got cut.

Tom Brady when targeting Hogan, Mitchell, and Bennett Monday night: 13/16, 240 yards, 3 TDs, INT, 132.3 passer rating

Now Brady won't have to rely on Edelman so much. popcorn

Julian Edelman since Week 10: 64 targets (most in NFL) 38 receptions (T-most in NFL) 433 receiving yards (T-3rd most in NFL)

Tom Brady when targeting Hogan, Mitchell, and Bennett Monday night: 13/16, 240 yards, 3 TDs, INT, 132.3 passer rating

Now Brady won't have to rely on Edelman so much. popcorn

Julian Edelman since Week 10: 64 targets (most in NFL) 38 receptions (T-most in NFL) 433 receiving yards (T-3rd most in NFL)

And Edelman dropped/quit running on about 73 passes on Monday.

I've seen countless games that the clock goes against the Pats favor...so, saying that only the Pats cheat is just moronic. Plus, isn't the clock keeper a league thing?

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

I have NFL sunday ticket so i watch alot of football. i see alot of the QB's around the league do this when they are late getting out of the huddle due to the ball being spotted late while the clock is running.

Exactly...

I have NFL sunday ticket so i watch alot of football. i see alot of the QB's around the league do this when they are late getting out of the huddle due to the ball being spotted late while the clock is running.

Oh I don't doubt it for a second but for something so obvious to be called cheating because of their hatred for all things Patriots is just hilarious.

Like Ron White said, you can't fix stupid.

Like Ron White said, you can't fix stupid.

63383675.jpg

Is that the team that lost to the Jets in the playoffs?

Back