Your new QB looks soft

Does anybody ever wonder if Midgar isn't a real person, but is instead a made up person by some psychiatrist writing a book on just how nutty an online persona can get and still get responded to?

I do.
There was a cool poster here years ago, JH. She was convinced he is a cartoon character. I think she may have been correct.

I actually did read it, but most everybody here reacts to each other based on their persona here and not the so-called real world. I haven't got
time to figure out who is great on here but has problems out there or vice-versa. It's all just a guess. Sometimes people can fool you. I wonder sometimes,
but you can't know the deal. It's just how shit works on the web.

Still, it's hard not to look at the total number of posts you make as a little weird. Sure it's in spurts, but it's way, way more than anybody else. It seems obsessive as does
your devotion to Brady. I can't see any difference it how you handle the topic of him now as opposed to whenever. Some point in the past. It still seems fucked up to me.

I don't need to meet you. It doesn't make a big difference if you're Grampa of the Year in the real world. Or your dog loves you. All that matters is nobody here wants to interact
with somebody that hammers the same basic point in, over and over. at a rate and in a way that sometimes seems unhinged. You invite the negative attention in that
way, but we've been down this road before. You reap what you sow. There is nothing unfair about it. Folks are fed up. Don't act like it's a big surprise.

You seem to understand that, kinda/sorta, but you don't seem to DO much of anything different. It's patterns getting repeated too many times and then people get bored and when
they get bored they get pissy.

My advice is to do something different.

All I see here is you blaming others for the way you post. (If you only didn't do this, then I wouldn't have had to do that.) There is a reason for the way people react to you. Unless you accept that you are responsible for what you say, you alone, nothing will change. There was zero excuse for jumping on Hawg. Nothing in Hawg's posts were offensive. Your replies were extremely hostile. This is a pattern and yes people are reacting to the pattern. You don't like the reactions, change the pattern. If you don't change, nothing will change. It's totally up to you. Threatening to go away if we don't change OUR attitudes is pointless.

There is a reason for the way people react to you, and you cannot argue, threaten, or bluster your way into changing the way people see you.

I basically said this last night. I'm repeating in case you misunderstood me or Hawg's better-post-than-mine last night. A third time will be badgering so I'll drop it. Take the advice or don't. Change or blame everyone else. It's up to you. Good luck. Peace out.

Inspector, look.....the issue here is you can't help but react to any post where there is even a perceived slight against Brady. You know this.

The post in question here was from Hawg to HF and it was concentrating on the Chiefs offense during the SB as the thread is focussing on QBs. Hawg was making the points that the Tampa defense played a blinder and nullified the much-heralded Chiefs offense led by the supposed pretender to Brady's throne. Now, as soon as I read Hawgs post I just knew you would leap in and dispute it and look to place Brady into the conversation about the game. I suspect everyone knew you would react. You tried hard not to mention Tom but everyone could see what you were saying. Hawg had not given credit to Tom for the SB win and that simply had to be corrected by you. If you're honest, you'll admit that. We see this in any thread that brushes even lightly around Brady. Someone can post a simple chart giving stats about QBs and completion percentages or throw accuracy etc and Tom is not at the top or near the top of those charts. You are sure to respond by refuting the stats and bringing in other stats purely to show Tom in a better light.

It's an issue you have alone on the board. You cannot seem to stomach any negative comment about Tom, no matter how slight and no matter how thinly referenced. Even something that should be simple to agree on, Tom's company taking taxpayer Covid funding and then Tom buying a boat, and it being a bad look cannot be stomached by you. You tell us all companies do this, they're entitled to it and Tom has minimal involvement in his companies etc.

Could you maybe explain this issue you have with any negative or perceived negative comments about Brady? I'm being serious. What is it that grates? Why do you have this need to defend him in all cases?

Compare the reaction you get to the reaction Mazz gets. She's honest and has stated often and clearly that she's pissed with Bill for allowing Tom to go and wishes he retired here and supports Tom and Bucs outside of the Patriots. Now the majority of us disagree with all that, but it's her viewpoint and she expressed it. She has also been honest and said Tom attitude pissed her off in 2019. Can you see the difference? She's upfront and not so binary that she can't see the flaws in Tom where there are some.

The rest of us are like that about the Patriots, the players and Bill. When Bill screws up we'll say it. When he does a bad draft, we slate him for it. When he buys poorly in FA we'll lay into him. Same with the players. We don't just blindly support Bill and say he has zero flaws.

I'm genuinely interested in hearing this. Is it that you feel that we fans are being thoroughly ungrateful for all the great years that Tom gave the team?

Last edited:
Can anyone tally how many posts Middie made today?

And he accuses US of posting all day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Phtt. All of us combined can't keep up with him.

Cheers

Yeah, that seems about right. I wonder what the grand total is, but I don't know all of his alts. It's gotta be an incredible number.

