Brady Banner Coming Down

I don't think BB will trade a young QB that he drafted high, has been in the system and is performing at a high level. On the other hand, his record of getting rid of aging fan-favorite franchise QBs is 2-0. He won't mortgage the future to get maybe one more year from Brady.

:bostoncollegelogo:

The drafting of Brissett and how he has looked already as a rookie makes me think Bill fleeces a team for Jimmy to set up Brady finals years and stock the team for Jacoby. But what do I know. :shrug_n:

CsJSbSRWYAA_eFA.jpg

:coffee:

I don't think BB will trade a young QB that he drafted high, has been in the system and is performing at a high level. On the other hand, his record of getting rid of aging fan-favorite franchise QBs is 2-0. He won't mortgage the future to get maybe one more year from Brady.

:bostoncollegelogo:

Flipping Brady (like he did with Kosar and Bledsoe) would be Belichick literally gambling his entire reputation. Trading Brady would be legitimately a balsy call. I imagine it would have to be a Herschel Walker like trade.

Flipping Brady (like he did with Kosar and Bledsoe) would be Belichick literally gambling his entire reputation. Trading Brady would be legitimately a balsy call. I imagine it would have to be a Herschel Walker like trade.

JMD will take another head coaching gig. Brady or JC will be traded to his new team. IMO, BB will trade Brady for a 1st and 4th (oh, the irony!) and Brady won't have to learn a new system as he rides off into the sunset. Brady will be well-rested and fired up after not playing any games this year. :stirpot:

Edit: I meant JG. It is easy to confuse him with the Messiah, though.

JMD will take another head coaching gig. Brady or JC will be traded to his new team. IMO, BB will trade Brady for a 1st and 4th (oh, the irony!) and Brady won't have to learn a new system as he rides off into the sunset. Brady will be well-rested and fired up after not playing any games this year. :stirpot:

They will need more than a 1st and a 4th for Brady. They should hold out for 2firsts and a fourth (to get the Spygate pick back, too).

FYI, the next HC of the NEP (post BB) will be Matt Patricia. No doubt in my mind.

According to Gary Tanguay (the assclown of assclowns) Tom, and his family, is pissed at BB for mentioning Age of Tom when drafting the QB this year and that Tom took notes and will no longer take team friendly type of deals.

Maybe Tom will ask to be traded.

ROFL ROFL ROFL

As though Tanguay would know jack shit about how TB12 and family are feeling. He's the king of the assclowns in a very long list.

FYI, the next HC of the NEP (post BB) will be Matt Patricia. No doubt in my mind.

agreed. I still think the defense this year will be elite, at the very least as good as the one the Donkeys put on the field last year.

They will need more than a 1st and a 4th for Brady. They should hold out for 2firsts and a fourth (to get the Spygate pick back, too).

I agree, the Rocket Scientist will be your next HC of the NEP

I know he has done it and he is as cold as a frozen scalpel but I just don't see BB trading TB. He may manufacture a scenario to have it go a certain way when the decline happens, but I don't see him sending TB off for picks before then.

Now if TB declines and refuses to acknowledge it, then that is another story. It lets BB off the hook and then we could see TB in a KC uniform (or wherever).

Call me naive.

I think the probability is high that Brady has a no-trade clause.

Sent from my Enigma Device

I think a lot depends on how BB feels about Brissett AND how Tom performs when he comes back.

Obviously we're all assuming Brady comes back and continues where he left off, still looking like he's in his prime and a top QB in this league. But the old age decline can be pretty sudden from what we've seen elsewhere. No one wants to see it happen, but there's obviously a chance that it happens this year. If Tom has a seriously down year, perhaps then the decision about what to do with Jimmy gets much tougher?

If Tom does what we all expect and lights it up, I expect them to fleece another team for a hefty fee while grooming Brissett to take over in 1-3 years.

I think a lot depends on how BB feels about Brissett AND how Tom performs when he comes back.

Obviously we're all assuming Brady comes back and continues where he left off, still looking like he's in his prime and a top QB in this league. But the old age decline can be pretty sudden from what we've seen elsewhere. No one wants to see it happen, but there's obviously a chance that it happens this year. If Tom has a seriously down year, perhaps then the decision about what to do with Jimmy gets much tougher?

If Tom does what we all expect and lights it up, I expect them to fleece another team for a hefty fee while grooming Brissett to take over in 1-3 years.

Usually a decline is associated with an injury in most cases. So at this point I do not see that being an issue.

Tom missing a month at his age is a very good thing indeed. By December he should really be hitting his stride and in good nick all things considered.

Pats can't keep both so unless Jimmy comes cheap and that will not happen - this audition tape is Emmy award winning. You need to sign some defensive players soon.

Polo IS cheap for two more years. By that time Brady may be becoming a reserve/sub QB with a re-negotiated salary to match. BB always pays for what you are, and can do; and not what you USED to do. How many QBs are starters at 42? Who says you can't keep both?

