Brady Banner Coming Down

patfan64

Generally Aware
Reaction score
Edict from Goodell or is it really a distraction?

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports...immediately-defends-rob-gronkowski-treatment/

GLENDALE, Ariz. — The Patriots are putting an end to the two-week hype over the Tom Brady banner at Gillette Stadium.
Speaking on the team’s radio pregame show, team president Jonathan Kraft announced that as soon as the Patriots kickoff with the Cardinals 2,500 miles away, a construction crew will begin to take down the two-sided banner and the two No. 12 placards at the top of the north end light house.

“Tonight there’s a construction crew assembled at Gillette, and when the game starts, the banner and the number will come down,” Kraft said. “No one in the organization, and Tom would be leading the pack, would want anything to take away from the games once they have started. It’s just a way to let him know that everybody loves him and has his back and we don’t feel he was treated fairly.

“I want to put this in perspective. Tom Brady, he’s the longest tenured Patriot in history. This will be his 17th season with the club. Steve Grogan was the prior longest-tenured player. So 17 years out of our 57th season, he has played in 17 seasons. In those 17 seasons, the Patriots have won 43 percent of all games, regular season and postseason, all all games won in franchise history. We’re a team, an organization and a family.

“When somebody is your longest-tenured member, who has not only won those games but won four Super Bowls and you feel as an organization or as a family that somebody hasn’t been treated fairly, for us, we wanted to do something to symbolize that we are a family and he’s not going to be with us for the start of the season. And so, for that window of time, between the end of the preseason and today, we wanted to symbolize that he’s very much on everybody’s mind and we love him.

Honestly I raised an eyebrow at that explanation when I read it last night.

If that was the plan all along, why not put it out there when the banner went up?

It honestly sounds like pressure from somewhere else caused them to cave. Could be wrong, but I don't think anyone would see the banner as a distraction or taking focus off team. It would symbolize TB being at Gillette where he belongs until he can officially return.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

^my thought too mikie. The pats are fully capable of ignoring the noise, but I would think Bill would prefer not to be subject to the media's incessant harping on the poster while ignoring football. I for one don't want to listen to that stupid ****.

Loved the gesture.

I'm more than OK with removing it.

I WOULD be disappointed if it were mandated by the league with a don't tell anyone or we'll ..... By the way, has anyone said "... **** you Rodger" lately?

Cheers. BostonTim

Honestly I raised an eyebrow at that explanation when I read it last night.

If that was the plan all along, why not put it out there when the banner went up?

It honestly sounds like pressure from somewhere else caused them to cave. Could be wrong, but I don't think anyone would see the banner as a distraction or taking focus off team. It would symbolize TB being at Gillette where he belongs until he can officially return.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

This sounds like a concession from Bill. you can put it up but once the games start get that crap out of here.

No way this was the plan all along.

Either BB said to get it down (JG not needing to stare at it) or dickhead told Mr. Kraft to take it down. One or the other.

I have no doubt that it came from BB and as a result of some unexpected criticism.

Yeah, had to have come from BB. Maybe raised by the captains to be fair to Jimmy and to stress team unity in the here and now? No way the league would have issued a demand to take it down, they know the answer they'd have received.

IF they trade Tom to Cleveland would Goodell allow him to practice with Josh Gordon to get ready for the Patriots week 5?

They are going to have teams offering the stars and the moon for Jimmy in the offseason. The Pats are in such a great spot if he continues to play at this level. They could get a Herschel Walker deal from some sucker franchise desperate for QB.

They are going to have teams offering the stars and the moon for Jimmy in the offseason. The Pats are in such a great spot if he continues to play at this level. They could get a Herschel Walker deal from some sucker franchise desperate for QB.

But do they trade him?? Do they instead designate him as Tom's heir and hold onto him. Let's face it, the Pats will never pull a Colts and flunk a season to get a high draft pick, just won't happen. So if they have a very good, young QB, why not keep him?

But do they trade him?? Do they instead designate him as Tom's heir and hold onto him. Let's face it, the Pats will never pull a Colts and flunk a season to get a high draft pick, just won't happen. So if they have a very good, young QB, why not keep him?
Pats can't keep both so unless Jimmy comes cheap and that will not happen - this audition tape is Emmy award winning. You need to sign some defensive players soon.

It depends how they feel about Brissett. If they like him enough and feel he can develop behind Brady the next couple of years than they get a kings ransom for Jimmy this off-season.

This was the plan all along according to the sense I got from Jonathan Kraft.

No way the NFL FO dictated this sort of minutiae. Honoring players is a time-tested team tradition...all 32 teams do it. I doubt there's a rule in the franchise agreement that says a team can't do it.

I'm not wearing a tinfoil hat on this.

^my thought too mikie. The pats are fully capable of ignoring the noise, but I would think Bill would prefer not to be subject to the media's incessant harping on the poster while ignoring football. I for one don't want to listen to that stupid ****.

Loved the gesture.

I'm more than OK with removing it.

I WOULD be disappointed if it were mandated by the league with a don't tell anyone or we'll ..... By the way, has anyone said "... **** you Rodger" lately?

Cheers. BostonTim

Jimmy G did last night.

Here's what's going to happen. At the end of the season as he enters his final year, his agent is going to want a new contract for big $$. The Pats won't be willing to commit a lot of money and will look to trade him. I think either Jimmy or Brady is gone at the end of next year and I'm not sure they will ever pull the trigger on a Brady trade.

Here's what's going to happen. At the end of the season as he enters his final year, his agent is going to want a new contract for big $$. The Pats won't be willing to commit a lot of money and will look to trade him. I think either Jimmy or Brady is gone at the end of next year and I'm not sure they will ever pull the trigger on a Brady trade.
According to Gary Tanguay (the assclown of assclowns) Tom, and his family, is pissed at BB for mentioning Age of Tom when drafting the QB this year and that Tom took notes and will no longer take team friendly type of deals.

Maybe Tom will ask to be traded.

I don't think BB will trade a young QB that he drafted high, has been in the system and is performing at a high level. On the other hand, his record of getting rid of aging fan-favorite franchise QBs is 2-0. He won't mortgage the future to get maybe one more year from Brady.

:bostoncollegelogo:

Back