Anyhow, I watched Joey Chestnut eat 76 hot dogs in 10 minutes earlier today, so, by comparison to him, Mid is actually a well-balanced person.

There are some parallels in there somewhere, though.
I'd never thought of it that way. But, it makes perfect sense. Well-done!

What a dumpster fire of a thread. LOL

Did any of you guys/gals actually celebrate the 4th yesterday? 🎇

No. I celebrated the 4th today in Bristol RI at the fantastic July 5th parade there. It was all about America, family. Boy Scouts, Shriners, kids, music, adult beverages and honoring our veterans and first responders. A great bagpipe band came all the way from Indiana to march in it. There were no concerns about Covid, social distancing, or politics. Or website drama. I've been many times but I never heard a more enthusiastic crowd applauding the participants. People are happy to be enjoying summer without fear.

An 11 hour day for us, but it was great fun with family and friends.

What did you do to celebrate?

No. I celebrated the 4th today in Bristol RI at the fantastic July 5th parade there. It was all about America, family. Boy Scouts, Shriners, kids, music, adult beverages and honoring our veterans and first responders. A great bagpipe band came all the way from Indiana to march in it. There were no concerns about Covid, social distancing, or politics. Or website drama. I've been many times but I never heard a more enthusiastic crowd applauding the participants. People are happy to be enjoying summer without fear.

My daughter joined her first softball travel team recently and the 4th was the last day of a tournament. Her team colors are fittingly red white and blue.. She supplied the fireworks by hitting her first homerun...wish this was a happy ending, but unfortunately I promised to buy her a cat if she ever homered. I'm currently drafting an agreement that stipulates that she'll take the cat with her when she leaves for college in 3 years...

My daughter joined her first softball travel team recently and the 4th was the last day of a tournament. Her team colors are fittingly red white and blue.. She supplied the fireworks by hitting her first homerun...wish this was a happy ending, but unfortunately I promised to buy her a cat if she ever homered. I'm currently drafting an agreement that stipulates that she'll take the cat with her when she leaves for college in 3 years...
May I suggest saving a cat from your local shelter instead of buying one.

My dad's birthday was today but we celebrated it yesterday. Took him to his favorite restaurant- The Stockyard in Brighton. Such great steak.

Went to Nantasket beach at night to watch the fireworks. Hull really does a great job.

Wonderful day all around!

I did take notice of the social restrictions being gone and it was so nice.

Glad you had a nice day. I think we all needed it.

May I suggest saving a cat from your local shelter instead of buying one.
Yep, we're going to try. We have 2 Jack Russell mixes that we rescued. The problem is that she is allergic to "regular" cats and will need to find a hypoallergenic one...we will go the rescue route if it's possible. So we have to find a hypoallergenic kitten that won't beat up my dogs, or tell her that this is an excellent life lesson in why you should always get verbal commitments in writing.😉

Yep, we're going to try. We have 2 Jack Russell mixes that we rescued. The problem is that she is allergic to "regular" cats and will need to find a hypoallergenic one...we will go the rescue route if it's possible. So we have to find a hypoallergenic kitten that won't beat up my dogs, or tell her that this is an excellent life lesson in why you should always get verbal commitments in writing.😉
I have a Jack, what a personality they have. He is 9 and we wouldn’t trade him for the world.

🙂

I was just reading something like that. That no cats are truly hypoallergenic as it is from a protein in their saliva.

Just those that people with allergies are less sensitive to.

I was just reading something like that. That no cats are truly hypoallergenic as it is from a protein in their saliva.

Just those that people with allergies are less sensitive to.
I knew that I should've tripped her when she was rounding third, lol, I just advised her that she'll need to spend some time with the kitten to make sure that her head won't swell to twice its size like it did a few years ago when she was checking out cats at the Nashua shelter.

I’ve got a cat. She’s a shelter cat and wonderful. I’m gonna be 35 July the 12 and she just turned 5. We kind of have the same birthday

On a side not I got engaged in February, found out my fiancé was pregnant in April, planned a wedding in two days got married, and the baby is due December 23.
Holy crap!!!
Sorry if I come off stressed at times, it’s because I am.
But I’ll tell y’all I love this board. Thanks for putting up with me!
Happy late fourth everyone!!!!

On a side note my cat noticed immediately when my wife was pregnant and was sleeping on her butt every night for two weeks before we knew. Animals are way ahead of us sometimes.

I know that was two side notes. Sorry.

My missus is cat mad. I never was bothered and was allergic to them and most animal dander. But it was a no brainer so when we got hitched and moved in, the cats were there. I got de-sensitised to them and don't have that allergy anymore and my missus gets the cats from shelters. They come chipped and neutered which is important. Fortunately, most people seem to get their cats from shelters here, there's only ever a few available.

Back