Enough of the Bye Week, the 'Boys are coming to town

I think that game was like, 48-21 or something IIRC.

That was the first real "running up the score" bitching I remember from that season, because they were still throwing late in that one.

Of course, Dallas talked shit prior to the game, and ESPN predicted Dallas would win, because, reasons. :shrug:

It was 48-27, not as much of a blowout as we remember. That game was close into the 2nd half. Dallas was actually leading early in the 3rd quarter, 24-21. The Pats worked up a 14 point lead with 4 minutes to go. The crying was over Eckel scoring with 19 seconds left rather than Brady taking a knee.

Well good, they've already got their excuses lined up.

I imagine the team does too. If the Patriots manage to go up 14-0, the Cowboys will tap out. There's a decent amount of quit on that team.

The Patriots will be back in business after an off-week, and they're expected to make short work of the Cowboys. Tom Brady and co. are installed as 9-point road favorites despite a poor 1-4-1 against the spread record in their last six games after the bye, according to the OddsShark NFL Database.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/10/05/nf...s-patriots-colts-packers-chiefs?xid=si_social

From the Dallas News.

Two wins, two losses, and a date with one of the NFL's hottest teams.
That's where the Brandon Weeden-led Dallas Cowboys stand as they prepare to face the defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots on Sunday.
Here's 10 things to know about this week's opponent:
1. Tom Brady still plays like Tom Brady
Before his Deflategate suspension was overturned, this was going to be the final game he would have missed, denying the NFL fans the highly-anticipated Brady-Romo matchup. Little did everyone know, instead of the then projected Romo-Garoppolo matchup, everyone now gets to see the clash of Brady vs. Weeden instead.
More good news for Cowboys fans, in Brady's first three games of the season, he has thrown for 1,112 yards, nine touchdowns, and no interceptions - earning him AFC Player of the Month for September.
2. Tom Brady was watching the Cowboys Sunday night (Uggs and all)
Brady posted this picture to his Facebook page Sunday night during the Saints/Cowboys game.
Back at it tomorrow... All eyes on the Cowboys
Posted by Tom Brady on Sunday, October 4, 2015

3. The Saints-Patriots connection
Last week, the Patriots traded tight end Michael Hoomanawanui to the Saints for defensive lineman Akiem Hicks.
Hicks was a starter on New Orleans' defensive line for the past three seasons, and it remains to be seen if he will be available for New England against the Cowboys.
4. Who is Dion Lewis?
1444105871-490321034.jpg
A fifth-round pick of the Philadephia Eagles in 2011, suffered a broken leg as a Cleveland Brown in 2013 and was cut by the team after training camp in 2014, Dion Lewis found a home in New England attempting to replace departing running backs Shane Vereen and Stevan Ridley.
From 2011-2014, Lewis gained a total of 192 yards and scored two touchdowns.
In the first three games of 2015, he has 325 total yards and has also scored two touchdowns.
He plays just as big a role as a receiver for the Patriots as he does a runner. He has carried the ball 30 times while catching 15 passes out fo the backfield.
5. This will be the Patriots first trip to AT&T Stadium
Actually, it's their first trip to Texas to play the Cowboys since 2007 when Dallas became victim number six on New England's quest to match the undefeated season of the '72 Dolphins.
They went 18-0 before falling to the New York Giants in Super Bowl XLII.
6. New England's injuries on the offensive line
Starting center Bryan Stork and starting right guard Ryan Wendell (who could return this week) have yet to play a game this season for New England.
In the meantime, the Patriots have played three rookies along their offensive line.
It hasn't seemed to slow down the offense. They're still scoring almost 40 points per game.
7. LaFell = PUP
New England's biggest deep threat, wide receiver Brandon LaFell, has been on the Patriots PUP list all year, and is not allowed to return until Week 7.
While Rob Gronkowski causes most of the nightmares in defending New England's receivers, the absence of LaFell will hopefully provide some relief for the Cowboys secondary.
8. Bill Belichick isn't overlooking Brandon Weeden or the Cowboys
1444106091-461297514.jpg
In an interview with WEEI, Belichick said:
"I thought he did a good job for them last week," Belichick said of Weeden. "It obviously didn'™t quite work out there but they moved the ball, they scored a lot of points. He did a good job of getting the ball to his outlet receivers, used the backs well."
"They had a lot of production. He's an experienced player," Belichick said. "They have a great offensive line. They have good skill players. They have really good backs, a lot of depth in their backfield. I think he's done a good job of utilizing those guys. They're a good football team. I know they've lost a couple key players, but they'll be getting some more guys back next week, and they've got a lot of players to work with.
"It's going to be a big challenge for us. They're very good in the kicking game, tough team defensively, and a lot of explosive players on the offensive side of the ball. It will be tough."
9. Lackluster run defense
Besides holding the Jacksonville Jaguars to just 57 yards rushing in Week 3, the Patriots gave up 134 and 160 rushing yards to Pittsburgh and Buffalo, respectively.
This week could be an opporunity for the Cowboys running backs by committee to get back on track.
10. Bye, Bye, Bye
Since 2000, New England has gone 11-4 after bye weeks under Bill Belichick.
However, two of those losses have come in the last four years, with the most recent one coming against another NFC opponent - the Carolina Panthers in Week 11 of the 2013 season.
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...cluding-how-tom-brady-spends-his-bye-week.ece

