Votes: 6 15.0%
  • Russell Wilson - 2 SB appearances & 1 Ring

Votes: 16 40.0%
  • Andrew Luck - Highest Contract & Best College QB

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Other - Please specify

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters
Pats have had a winning record for 15 years in a row, every year in this millennium. If the Colts have a winning record next year, that will make one in a row. First they have to win 9 games, of course. Can't wait to see the "ONE WINNING SEASON IN A ROW banner.
LOL. Irsay will hang it for sure.

lol you just dont get history at all. all the Pats have is this one concentrated period of post season success. The Colts have had constant playoff success throughout their entire history.
The Pats will go back to nothing in the next year and two while the Colts cycle up for a 4th or 5th time.

From 1972 to 2002 (31 years), the Colts won exactly 0 playoff games.

Please reconcile that gap with your "constant playoff success" narrative.

lol at cherry picking last year/one year to make a pointless point

12 vs 15 seasons since 2000 isnt some major advantage.
I wasn't making a point. You keep yammering about how the Colts are better and have always been better and keep referring to history. The four out of the last six seasons was your cherry picking not mine. I merely pointed out that while four of of six is great, it isn't as good as the Pats over the same period, which was six out of six.

lol you just dont get history at all. all the Pats have is this one concentrated period of post season success. The Colts have had constant playoff success throughout their entire history.
????

When you bring up the past greatness of the Colts throughout history, I assumed that you were serious, which is why I pointed out that the Colts have had much less playoff success over their history than they Pats.

Since their inceptions, the Pats have won more games and more playoff games than the Colts. They have had more success over the entire existence than the Colts, and they have had more success in recent history, whether it be six year, 15 years, 20 years or 30 years.

The numbers simply don't lie.

????

When you bring up the past greatness of the Colts throughout history, I assumed that you were serious, which is why I pointed out that the Colts have had much less playoff success over their history than they Pats.

Since their inceptions, the Pats have won more games and more playoff games than the Colts. They have had more success over the entire existence than the Colts, and they have had more success in recent history, whether it be six year, 15 years, 20 years or 30 years.

The numbers simply don't lie.

It is amazing to me how many football fans have no idea of the Pats history. So many think the Pats were the Saints or Cardinals prior to Bill/Brady and that all of us are bandwagon fans. The Pats are one of the few, maybe the only team, that has played in the post-season every single decade of their existence and played for a chance at the championship in every decade except the 70s which would have happened if not for the bogus roughing the passer call vs the Raiders. And now this 15 year period, the best in NFL history. They have a legit argument as being one of the top 3 franchises in NFL history with only the Packers and Steelers ahead of them and even then a case could be made to put the Pats over them.

I think this is a lost cause. I thought he/she was serious about the relative history of playoff success of the two teams and was simply uninformed. Too late I realize I have been feeding another adolescent troll desperate for attention. My bad.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

It is amazing to me how many football fans have no idea of the Pats history. So many think the Pats were the Saints or Cardinals prior to Bill/Brady and that all of us are bandwagon fans. The Pats are one of the few, maybe the only team, that has played in the post-season every single decade of their existence and played for a chance at the championship in every decade except the 70s which would have happened if not for the bogus roughing the passer call vs the Raiders. And now this 15 year period, the best in NFL history. They have a legit argument as being one of the top 3 franchises in NFL history with only the Packers and Steelers ahead of them and even then a case could be made to put the Pats over them.
I think some fans know it but are either in denial or simply choose to ignore it.

Well, I'm guessing he meant to say, other than that 3 decade gap.

:)

As my good friend Anderson would say:

"Game, Set, Match"

Or if you're more the cerebral type:

Checkmate.

Cheers, BostonTim

They didn't win a playoff game in that span but they kept going to the playoffs while the Pats didn't go at all.
Constantly being in first place and going to playoffs is success.
The Pats have only had this concentrated 15 year period and that's it. During that time the Colts were still going to playoffs as well.
When the Pats are done soon. The Colts will continue to dominate.
Like I said, look at the pattern of teams constantly having success when they build new stadiums,get new owners or move.
The only reason the Pats are doing well is because the league is rewarding Kraft for his business dealings.

