BB Planet

Thank you for posting that, Roberto. I was fairly sure what that series was going to be but now I realize it's actually much worse than I imagined.
Produced and copyrighted by Kraft? Oh boy.
Volin's article was difficult to read but, my god, was it enlightening.

I have lots more questions after reading Volin's expose of the Krafts.
If you haven't read Volin's article, look at Roberto's post above where he pasted it.
I copied some parts that were especially hard for me to stomach and bolded/colored those "Aha!" moments.

Were the Krafts always this vengeful and shallow? I can't imagine I missed signs of it over almost 30 years but I did. The Krafts have lost my respect.
They remind me of Jerruh firing Jimmy Johnson because Jerruh wanted full credit.
What do the Krafts stand to gain by acting so nasty & throwing mud on Belichick? Do they want all the credit? I don't get their motive at all.
Don't they see they are denigrating their own legacy and that of the Patriots?
Is Kraft absolutely sure his contracts with Belichick that prevent him from saying a word in his defense are as ironclad as he thinks they are? I remember the old business
axiom that says "If you have your enemy in your sights, you can be just as sure he has you in his sights". Does Kraft use "Copyright Kraft Dynasty" to get around the Patriots' contractual inability to say anything about Belichick? Why else did he use his money to produce this?

Volin's article starts here.

“Copyright Kraft Dynasty LLC 2024 … The copyright holder is the author of this cinematographic or audiovisual work.”
Not Patriots Dynasty. Kraft Dynasty. This is the Krafts’ version of events.
The Krafts essentially dance on Belichick’s grave a month after firing him. The whole thing is unseemly.
The Krafts should be better than this. Belichick certainly deserves better after a 24-year tenure that will go down as one of the greatest coaching runs in NFL history.
Even if you believe, as I do, that Brady was mostly responsible for the Patriots’ incredible success, Belichick doesn’t deserve to have his reputation dragged through the mud by the very people who profited immensely off his success.

This docuseries is not the first instance of the Krafts trying to dump everything on Belichick. Two weeks ago,
Robert Kraft gathered a couple of local reporters at the Super Bowl to blame Belichick for the team’s low cash spending the past few years.
The comments mirrored ones he made last March, when Kraft said, “Bill in 24 years has never come to me and not gotten everything he’s wanted.”

And Jerod Mayo’s introductory press conference Jan. 11 was sprinkled with shots at how Belichick ran his program. Kraft, unprompted, said Belichick “had control over every decision — every coach we hire, the organization reports to him on the draft, and how much money we spend.” How much money we spend.
That’s at least three times in 11 months that Kraft tried to pin the Patriots’ spending on Belichick.

“The Dynasty,” though, takes the Belichick bashing to a new level. Kraft reminds viewers at every turn how difficult Belichick was to work with. Brady’s sisters criticize Belichick for treating their brother too harshly. Several players took turns bashing Belichick for benching Butler in the Super Bowl.
Gronkowski and Amendola, especially, take Belichick to task for the Super Bowl loss to the Eagles, the joyless program Belichick ran in Foxborough, for creating a rift with trainer Alex Guerrero, and for pushing Brady out (though I did love Amendola turning the tables on Belichick with this quip: “I could’ve gotten the kid from Foxborough High School to tell you that you shouldn’t have let Tom Brady go”).

Belichick did participate in the series, but only in a perfunctory sense. He and confidant Ernie Adams showed zero interest in providing insight into Spygate, Butler’s benching, and Brady’s departure. It looked like he was being interviewed at gunpoint.
A scene in the final episode perfectly illustrates Kraft’s intent to pin everything on Belichick. The producer asks Brady what was discussed when Brady and his ex-wife Gisele Bundchen visited Kraft’s home in the spring of 2018.
“There are some things I’d like to keep to myself,” Brady says.
The show then cuts to Kraft, who immediately blabs about everything.
“I heard Gisele say, ‘That effin’ Belichick, he doesn’t treat my Tommy like a man,’ ” Kraft said. “I realized how bad the situation was, and I said, ‘Tommy, if you want to go, I’ll work it out so you can go.’ ”

