#12 is at OTAs today

Well, of course they are. I get what you're saying, but since I'm a fan of football and not just a fan of the Patriots, I'm always interested in what other teams and players are doing.

But most importantly, I care about what the Pats are doing, which is why I thought TB should have been at OTAs when they opened if for no other reason than to show leadership.

I am a fan of football too, but see I do not go, oh man, the jets were at OTA's, you know what that means. All teams run different. Brady shows leadership quite a bit, this time in that week on this particular year, he didnt make OTA's in the one week. Yeah, it just does not throw me into a panic. I am more worried about who he is going to be throwing to or who is going to be rushing the passer.

What? Win the division and lose to Baltimore in the 1st round?

No, they went farther than the pats did. Pats didnt make the playoffs, for some reason that was ok, but losing in the playoffs means the team is in a mess. Is it really better to miss the playoffs now days?

No, they went farther than the pats did. Pats didnt make the playoffs, for some reason that was ok, but losing in the playoffs means the team is in a mess. Is it really better to miss the playoffs now days?

Everyone's expectations were significantly lower in 2008........for "some reason".

I am a fan of football too, but see I do not go, oh man, the jets were at OTA's, you know what that means. All teams run different. Brady shows leadership quite a bit, this time in that week on this particular year, he didnt make OTA's in the one week. Yeah, it just does not throw me into a panic. I am more worried about who he is going to be throwing to or who is going to be rushing the passer.

I'm not calling Brady's leadership into question. I just feel that last year the team's mentality was pretty dire. There was no cohesion, for whatever random reason. The new season starts right now, and everyone should be on the same page.

Rushing the passer will be TBC and Jason Taylor and most likely Derrick Burgess. He's going to be throwing to Moss and from the looks of what BB said this morning, I'm thinking he's going to use one of his 2nd round picks towards getting a decent receiver from another team. Of course I'm reading something into what he said, but that was my interpretation. I'm really not worried about it this year like I was last year. BB knows where the shortcomings were last year, and you can bet it ain't gonna happen again this year.

Everyone's expectations were significantly lower in 2008........for "some reason".

Well maybe thats the issue, stop getting your hopes up. Just predict failure to the might jets and everything will be ok. :coffee:

I'm not calling Brady's leadership into question. I just feel that last year the team's mentality was pretty dire. There was no cohesion, for whatever random reason. The new season starts right now, and everyone should be on the same page.

Rushing the passer will be TBC and Jason Taylor and most likely Derrick Burgess. He's going to be throwing to Moss and from the looks of what BB said this morning, I'm thinking he's going to use one of his 2nd round picks towards getting a decent receiver from another team. Of course I'm reading something into what he said, but that was my interpretation. I'm really not worried about it this year like I was last year. BB knows where the shortcomings were last year, and you can bet it ain't gonna happen again this year.

If brady is there last week, everyone is still not on the same page. You have AD crying at home, you have our starting guard crying at home, Moss is trying to figure out which team he wants to be on next year. I know, brady had a down year, I can make an excuse that it was his first year back after missing an entire year from injury but nobody cares. I am not in Bill's office, nor at bradys house ( I tried but security took me away) so I assume, he was spending time with his family was the reason he did not attend, which is the case on a lot of teams the vets sometime do not attend these, but thats about it. In the end, its going to be about who has the better team, hopefully the pats do.

:high:

:poke:

Yeah I really hope that is not the best we have rushing the passer, or brady being at OTA's will be the least of our issues.

I'll take him for depth.

He had a great season last year, and I think he came close to as many sacks as TBC had.

Unless someone has a better option. He'd be great for the locker room, too.

All we heard when the Patriots went 18-1 was "they didn't win the big one, and that's all that matters".

So the Jesters make it in because the Colts laid down, win a few playoff games against the historically underachieving Chargers and hopeless Bengals, and it's supposed to mean something?
Yes because bottom line...they achieved more. The 10-6 Pats got beaten by a 9-7 team. Record in the regular season mean less & playoff achievements mean more. That stance is consistent with my not caring that much about the 16-0. Nor is it inconsistent with feeling that two playoff victories vs 0 is better.

Hmm, what have the jets done for you lately? I dont give a rats as about the jets, I care about the pats. If you want to worry about the jets go ahead. I do not root for the jets and I dont care how they run their team, I doubt seriously any of the pats coaches, players or owners do either. I do not care how the Browns operate either, or the ravens or the lions, so if they all showed up to OTA's too, I do not care to know.
Yes, that's EXACTLY what I meant. Congrats! :)

because I am not afraid to admit another man is handsome

brady17ms.gif

Back