9. Lackluster run defense
Besides holding the Jacksonville Jaguars to just 57 yards rushing in Week 3, the Patriots gave up 134 and 160 rushing yards to Pittsburgh and Buffalo, respectively.
This week could be an opporunity for the Cowboys running backs by committee to get back on track.

I think this is the kind of shit that really drives me up a wall. They were in control of both of these games the whole way through. Granted, Shittsburgh was running the ball effectively the whole game, but Buffalo was behind by 3 scores most of the way until that abortion of a 4th quarter. Sometimes, when you have a huge lead, you're more than happy to let the other team move the ball on the ground and eat up the clock. How is this seemingly such a difficult concept to grasp? It's why defensive stats are such crap- they're based on total yards allowed.

The Boyz fans are already whining about injuries. Acting like nobody else has ever suffered like them. :rolleyes: A JV team rollout! ROFL

The pats went to the AFC championship game with one heathly WR Edelman. Amendola was playing on a partially torn groin muscle. Dobson a broken foot. Hooman & mulligan were there TE's. A pathwork defense that got worse once Welker took out talib.

From Dallas forum:

I'm excited to watch Brandon Weeden and the Dallas Cripples blow out Tom Brady and the Patriots. It's gonna be biblical.

ROFL

So will the Cowboys be the first team. That says there going to jam & give over the top coverage to gronk. Gronk loves those steam routes.

The only concern I have, and it really shouldn't be a concern considering our coach, but with the Colts on the horizon and payback on the players minds they may overlook an injured and depleted Dallas team.

In saying that, the Saint's are not a very good football team and Bree's had a pretty consistent night throwing the ball against them so that's not a good sign for that Dallas D with Brady coming to town. Also, the Saint's start a crap load of rookies on defense and were able to hold the Cowboys to not much in the way of points.

The only concern I have, and it really shouldn't be a concern considering our coach, but with the Colts on the horizon and payback on the players minds they may overlook an injured and depleted Dallas team.

In saying that, the Saint's are not a very good football team and Bree's had a pretty consistent night throwing the ball against them so that's not a good sign for that Dallas D with Brady coming to town. Also, the Saint's start a crap load of rookies on defense and were able to hold the Cowboys to not much in the way of points.

Stop it.

The Patriots don't have trap games. And if they did, it wouldn't be this one, a chance to shove it straight up Jerry Jones' keister.

If anything, Jonathan's going to be doing a little pregame speech, I bet.

Back