“The Dynasty” goes to great lengths to portray Kraft and Brady in a positive light. One episode begins with Rupert Murdoch waxing poetic about Kraft and his leadership. Another episode rips Belichick for supporting Trump, while glossing over that Kraft has also been an ardent Trump supporter who even flew on Air Force One. The Deflategate episode doesn’t mention The Wells Report In Context, or how the Krafts wouldn’t let the NFL do follow-up interviews with “The Deflator.”
The episode about the 28-3 comeback over the Falcons is Brady hagiography that barely mentions the contributions of the 52 other Patriots. The Deflategate episode portrays Brady as a helpless victim who just wanted the whole thing to end, never mentioning Judge Richard Berman, Brady getting his suspension delayed for a season, and carrying on his lawsuit for two years until he realized that the US Supreme Court wouldn’t take up his case.
No counter-narratives are offered — like, say, that the Patriots may have been guilty and obstinate during Deflategate.
In the final episode, Kraft casually mentions that because the Patriots won Super Bowl LIII against the Rams with their defense, that “at that point, Tommy understood that Bill would be the head coach for a number of years going forward.”
The statement is never challenged or probed. If Kraft was so adamant about wanting Brady to finish his career as a Patriot, why didn’t he try harder?

“The Dynasty” is supposed to be a celebration of the Patriots’ incredible 20-year run, but serves as a vehicle for the Krafts to absolve themselves of any blame and dump everything on Belichick.
It’s gross. Belichick deserves better than this.

Chevvs, I think after the final episode airs, we are all going to be back in this thread, fuming. I mean, we have a series purportedly about the Patriot's dynastic success, yet half of the shows are going to be dedicated to the downfall, and clearly, based on what those Journalists have seen, the blame is going to be heaped on Belichuck. I mean, they get Brady's sisters chiming in, sticking the boot in? How low can you go?

I said it before, the Krafts are playing a dangerous game. There are clear signs that the propaganda is not working, and there is significant pushback against the Krafts from a large section of the fanbase after what they see as the continuous sniping and digs coming from the Krafts. And many journalists covering the Patriots seem to be oblivious to the fans. Perillo, Kirsch and co are totally oblivious to what the fans are saying or else they are just choosing to ignore it.

And people should just note, Bill of course is saying nothing and will say nothing. That's the class of the man.

The University of Nebraska is hosting a coaching clinic and our very own Bill Belichick will be the guest speaker. Even though I don't coach anymore I would sure like to attend this.

View: https://x.com/HuskerFootball/status/1759978479947255917?s=20

but...but...how is he to be taken seriously? aren't these college coaches aware he's past his shelf life and can't teach them anything about coddling relating to players under 50???
and yep i saw the krafts pissing on bb the day he was fired with that 2nd presser. oh jonathan was at an emergency at kraft group too...🙄
just gross.

Mike Kadlick

@mikekadlick

Scott Pioli essentially blamed Eric Mangini ratting the #Patriots out for Spygate as the reason for Bill Belichick’s standoffish nature (via ‘The Dynasty’):“The unspoken rule is: When you leave the family, you leave the family. You honor the opportunity that was given, you don’t make a mess. You remember how you got your first step in the door, you don’t make a mess.”He continued: “Bill was very close with Eric, and his very normal human reaction was a feeling of betrayal. And he distanced himself from those of us that were closest to him. You could feel a certain type of energy in that building. A certain type of anger. A certain type of venegence.”

spot on, Jerry!
People Clap GIF

Jerod Mayo Denies the Patriots are Taking 'Shots' at Bill Belichick. They Better Not Be.
Jerry Thornton
Jerry Thornton
2/28/2024 12:10 PM

Yesterday after Eliot Wolf arrived at the Combine and took questions for the first time as the Patriots new GM-without-title, I made a lot of analogies to how Presidents take office and make a big dramatic display of issuing orders to some pet cause they campaigned on. And mostly drilled down on what Wolf said about what he looks for in a quarterback. And of course every historic metaphor I used was exactly the sort of insightful, spot-on analysis that makes men want to be me and women to call out my name during sessions of noisy lovemaking.

But with typical humility, I'll be the first to admit I missed one rather important aspect of what Wolf said. And it's something Jerod Mayo had to answer for this morning:

NBC Sports - New Patriots head coach Jerod Mayo and head of personnel Eliot Wolf both have spoken at length about installing a new culture and a new way of operating in New England.

Mayo said he "(doesn't) like echo chambers" and expressed a desire to "knock down silos and collaborate." Wolf admitted there's "more of an open — less of a hard-ass type — vibe" at the Patriots' facility. Both used the word "different" multiple times in their introductory press conferences.

There's a reading of those comments that doesn't reflect well on former head coach Bill Belichick. …

Mayo and Wolf appeared to be spotlighting all that was wrong in Belichick's old regime.

On Wednesday, however, Mayo pushed back on the narrative that he and the Patriots are taking veiled digs at their former boss.