Brady is an Irish name, Boston is a Irish heritage town.
It's all made for tv.it has nothing to do with the Pats being good.

It's going to take you a while to understand anything. All your thinking now is you think I'm making fun of your favorite team.
It's pure fantasy to think a team could be successful with the same QB for 15 years. It's pure fantasy to think 2 QB brothers can make it to 6 SBS combined and win 4.

They didn't win a playoff game in that span but they kept going to the playoffs while the Pats didn't go at all. Constantly being in first place and going to playoffs is success. The Pats have only had this concentrated 15 year period and that's it. During that time the Colts were still going to playoffs as well. When the Pats are done soon. The Colts will continue to dominate. Like I said, look at the pattern of teams constantly having success when they build new stadiums,get new owners or move. The only reason the Pats are doing well is because the league is rewarding Kraft for his business dealings. Brady is an Irish name, Boston is a Irish heritage town. It's all made for tv.it has nothing to do with the Pats being good. It's going to take you a while to understand anything. All your thinking now is you think I'm making fun of your favorite team. It's pure fantasy to think a team could be successful with the same QB for 15 years. It's pure fantasy to think 2 QB brothers can make it to 6 SBS combined and win 4.
What the FVCK are you talking about?
SB appearance in 1985.
SB appearance in '96.

Go FVCK yourself.

Ban this assclown, please. Enough is enough.

They didn't win a playoff game in that span but they kept going to the playoffs while the Pats didn't go at all.
Are you really this ignorant or are you just saying stupid things you know aren't true to be a jerk?

In those three decades starting in 1972,
the Colts went to 10 playoff games
The Pats went to 18

The Pats won 9 playoff games in that span, went to 3 superbowls, and won 1.

To be fair, they won 2 playoff games in '95.

However, they had a stretch between '78 and '94 when they didn't make the playoffs and that included a stretch of 9 consecutive losing seasons.

During the 15 year Unitas era, they went to the playoffs 6 times, meaning they missed the playoffs 9 times. Morrall started all the games for one of those playoff years.

Stats can be a bitch.

Constantly being in first place and going to playoffs is success.

Yes, it is success, but it's not post-season success, which is the position you staked out for yourself.

You claimed two things in your posts in this thread:

1. The Colts have had constant post-season success,
2. You know NFL history better than the Pats fans on this board.

Let me first acknowledge that Bideau is correct, I missed the two post-season wins after the 1995 season. However, that scarcely mitigates the disaster that those three decades represent.

Since you don't even know the history of your own team (or you wouldn't have made the easily dismissed Claim #1), your claims about Pats fans expertise can be dispensed with as effortlessly as the Colts were ushered out of the playoffs after the 1999, 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, and 2013 seasons.

That's a lot of one and dones.

The Rams are now going to own the NFC west after this year like they did in the 70s, Russell will be 2nd place for a while. - Good heavens, this is just DUMB.
It's like he forgets (or has blocked out of his mind) that his team's HC is Captain Subpar. ROFL

The Rams have a good defense, good RBs, average receivers/TEs, below average coach, terrible OL and Case Keenum/Nick Foles at QB. ROFL.

The Rams will own nothing this year or next. Anyone who says they will is either an idiot or a homer.

To be fair, they won 2 playoff games in '95.
I'd argue we actually won 3 that year, but the powers that be decided it would be more interesting to watch Dallas sexually assault Pittsburgh instead of Indianapolis.

Considering how badly we would have gotten destroyed I should probably thank them.

The Rams have a good defense, good RBs, average receivers/TEs, below average coach, terrible OL and Case Keenum/Nick Foles at QB. ROFL.

The Rams will own nothing this year or next. Anyone who says they will is either an idiot or a homer.

I'm still surprised that Fisher even ended up being in a superbowl...

Back