You Make the Call: HOF

If he gets into the Pats HOF, Bob Kraft can kiss my pink Irish ass. So help me God I will go there just to BOO my fuggin head off. He's a fuggin traitor. He's the anti-christ. He's got no goddamn remorse either. Fuggggg him.
This. I will burn that shit to the ground if he goes in.

Adam is very much a part of the NE SB lore, and should be a Patriot HOFer...but Canton...no.

Funny, I think "the kicker who is still nameless" should be closer to Canton than here.

Babe Ruth won a World Series with the Sox, their last one in 86 years. Should he be in their HOF ? Obviously no.

And he left town on better terms the "TKWISN" did.

Adam is very much a part of the NE SB lore, and should be a Patriot HOFer...but Canton...no.

Why not? What other kicker has ever impacted THE most important game in the NFL season as Adam did TWICE? And what he did in the last game in Foxboro is football LORE.

He will be in both halls. I understand why some say "TRAITOR!" but that is the reality of what the NFL has been since free agency started. NO other kicker in the HISTORY of the NFL has done what Adam did.(IMO of course.:)

Funny, I think "the kicker who is still nameless" should be closer to Canton than here.

Babe Ruth won a World Series with the Sox, their last one in 86 years. Should he be in their HOF ? Obviously no.

A great deal of what is on display at the Pats has to do with Adam so I think his place is pretty certain. :shrug:

The Babe is always identified as a Yankee, that's where he became a legend.

Likewise, Adam will always be identified as a Patriot, like it or not

AV will be the second kicker ever elected into Canton - fact.

I think in time he will also be elected into the PHOF - but he will probably get bumped a few years paste eligibility, whereas if he had stayed it would be immediate.

Likewise, Adam will always be identified as a Patriot, like it or not

Not by me.

There's an old saying. You don't shit where you eat. "Kicker" did just that.

And for what. A few pieces of silver. Fffffffffffffffffffff him.

AV will be the second kicker ever elected into Canton - fact.

I'm not real sure if AV gets in the HOF. You could be right. He's certainly well known for 4 very highly publicized clutch kicks.

My hesitance is that he's currently only the 10th rated kicker among those who are currently active and he's only the 12th rated kicker all time. Looking at the numbers, I have a hard time putting him in the NFL HOF.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/fg_perc_career.htm

HOF's should be about more than numbers. I reluctantly submit he belongs in Canton. But Foxboro? Over my dead lifeless body.

Agreed.

Jan Stenerud was a 67% FG kicker and is the only true kicker (who did not play another position) in the HOF. He's there beacause of his legacy - introducing the sharpshooter, soccer style kick into popularity and his SB win with the Chiefs in which he set the tone by leading the Chiefs to a 9-0 lead.

AV will go into Canton not based solely on numbers, but because of his legacy - the clutch kicks, the SB kicks, winning SB's with two different teams, etc.

Time heals all wounds.

Give it another 30 - 40 years.

:D

The thing I don't get about AV is he was set for life. He would have had a career (and endless supply of income) in NE, post-retirement, doing endorsements, appearances, and autograph-signings. He could have milked his legacy the way Johnny Pesky, Yaz, and Bobby Orr are doing now.

He will never be as revered/loved in Indiana as he would have been here had he just retired as a Pat.

Terrible, terrible marketing move. I'm still baffled by it.

Don't think so...

I'm not real sure if AV gets in the HOF. You could be right. He's certainly well known for 4 very highly publicized clutch kicks.

My hesitance is that he's currently only the 10th rated kicker among those who are currently active and he's only the 12th rated kicker all time. Looking at the numbers, I have a hard time putting him in the NFL HOF.

I also don't know that he would make any Colts Hall of Fame within anyone's life time. If he doesn't fit in his local halls, does he fit in the big one?

Guys, you gotsta let the Vinatieri hate go. Without him, its conceivable that the Pats are still an ofer in the big game. Same goes for Johnny Damon. Big ALCS/World Series and without him, no way they win in 2004. Just sayin'.

The thing I don't get about AV is he was set for life. He would have had a career (and endless supply of income) in NE, post-retirement, doing endorsements, appearances, and autograph-signings. He could have milked his legacy the way Johnny Pesky, Yaz, and Bobby Orr are doing now.

He will never be as revered/loved in Indiana as he would have been here had he just retired as a Pat.

Terrible, terrible marketing move. I'm still baffled by it.

What I heard, was he was pissed at Belichick for franchising him every year, until it got to the QB level. He had wanted a long term deal for a few years and never got one to his liking. Once he became a free agent, the Colts stepped up first with one he liked (and he didn't give the Pats a chance to make a counter).

What I heard, was he was pissed at Belichick for franchising him every year, until it got to the QB level. He had wanted a long term deal for a few years and never got one to his liking. Once he became a free agent, the Colts stepped up first with one he liked (and he didn't give the Pats a chance to make a counter).

And was the difference like 200 clams ?

Fugggggggggggg him. And twice on Sundays.

I don't hate Adam at all...I think Ghost and Mesko are upgrades. There's a reason only one kicker is in the HOF, and as chev pointed out, Adam is far from the best ever.

And if his numbers aren't part of his induction criteria, four clutch kicks won't get him there either.

I don't hate Adam at all...I think Ghost and Mesko are upgrades. There's a reason only one kicker is in the HOF, and as chev pointed out, Adam is far from the best ever.

And if his numbers aren't part of his induction criteria, four clutch kicks won't get him there either.
Joe Namath disagrees with you.

Back