You Make the Call: HOF

Michigan Dave

NATIONAL CHAMPION.
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-.../id/4697663/projecting-vrabels-pats-hall-call

Reiss today brings up that with some dynasty-era players starting to retire, we have to consider their admission into the Pats HOF. And with there being only 1 player per year...that makes for some tough choices. Here's upcoming eligibility:

Troy Brown (2012)
Tedy Bruschi (2013)
Rodney Harrison (2013)
Willie McGinest (2013)
Ty Law (2014)
Mike Vrabel (2015)

Damn, that 2013 class looks TOUGH. Who gets the nod? Bruschi, the epitome of a Patriot; Rodney, possibly the best player but a guy who was short-term in NE by these standards; or Willie, both a leader and dynamic player on the field.

I'm thinking Tedy probably gets the nod, but damn what a choice.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-.../id/4697663/projecting-vrabels-pats-hall-call

Reiss today brings up that with some dynasty-era players starting to retire, we have to consider their admission into the Pats HOF. And with there being only 1 player per year...that makes for some tough choices. Here's upcoming eligibility:

Troy Brown (2012)
Tedy Bruschi (2013)
Rodney Harrison (2013)
Willie McGinest (2013)
Ty Law (2014)
Mike Vrabel (2015)

Damn, that 2013 class looks TOUGH. Who gets the nod? Bruschi, the epitome of a Patriot; Rodney, possibly the best player but a guy who was short-term in NE by these standards; or Willie, both a leader and dynamic player on the field.

Hands down Tedy

I'd go with Bruschi too, just because BB called him the perfect football player. I'd induct Rodney into my personal HOF, but he's a married man :fire:

WillieMac...man, he deserves the honor, too. Maybe to celebrate his 20th year of ownership, Mr Kraft will loosen the rules and get them all in.

rules are made to be broken....

couple of two-fers are in order....

The 2013 class creates a dilemma for sure.

Bruschi had some great years. McGinest did as well. If it's me, and I realize I'm in the minority here, I go with McGinest. McGinest did it longer, on horrible teams early on, but perservered until he made the D great with his example on the field. Bruschi came on later and was also great, without a doubt. But he did come later. McGinest was his inspiration. McGinest was the very first brick for that venerable D. And McGinest began our hunt for the next "elephant" to replace him, who simply doesn't exist. Mayo is doing a great job in Bruschi's place. Just try and replace McGinest. It's not so simple. Personally, I'd vote Willie first and Bruschi next. Then Rodney.

Just thinking about that D, I'm quite at my leisure. So satisfying.

Brown and Bruschi are sure locks. The rest are deserving, but no more than some old timers that deserve the honor as well. They will get in in due time.

I think Bruschi, Vrabel and McGinest should go in as a class. Wouldn't have had three Lombardis without them. They did it together, they should go in together.

I too would like that 2013 class to all go in together but if you had to force me to chose then without a doubt it would be Teddy, the man was the heart and soul of the dynasty teams and even though we had great leaders like Brady, Brown, Vrabes, Willie etc Bruschi imo was THE Leader of those teams, the one play that will always stick in my head in regards to him was that 04 playoff game against the colts, they were driving and looking to get themselves back into, Manning dumped the ball to Rhodes who got decent yardage and then bam he met Teddy but Bruschi didn't just stop him he friggen ripped the ball out of Rhodes arms and wrestled him down all in one movement, still one of my favourite plays of all time that one.

Troy Brown (2012)
Tedy Bruschi (2013)
Rodney Harrison (2013)
Willie McGinest (2013)
Ty Law (2014)
Mike Vrabel (2015)

1) They're all locks.
2) I think Tedy gets the nod, although I personally would vote for Willie.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8dXqifpmAws" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Cheers, BostonTim

I've never understood the quotas thing for HOF consideration.

If you're a HOFer you go in. If not, you don't. Point blank. Why the 1 per year rule for the Pats HOF? Some years there's 3. Some years there's none.

Same for all the league HOF's. You mean to tell me somebody like Rice lingers on the ballot for umpteen years and then the sympathy vote gets him in? It just tarnishes the achievements of the truly deserving IMO.

Tedy, Rodney, and Willie all get into the Pats Hall the same year. One ceremony every couple months, so they each get their own day to be honored.

Eff the rules. It's OUR Hall, not the NFL's.

I guess Willie is going to have to wait a few years. For my money, Tedy goes in first, then Ty Law the next year.

What are the chances any of these guys get into the REAL HOF? All were great, but unlike baseball, getting into Canton ain't easy. You just don't have to play for 15 years...

What are the chances any of these guys get into the REAL HOF? All were great, but unlike baseball, getting into Canton ain't easy. You just don't have to play for 15 years...

I suspect Ty Law will get in.

I think Law is the only one with a realistic shot. Maybe Rodney Harrison too. Other than that, Brady is the only Patriot from those years who'll make it in.

I think Law is the only one with a realistic shot. Maybe Rodney Harrison too. Other than that, Brady is the only Patriot from those years who'll make it in.

I'd think Seymour has a good chance as well

None.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back