What was the last show you binged, and was it worth the time?

Been out of this for a while. Meaning to update.

Watched all of Narcos & Narcos -Mexico. Very well done.

All of Schitts Creek. Meh.

Banging out Arrested Development now.

Took six hours on Sunday and binged Chernobyl, start to finish. Fantastic. Might do it again soon.

A lot of scenes were things I saw in this websight years ago.

http://www.kiddofspeed.com/

Also worth checking out.

Ditto on Chernobyl, it was great and terrifying all at the same time.

The IT Crowd

I know it's old but I never watched it until recently(Netflix). British over the top stupid comedy, and I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard.

I can't remember if I've seen a reference to this on here or not, but Kavanagh, QC is a very strong British Barrister offering. Staring John Thaw (Inspector Morse) in the Title role. Excellent and tight scripts and Thaw's outstanding acting has me back in the middle of this 4 season gem for the third time. One of my yearly-ish types.

Cheers

I'm currently bingeing on Marvel's Agents of SHIELD on Netflix.

I've been patiently indoctrinating my wife into the Marvel Comics Universe over the last few months so we could see Avengers: Endgame and know what was going on.

To my shock and surprise she really enjoys the whole thing (her normal fare is Hallmark or Sandy Bullock movies) and I wasn't expecting much from AOS but have been surprised at the overall quality of it so far (just finishing Season 1). Agent Coulson is a far more interesting character than I gave him credit for and the series has a lot of the same production value and clever dialogue as the big-screen Marvel stuff.

As a bonus, there are two total-package babes on the team in Agents Simmons and Skye for me to try and decide which is hotter. Right now, Simmons (amazing english accent) has a slight edge, but it's too close to call. I go back and forth.

So far, this series gets the H73 seal of approval and help to bridge the gap until the new Spiderman flick hits the theaters.

The MCU thing takes some dedication to follow but is completely worth it.

Chernobyl (HBO) - very well done and enlightening.

In the middle of this one, two thumbs up.

Just finished "Good Omens" which I enjoyed but I don't know if you can follow it if you haven't read the book.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

I've been patiently indoctrinating my wife into the Marvel Comics Universe over the last few months so we could see Avengers: Endgame and know what was going on.

To my shock and surprise she really enjoys the whole thing (her normal fare is Hallmark or Sandy Bullock movies) and I wasn't expecting much from AOS but have been surprised at the overall quality of it so far (just finishing Season 1). Agent Coulson is a far more interesting character than I gave him credit for and the series has a lot of the same production value and clever dialogue as the big-screen Marvel stuff.

As a bonus, there are two total-package babes on the team in Agents Simmons and Skye for me to try and decide which is hotter. Right now, Simmons (amazing english accent) has a slight edge, but it's too close to call. I go back and forth.

So far, this series gets the H73 seal of approval and help to bridge the gap until the new Spiderman flick hits the theaters.

Have you watched Jessica Jones? I thought that was worth the time, a little less networky than Agents

Have you watched Jessica Jones? I thought that was worth the time, a little less networky than Agents

Not yet. One binge at a time, but that one is on my radar screen when I'm done with AOS.

It amazes me that whoever the brain trust is behind Marvel, they don't seem interested in putting out shitty product (despite Thor: The Dark World), so I wouldn't be surprised if Jessica Jones is really good. Thanks.

A Joss Whedon hallmark.

If you like that type of dialog, try Firefly. It's on Hulu.

Decent series, Coulson is really what makes it go imo. I thought the first season was kind of meh, but gets better. If you want to watch the series and the movies chronologically, this is a pretty good map of the timeline:

https://www.cnet.com/features/marvel-cinematic-universe-timeline-mcu-watch-order-avengers-endgame/

Some tie-ins are more noticeable than others, some you'll miss if you blink at the wrong time.

Not yet. One binge at a time, but that one is on my radar screen when I'm done with AOS.

It amazes me that whoever the brain trust is behind Marvel, they don't seem interested in putting out shitty product (despite Thor: The Dark World), so I wouldn't be surprised if Jessica Jones is really good. Thanks.
On Netflix Jessica Jones, The Punisher, and especially Daredevil are all good and worth a watch. The Defenders, Iron Fist and Luke Cage not so much. Other Marvel shows that kind of suck:

Runaways
Cloak and Dagger
The Gifted
Inhumans

Wow I watch too much TV.

The IT Crowd

I know it's old but I never watched it until recently(Netflix). British over the top stupid comedy, and I can't remember the last time I laughed so hard.

Just checked out the first episode and very funny! thanks for the tip.

Just checked out the first episode and very funny! thanks for the tip.

:toast:

It gets better! The first episode of season 2 made my sides hurt from laughing so hard. It might be the single best episode of any comedy ever made, at the very least top 5. I'm not even worried about getting your hopes too high :)

Been working my way through "forged in fire, knife or death", which is unexpectedly awesome. It's a chopping competition with a lot of self made blades, which can be anything from a Bowie knife to a kukri to a katana to a bastard sword, you name it.

If you like swords or knives or forging and blacksmithing or ninja warrior style timed athletic competitions, heck yes it's worth a watch. It kinda hits on multiple levels for me so I've enjoyed the first season (all I've seen so far) immensely.

Been working my way through "forged in fire, knife or death", which is unexpectedly awesome. It's a chopping competition with a lot of self made blades, which can be anything from a Bowie knife to a kukri to a katana to a bastard sword, you name it.

If you like swords or knives or forging and blacksmithing or ninja warrior style timed athletic competitions, heck yes it's worth a watch. It kinda hits on multiple levels for me so I've enjoyed the first season (all I've seen so far) immensely.

I liked the original show better...and it's still on.

----

It's only a one time show, but, the Bill Murray thing where he shows up totally out of the blue and crashes parties, memory bombs people and whatnot on Netflix was worth watching. He's working on his legacy thing. He's one of my all time favs...

Finishing up on Black Lightning. Then on to;

Gotham (last year and this year)
Arrow - this year
Flash - this year
Legends - this year
Daredevil - last season
Jessica Jones - this year
Punisher - last season
and a few more, here and there.....

Back