Anyone planning on watching Giants-'Skins?

One cool thing about living in the Pacific Time Zone - the game starts at 4! No staying up until midnight anymore to watch MNF! Woohoo!

I've watched the Giants twice in preseason and will admit to a morbid fascination with them. For some reason, a lot of people still don't take them seriously but they are still a strong football team due in part to their outstanding '07 draft which is one of the best draft classes in years. I don't know who does their scouting, but they know what they are doing. Tons of solid, young players.

They lose Osi and some kid named Dave Tollefson comes in and looks like a plus pass rusher. Strahan retires and they replace him with Kiwanuka. The Giants front 7 still looks like a strength to me. Fred Robbins is a beast at DT and will be a pro-bowler soon. Talent everywhere.

I know everybody is in love with Dallas, but they are still the team to beat in my book and I have no problem watching them. I expect them to beat Washington handily.

Oh yeah, and I still HATE them.

I'll watch with hopes that Eli returns to his former self, but I fear that the SB win has instilled an new confidence in his abilities that he lacked prior and we have to bathed in more Manning ballwashings for seasons to come.

One cool thing about living in the Pacific Time Zone - the game starts at 4! No staying up until midnight anymore to watch MNF! Woohoo!

Yeah. That is certainly one plus.

And, we get to ruin it for the people on the east coast by telling them the final score before they get to watch it :thumb:

Yeah, I was just going to reply to this thread that I'll probably have it on to fall asleep to.

I will most likely watch it maybe not the whole thing from start to finish but I will try for most of it! I got a couple players on my ff team going tonight so I have something to watch for.

After the opening ceremonies, which I've come to grips with finally but yet don't have any inkling in viewing, I'll watch football. And hopefully it's a decent well-played came to keep the attention.

Surely I'll be at the ready to surf if its a whitewashing though, which in all honesty I think it will be.

hell yeah. first game of the season, woot. doubt ill sit through the whole thing, though. probably will end up flipping back and forth.

i wont even turn on the channel until kickoff though. and if they show any superbowl clips i'll change the channel, shti like that just makes me feel weird inside.

Nope, I might be going to Nashville tonight to see Vanderbilt play the Gamecocks.

Nope, I might be going to Nashville tonight to see Vanderbilt play the Gamecocks.

Interesting. The woman who sits in the cube next to me will be there. She's attending the wedding of a friend who is marrying a former Vanderbilt player. Part of the weekend's activities involves going to the game.

by a show of hands how many here will watch simply in the hopes that Eli Manning suffers two Achilles-heel ruptures while being dragged down by a charging-yet-being-grievously-held Washington lineman just after throwing a way-high ball to a leaping-at-midfield David Tyree who cannot catch the ridiculous pass on account of having his head completely separated from his torso by a Washington safety eliminating the possibility of a helmet sticky w/ spilled Gatorade aided completion?

:wave:

Interesting. The woman who sits in the cube next to me will be there. She's attending the wedding of a friend who is marrying a former Vanderbilt player. Part of the weekend's activities involves going to the game.

My dad is the Vanderbilt fan and not me. I will go just to keep him out of trouble lol. If my mom changes her mind and goes to the game with him, then she can take care of him and I can do something else. I want to go but I don't want to go. I hate that!

Will watch for two reasons:

1. As roadgrader said, hoping for a Giants trainwreck in someway.

2. I am a dorky white guy and santana moss is on my fantasy team.

Yes indeedy! Big advantages to living in the PST during football season. First game starts 10 am Sunday morning, second game at 1 = all day football in jammies!

As to Bid's question, I will definitely watch the game tonight. As others have said, after all - IT'S THE FIRST GAME OF THE NEW SEASON!! :toast:

(and I don't bear any grudges against the Giants - they won fair and square)

I'll be watching, for sure!

Finally, the REAL season begins! :dance:

And this year, for me, it's in HD on a big screen with Bose sound! woohoo

I cannot WAIT!

:)

I may watch just to see if the refs do something they didn't do in the Super Bowl: Call 'holding' on the Giants offensive line. Pr!cks.

Thankfully I'll be getting out of work when that pregame bullshit will be on. After that, I'll be watching the game with a friend of mine. I can't wait just because once the season officially kicks off, I can feel that Sunday is pretty close.

Back