What was the last show you binged, and was it worth the time?

3 times?!?!?

I found it laborious to get through once.

Ok.

But I’d NEVER sit through it 3 times since it’s release.

I saw it in the theater a few weeks ago and then rewatched it on Netflix. Although I like it, it has its flaws and I'm not sure if I'd put it in Scorsese's top 10 - but he has a really strong top 10.

I didn't find it laborious, though. Just rewatching the various techniques Scorsese uses and thinking when I've seen them in other films is interesting to me.

3:39 and 2:00 is the hunt of Hoffa. I don’t know. I wouldn’t call it bad. But it doesn’t grab you as much as I’d have liked.

I get it. You go out of your way to put a historical cast together. The cutting room has to be the biggest challenge. Those stars are gonna take offense if you clip their film.

3:39 and 2:00 is the hunt of Hoffa. I don’t know. I wouldn’t call it bad. But it doesn’t grab you as much as I’d have liked.

I get it. You go out of your way to put a historical cast together. The cutting room has to be the biggest challenge. Those stars are gonna take offense if you clip their film.

It's 3:29, but the movie is Frank Sheeran's story, not Hoffa's. I haven't read the book, but if anything, I think the movie removed extra Sheeran stuff to center it more on Hoffa. A lot of what Sheeran said might have been bullshit, but I thought the movie did a good job of relating his tales of his hit man life, and the point was that he was kind of a dull guy and that as an elderly man looking back, his life didn't add up to much.

I think there probably are deleted scenes and especially since it's made for Netflix, I'd have chosen to make it longer and included more scenes that give the women some lines and show some family/sex life.

I don't mean that as a politically correct thing that there needs to be female parts in every movie, but the main characters would be more complete if you saw that side of their life. If the Sopranos only showed Tony's mob related stuff, or Goodfellas didn't include Lorraine Bracco, they wouldn't have been as good.

But, probably digitally deaged 75 year old Deniro getting it on as a 30 year old would have looked a lot weirder than the deaging already does.

I saw it in the theater a few weeks ago and then rewatched it on Netflix. Although I like it, it has its flaws and I'm not sure if I'd put it in Scorsese's top 10 - but he has a really strong top 10.

I didn't find it laborious, though. Just rewatching the various techniques Scorsese uses and thinking when I've seen them in other films is interesting to me.

It was ok...but, not even close to the best mob movie eva. I wouldn't say that it's horrible, but, it's better than Godfather III (ok, but, nothing like I or II).

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

I would never watch it more than one time.

Castle Rock on Hulu.

Season 1 was fantastic. Almost through season 2 and it's every bit as as good so far.

I just watched the first episode of The Mandalorian last night. Great start.

The Mandalorian is excellent. Straight space western and the finest thing out of the Star Wars galaxy yet. Better than the movies, imo. If this thing wasn't released weekly I would have binged it until dawn.

Another one I ran across that I really enjoyed was the Sci-Fi channel series "The Magicians" on Netflix. It isn't perfect and the time travel stuff can be really confusing to keep straight, but it's sort of a Harry Potter goes to College story and features a fine ensemble cast, a lot of hip, snappy dialogue and comical/absurd situations. It's got hot chicks, drugs and is basically a LOTR-style quest where a bunch of friends try to figure out a way to save the universe from evil. Not bad for fans of the genre.

Just finished the newest season of "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" with my wife. It was smart and funny. I enjoyed it.

Currently started the first season of Vikings. If I didn't have to work the next morning I would have watched all 9 episodes. I got about 3 hours of sleep.

The new season of "The Expanse" just dropped. It's on my list.

I think I watch too much TV.

Been watching the old Grizzly Adams TV show recently. Superb. Even though it holds some false premises it clearly is a fine example of the rationality needed to deal with nature as a man.

True rugged individualism and a respect for reality is on full display.

Had the frontiersmen believed that reality was malleable none would have made it past 5 years old.

Existence exists. Reality is solid and immutable.

Can you imagine those that believe reality is whatever we think it is ever surviving in such circumstances.

On top of that, Dan Haggerty's performance as Adams is truly wonderful. Such a kind, benevolent man with the kindest eyes and the utmost respect for the natural world.

This benevolence is only possible to an honest man that respects reality.

https://tvguide1.cbsistatic.com/i/r...ec584997580ff31e/160115-news-dan-haggerty.jpg

I binged both seasons of Jack Ryan while I was home sick. I don't really know what to make of that show. I felt like it was about where Jim Halpert went after Dunder Mifflin. It was basically the same character only he kills people. The acting was pretty bad but something about it made me keep watching.

Been watching the old Grizzly Adams TV show recently. Superb. Even though it holds some false premises it clearly is a fine example of the rationality needed to deal with nature as a man.

True rugged individualism and a respect for reality is on full display.

Had the frontiersman believed that reality was malleable none would have made it past 5 years old.

Existence exists. Reality is solid and immutable.

Can you imagine those that believe reality is whatever we think it is ever surviving in such circumstances.

On top of that, Dan Haggerty's performance as Adams is truly wonderful. Such a kind, benevolent man with the kindest eyes and the utmost respect for the natural world.

This benevolence is only possible to an honest man that respects reality.

https://tvguide1.cbsistatic.com/i/r...ec584997580ff31e/160115-news-dan-haggerty.jpg

This and Bill Bixby’s Hulk were my favorite shows as a kid.

This and Bill Bixby’s Hulk were my favorite shows as a kid.

Hulk was played by Lou Ferrigno. Anybody remember "Pumping Iron" where we first met Arnold. His arrogant self was a colossal bully, to Lou Ferrigno's quiet timid self. Arnold virtually bullied his way to his Mr. Olympia crown, or so it seemed to me.

Cheers

Hulk was played by Lou Ferrigno. Anybody remember "Pumping Iron" where we first met Arnold. His arrogant self was a colossal bully, to Lou Ferrigno's quiet timid self. Arnold virtually bullied his way to his Mr. Olympia crown, or so it seemed to me.

Cheers

I know.

True story. In elementary school a good friend found out I loved the show. She says when he’s green that’s my uncle. I was like ya right. Next day she comes in with family pics.

Yuge!

Cheers

When I was a kid, I used to have to walk to basketball practice at night. There were 3 or 4 of us that would go. Mike Katz lived in a house on the way and if he was in his garage working out, he would let us sit and watch him. He would talk to us about being healthy and exercising. Great guy. He was huge.

Back