BJGE is the real deal!

Do we really have to make excuses for our own team doing well?:blink:
:shrug:

Glass half full, glass half empty, whatever.

I see a glass, and I'd kinda like to find out how much water it can hold and how much is in there now, if it is more or less than used to be there, how the water level got to where it is, and whose water glass is this, anyway?
Posted via Mobile Device

Buffalo has had a good pass defense the last few years because there run defense has been horrible and team would rather run all over them rather than risk a decent secondary making plays against them. If BJGE can replicate a similar performance next week then we can start talking
Again, we're talking about Buffalo over the course of a season, as opposed to Buffalo at the beginning of the season. How many times has Posluzney been knocked out during the season? Buffalo's D-line gets decimated every year because they like the small fast kids.

This season the run D is shaky because Buffalo is playing a 3-4 for the first time, not because they suck. Just as NE's D is getting bashed because they are young and inexperienced and learning on the job.

Yes, B-Jeepers was running on an inexperienced D, which explains part of the success, but I insist Buffalo, despite not having Posluzney in the game, is a better Defense on a player-by-player basis then they have been given credit for here. I also expect Buffalo to be toast later in the season as the injuries mount up, but if they can keep these kids on the field gaining experience in the 3-4 Gailey has implemented, they will be a handful for whomever they play.

<<
How many times has Posluzney been knocked out during the season?
>>

Every year since he was drafted I believe ROFL One of those great players if he only wasn't made of glass.

I think BJGE probably runs (and looks) a lot better simply because he no longer has to worry if he'll lose his job. Seeing Maroney get traded probably sent him the message that a.) he's wanted here and b.) his hard work is paying off (and, according to players around him like Fred Taylor, BJGE seems to try hard and take instruction, etc.,., stuff Maroney apparently didn't do).

:shrug:

Glass half full, glass half empty, whatever.QUOTE]

Either way, the glass is at the halfway point. When the water freezes, the glass will be 10% more full (or less empty if you prefer.) What does this have to do with anything? Simple, when the weather gets cold, BJGE will be better. :coffee:

HE continues to be something Maroney Never once a hard nosed runner. He clearly don't have the talent Maroney does. He makes the most of out talent he has. two straight good games as the pats starting RB.

I kind of like the BenJarvus Green-Ellis/Danny Woodhead tandem. When Taylor comes back, it will be a nasty 3 headed monster with each a real change-up for the defense to adjust to.

BJGE is the only man in the NFL who is a RBBC all by himself, but now that Jarvis Green was cut and shipped to Denver, can I please just call this guy Ben Ellis?

I kind of like the BenJarvus Green-Ellis/Danny Woodhead tandem. When Taylor comes back, it will be a nasty 3 headed monster with each a real change-up for the defense to adjust to.

BJGE is the only man in the NFL who is a RBBC all by himself, but now that Jarvis Green was cut and shipped to Denver, can I please just call this guy Ben Ellis?

You can always call him the firm or green Ellis.

Since Maroney was traded to Denver for a bag of footballs and some Rocky Mountain Oysters:

BenJarvus Green-Ellis: 32 carries, 174 yds, 2 TD, 5.4 YPC (1 rec, 6 yds) (5.5 yds/touch)

Laurence Maroney: 23 carries, 29 yds, 0 TD, 1.3 YPC (4 rec, 50 yds) (2.9 yds/touch)

Also Kick Returns (season, for the All-Purpose Yards crowd)
:

Laurence Maroney: 0 KR, 0 Yds, 0 TD

Brandon Tate: 18 KR, 601 yds, 33.4 yd/return, 2 TD

Since Maroney was traded to Denver for a bag of footballs and some Rocky Mountain Oysters:

BenJarvus Green-Ellis: 32 carries, 174 yds, 2 TD, 5.4 YPC (1 rec, 6 yds) (5.5 yds/touch)

Laurence Maroney: 23 carries, 29 yds, 0 TD, 1.3 YPC (4 rec, 50 yds) (2.9 yds/touch)

Also Kick Returns (season, for the All-Purpose Yards crowd)
:

Laurence Maroney: 0 KR, 0 Yds, 0 TD

Brandon Tate: 18 KR, 601 yds, 33.4 yd/return, 2 TD

Wow. That puts it in a little perspective....

1.3 YPC, lmfao. Jesus.

One thing I noticed about Firm last night was how he ALWAYS turns upfield. I LOVE THAT. Watch those stretch runs again and you'll notice that every time he realized he wasn't going to make the corner, he made a quick push up the field to at least gain 2-3 yards (sometimes more). Unlike Maroney (or even Morris last night) he won't just continue running horizontally, losing a yard out of bounds ... he is always looking for positive yardage and he's been pretty reliable getting it since he's become the featured back.

LOVE it.

I'll interrupt this yuckfest to make sure you are all aware that the only time a Denver RB has averaged more than 2.5 ypc in any game was Moreno's 15 for 60 against Jax (who is allowing 4.3 ypc on the season). Moreno then followed that up with a 24 for 51 against Seattle.

Clearly the problems in Denver extend beyond the RBs. :coffee:

I'll interrupt this yuckfest to make sure you are all aware that the only time a Denver RB has averaged more than 2.5 ypc in any game was Moreno's 15 for 60 against Jax (who is allowing 4.3 ypc on the season). Moreno then followed that up with a 24 for 51 against Seattle.

True, but Maroney is still worst on the roster at 1.3 behind BUCKHALTER at 1.8 and Moreno :coffee:

Benjie is definitely showing some good stuff. If he can keep it up against the Ravens we may really have something good with this kid. As others have pointed out he always turns upfield and gets that extra 2-3 yards when he sees he's going to get hit.

<<
When Taylor comes back, it will be a nasty 3 headed monster with each a real change-up for the defense to adjust to.
>>

Too bad we won't have Faulk back this year but Woodhead is doing ok so far. I can't really judge him on pass blocking yet, but he's taking the touches Faulk got and having similar or better success with them.

Benjie is definitely showing some good stuff. If he can keep it up against the Ravens we may really have something good with this kid. As others have pointed out he always turns upfield and gets that extra 2-3 yards when he sees he's going to get hit.

<<
When Taylor comes back, it will be a nasty 3 headed monster with each a real change-up for the defense to adjust to.
>>

Too bad we won't have Faulk back this year but Woodhead is doing ok so far. I can't really judge him on pass blocking yet, but he's taking the touches Faulk got and having similar or better success with them.

2 TD's in 2 games.

Time to turn the corner.

The kid is FAR more explosive at this point. His speed and acceleration gaining significant yardage that realistically Faulk wouldn't have picked up.

Lomo will be out of the NFL before the end of the 2011 season. Book it.

He may go to Canada or Arena league or some shit but he will be out of football by the end of next season.

Lomo will be out of the NFL before the end of the 2011 season. Book it.

He may go to Canada or Arena league or some shit but he will be out of football by the end of next season.

I couldn't care where he goes now that NE has given up on him. Benny is running very well and you were right that the Pats wouldn't miss a beat.

I just don't understand why people feel so compelled to thrash guys. What is the attraction to being the first to declare someone a bust? Why does anyone feel the need to state the obvious that Benny is doing better than LoMo is in Denver? Let it go already.

You just wait, Maroney will do better in a better system.

There was no better system for Maroney than what he had in NE. He's just not a very good runningback.

Back