"Look, it's going to be different, but at the same time, I would say Bill did a great job for a long period of time" Mayo told reporters, including our Patriots Insider Phil Perry, at the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis. "I don't want you guys to take this, just because we're changing, as shots toward the previous regime."

"In saying that, we will do it differently, and it'll feel different. But at the end of the day, we would like to replicate the success that the prior regime had. So, I learned a lot from Bill and also his staff, but now we’ll see what this chapter looks like."

Before we dive in, let me point out something I've mentioned before: Mayo is a big "At the End of the Day" Guy. And it would appear from yesterday that so is Wolf. Again, no one dabbles in At the End of the Day. You either never say it, or you use it a half dozen times in every interview. I'm cursed with a tin ear for people's verbal tics. And once I pick up on one, I can't unhear it. But since these are the men who have been tasked with leading us back to where we win postseason games, so I'm just going to have to suck it up. The things I do for you kids, while asking nothing in return.

Second, of course Wolf and Mayo are well within their rights to change up how business is done in Foxboro. In fact, if this is who they are, if this is how they prefer to operate, it would be insane to approach the job any other way. If we've learned anything since about the time Charlie Weis left in 2005, trying to operate the way Belichick did is career suicide. There have been plenty of his former minions who tried to be cheap, knockoff, Ocean State Job Lot Belichicks, Frank Caliendo versions of him, and that way lies madness. The first order of business any time you're leading people is to be your authentic self. So if knocking down silos and collaboration are your thing, and echo chambers and treating the media like something your dog rolled in are not, then by all means, be your genuine self.

That said, the whole Patriots organization would be wise to check themselves when it comes to how they talk about Belichick's "regime." To watch their tongues when it comes to sounding all dismissive about "hard-ass type vibes" and whatnot. That hardassery built an empire. That "vibe" kept the wolves at bay for 20 years here. Keep using the word "different" all you want. But just keep in mind that without the old approach, Wolf might be the Northeast Region scout for the Panthers and Mayo (God forbid) might have been drafted by the Jets.

This whole Patriots organization needs to understand what the "vibe" among their fans is right now. Faith in the future of this team is hanging by a thread. These executives and coaches don't come into their new jobs with the full confidence of the public. That has to be earned. Which the man they're replacing did a thousand times over. And it's why we were all willing to take bullets for him. The last few years were disappointing, to say the least. But to beat that presidential analogy to death, these guys are coming into the Oval Office after decades of peace and prosperity. They're replacing someone whose face we expect to see on money soon. Do things in your own style, but choose your words carefully when you talk about a guy we think deserves his own Mt. Rushmore. Or you risk alienating the populace before you've even had a chance to earn their trust.

Finally, don't forget the situation you've inherited. When Belichick assumed command, the team was in Salary Cap Supermax. Bobby Grier and Pete Carroll had been handing out so many guaranteed deals the team wasn't even saving money by cutting guys. But somehow they managed to get under the cap, in his own words, "by about 40 bucks." While building the foundation of the 2001 Super Bowl champs. Yet he never complained publicly about the situation he inherited. The Wolf-Mayo Administration assumes office with the best payroll situation in the league over the next two years:

… and the most draft capital since Bill Parcells had the No. 1 pick in 1993. Focus on making use of those assets and turning this franchise around, and quit worrying about Belichick. The fanbase is in no mood for it. You don't have to kiss his ass; just stop concerning yourself with the hardness of it. And Do. Your. Job.

spot on, Jerry!

Jerod Mayo Denies the Patriots are Taking 'Shots' at Bill Belichick. They Better Not Be.

This whole Patriots organization needs to understand what the "vibe" among their fans is right now. Faith in the future of this team is hanging by a thread. These executives and coaches don't come into their new jobs with the full confidence of the public. That has to be earned. Which the man they're replacing did a thousand times over. And it's why we were all willing to take bullets for him. The last few years were disappointing, to say the least. But to beat that presidential analogy to death, these guys are coming into the Oval Office after decades of peace and prosperity. They're replacing someone whose face we expect to see on money soon. Do things in your own style, but choose your words carefully when you talk about a guy we think deserves his own Mt. Rushmore. Or you risk alienating the populace before you've even had a chance to earn their trust.

iu

The media guys just don't get it do they??

ALL OF WHICH YOU CAN DO WITHOUT DEMEANING PRIOR REGIMES PUBLICLY.
ftr, i also hate players/coaches talking shit publicly about their prior stop. at work or personally, i would automatically not consider vendors i spoke with if they talked down their competition. etc etc. it's just shitty practice.

Last edited:
Back