The Pats and BB don't need draft picks. Except for two, a BIG, good sized LOT, who can groom at ROT, and maybe a big time RB. :huh::huh:

The Pats and BB don't need draft picks.

Maybe not NEED need. but Bill will decide what's best and if he decides it's trade JG, he'll get as much value as he can. Say (for example only) he did trade with Cleveland and ends up with a top three draft pick. And say there are 3 or four serviceable QBs coming out. Bill loves stockpiling picks to be used to target specific players on his board (as we all know). Imagine what he could get for that, and for what he could get with what he could get for that, etc.
Bill could turn something like this into a terrific magic show. He's a draft alchemist in my mind.

Cheers

Maybe not NEED need. but Bill will decide what's best and if he decides it's trade JG, he'll get as much value as he can. Say (for example only) he did trade with Cleveland and ends up with a top three draft pick. And say there are 3 or four serviceable QBs coming out. Bill loves stockpiling picks to be used to target specific players on his board (as we all know). Imagine what he could get for that, and for what he could get with what he could get for that, etc.
Bill could turn something like this into a terrific magic show. He's a draft alchemist in my mind.

Cheers

If Jimmy plays like I think he can for the next 3 weeks, I'm thinking Herschel Walker deal 2.0.

According to Gary Tanguay (the assclown of assclowns) Tom, and his family, is pissed at BB for mentioning Age of Tom when drafting the QB this year and that Tom took notes and will no longer take team friendly type of deals.

Maybe Tom will ask to be traded.

Maybe we could trade Tanguay. :banghead:

Polo IS cheap for two more years. By that time Brady may be becoming a reserve/sub QB with a re-negotiated salary to match. BB always pays for what you are, and can do; and not what you USED to do. How many QBs are starters at 42? Who says you can't keep both?

The Pats and BB don't need draft picks. Except for two, a BIG, good sized LOT, who can groom at ROT, and maybe a big time RB. :huh::huh:
one more year then a team can match or sign him, remember Curtis Martin?

In the National Football League, a restricted free agent (RFA) is one with three accrued seasons (six or more regular season games with a team)[1] of service, who has received a "qualifying" offer (a salary level predetermined by the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the league and its players, known as a "tender") from his current club. He can negotiate with any club through a certain date. If the restricted free agent accepts an offer sheet from a new club, his old club has "right of first refusal," a five-day period in which it may match the offer and retain him, or choose not to match the offer, in which case it may receive one or more draft picks for the upcoming draft from the player's new club. If an offer sheet is not executed, the player's rights revert to his old club the day after negotiations must end.

Tender amounts[edit]

In 2007, a second-round tender offer was added, and after the 2011 lockout, the top tender was removed. The three tender amounts for 2013 are as follows:[2]

Tender amount

Compensation required

$2.879 million First-round
$2.023 million Second-round
$1.323 million Determined by RFA's original draft status (see below)

Each player that signs a tender receives the guaranteed one-year salary that corresponds to the tender level. Teams which choose not to match an offer on a player with a low tender receive a draft pick corresponding to the round in which the player was originally drafted (except that the highest pick that can be surrendered for such a tender is a second-round pick). For example, a player who was originally drafted in the sixth round of the NFL Draft would force the team signing him to give his former team a sixth-round pick in the upcoming draft as compensation for his service. No compensation is required for an undrafted player on the lowest tender amount, so teams with valued undrafted RFAs are taking a notable risk by offering such tenders. (The top tender prior to 2011 required first- and third-round picks as compensation.)

Examples of possible outcomes[edit]

In addition to the following outcomes, if a player does not receive an offer sheet from his original team, he becomes an unrestricted free agent. If a player signs the offer sheet from his original team, he remains with that team.
Team declining to match offer sheet. Carolina Panthers cornerback Ricky Manning, Jr. was a restricted free agent in the 2006 offseason. Based on the tender placed on Manning by the Panthers, the team would receive a third-round pick in the NFL Draft if Manning signed with another team. On April 21, the Chicago Bears signed Manning to an offer sheet - a five-year contract worth up to $23 million. Although the Panthers had a full week to decide if they wanted to match the offer sheet, they announced on April 24 that they would not match. At this time, Manning became a member of the Bears and the Panthers received a third-round draft choice in the 2006 draft from Chicago.
Team matching offer sheet. Arizona Cardinals offensive guard Reggie Wells was a restricted free agent in the 2006 offseason. On March 17, the Buffalo Bills signed him to an offer sheet - a five-year deal worth approximately $18 million. Four days later on March 21, the Cardinals matched the Bills' offer sheet for Wells, and he reverted to the Cardinals.
Team consummating a trade. The Miami Dolphins offered wide receiver Wes Welker a second-round tender in 2007. Although it was widely rumored that the New England Patriots would offer Welker a seven-year, $35 million deal, the Patriots ultimately traded their second- and seventh-round draft picks to the Dolphins for Welker, signing Welker to a five-year, $18 million contract.
from wiki but seems correct

Back