BJGE is the real deal!

It was against the Buffalo Bills....I'm not going to put him in the HOF until he does this against a team with a defense.

It was against the Buffalo Bills....I'm not going to put him in the HOF until he does this against a team with a defense.
Buffalo has always had a good defense - early in the season before the injury toll mounts up. Their depth sucks, but they can put together some obscenely good defensive games and I wasn't in the least surprised by the D. Their O has needed a true Quarterback, they've got the talent everywhere else, thank goodness for limited QB options in the NFL.

Buffalo has always had a good defense - early in the season before the injury toll mounts up. Their depth sucks, but they can put together some obscenely good defensive games and I wasn't in the least surprised by the D. Their O has needed a true Quarterback, they've got the talent everywhere else, thank goodness for limited QB options in the NFL.
I was surprised by how little we saw of Maybin, after this long and for as high as he was picked, I expected more out of him by now.

In years past I'd agree, but I'm fairly certain they are near the bottom 3 or 4 teams in the league in rushing defense....

He had a nice game, I'm just not sure when freddy & Sammy get hurt, he's going to get it done.

Mike Cloud looked really good in his first couple games when he was a Patriot... :coffee:

You beat me to it.

One game hardly makes him a HOFer but I hope to hell he can keep it up. We could use that running game. Color me skeptical at this point but if he can string a bunch of games like that together then TFB isn't going to have to chuck it up to Moss so much.

Watching some of those drives where they actually stuck with the run [in the second half no less!] was very comforting.

BJGE's vision is phenominal and he weaves through a crease with the best of 'em. But for a supposed power guy, he doesn't quite bully people nearly as much as people seem to think. Near the end of this game he was able to push through a couple guys, but that defense was gassed.

I like him and think he is a strong #3 and even a potentially solid #2, but by no means is he an answer.

Interestingly enough, I had a dream last night that NE drafted not one, but two first round RBs next year.

You beat me to it.

One game hardly makes him a HOFer but I hope to hell he can keep it up.

Yup, let's not forget that Maroney's first great game also came against the Bills. Let's hope this RB can keep it going.

Buffalo has had a good pass defense the last few years because there run defense has been horrible and team would rather run all over them rather than risk a decent secondary making plays against them. If BJGE can replicate a similar performance next week then we can start talking

BJGE's vision is phenominal and he weaves through a crease with the best of 'em. But for a supposed power guy, he doesn't quite bully people nearly as much as people seem to think. Near the end of this game he was able to push through a couple guys, but that defense was gassed.

I like him and think he is a strong #3 and even a potentially solid #2, but by no means is he an answer.

Interestingly enough, I had a dream last night that NE drafted not one, but two first round RBs next year.

PLEASE, dear God, sweet Jesus, Mother Mary and all that's holy NO!

NO!

NO!

NO!

Legit.

Pass.

Rush.

/off pulpit

<<
IIRC the Bills were #2 against the pass last season, so it's not like they're totally horrible.

Yeah, but weren't they 30th against the rush last year?
>>

It really doesn't matter that one single aspect of the team was decent last year, because other than that they absolutely sucked.

Their offense made a pop warner team look powerful. At 8 or 9 games in last year they only had 3 TD passes between Edwards and Fitzpatrick against something like 10 INTs. Their run D was awful which is part of why their pass D was rated so highly, people didn't need to throw against them very much. Their special teams which always used to be really good no longer are.

The Bills just plain suck donkey balls. So I'll say it again. When BJGE does this against 3 or 4 good teams in a row I'll believe it. Until then I'll be quite happy to see Taylor remain uninjured and starting.

<<
IIRC the Bills were #2 against the pass last season, so it's not like they're totally horrible.

>>

It really doesn't matter that one single aspect of the team was decent last year, because other than that they absolutely sucked.

Their offense made a pop warner team look powerful. At 8 or 9 games in last year they only had 3 TD passes between Edwards and Fitzpatrick against something like 10 INTs. Their run D was awful which is part of why their pass D was rated so highly, people didn't need to throw against them very much. Their special teams which always used to be really good no longer are.

The Bills just plain suck donkey balls. So I'll say it again. When BJGE does this against 3 or 4 good teams in a row I'll believe it. Until then I'll be quite happy to see Taylor remain uninjured and starting.

I agree that bad run d makes your pass d look better and vice versa sometimes (like with Miami the year JT won DPOY and the Fins' run D was horrible, it made their pass D look good and made it more amazing he had double digit sacks with fewer opportunities)but the Bills secondary was legit ballhawks last year. This is a team that has let go of a bunch guys over the years on defense who are/were still pretty darned good players for years afterwards like London Fletcher, Jabari Greer, Nate Clements, Antoine Winfield, Takeo Spikes, etc.

Mike Cloud looked really good in his first couple games when he was a Patriot... :coffee:
Well, he looked good his first game, anyway, against the Titans. But this wasn't BJGE's first game as a Pat, so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make? That had we kept CLoud for 3 years he'd be as good as BJGE was yesterday?

BJGE has been working hard for three years to be the guy who is "emerging from nowhere"

Well, he looked good his first game, anyway, against the Titans. But this wasn't BJGE's first game as a Pat, so I'm not sure what point you are trying to make? That had we kept CLoud for 3 years he'd be as good as BJGE was yesterday?

BJGE has been working hard for three years to be the guy who is "emerging from nowhere"

Well I think the point is there have been others have have flashed ability over the years only to disappear for good a little while later. With Freddy's toe issue, LawFirm very well may get his chance to prove he isn't one of those guys.

SSDD

<<

>>

Do we really have to make excuses for our own team doing well?:blink:

Well I think the point is there have been others have have flashed ability over the years only to disappear for good a little while later. With Freddy's toe issue, LawFirm very well may get his chance to prove he isn't one of those guys.

SSDD
I see what you mean. I guess I just don't see BJGE as flashing ability, exactly the opposite. He has been building slowly and gradually. (Very slowly, alas.)

But sure, to the other poster's point, he could easily have had his best game of his career and from this point on spiral down and disappear without a trace.

I don't think so, though. He's been solid if unspectacular for way too long to be a flash in the pan. I don't think he will ever be a star HoF type player. But I do think he can provide solid journeyman running. If he can learn to pick up blitzes, he may do even better.

Back