Etiquette party/ Food opinions needed

You know you could stand behind her next time and just comment how wide her ass is getting as she bends over in the fridge and suggest she grab the bagged salad...

You know you could stand behind her next time and just comment how wide her ass is getting as she bends over in the fridge and suggest she grab the bagged salad...

Every time my wife bends over, I simulate a sex act. I'd try that on the sister-in-law to see what her reaction is. Either she'll never to in the fridge again, or you have a big problem:coffee:

I have a brother (not Jerry) whose brother-in-law is a total jackass.

This year he shows up at the house for Thanksgiving with a nice bottle of wine which he brought for himself to drink because he loves himself and deserves the best. He kept it hidden lest somebody get confused.

Afterwards, he took a big batch of leftovers home.

My brother wants to destroy him but his own wife begs him to let it go and stay totally away from her brother for family peace reasons. It's a complicated detente.

That's a bad situation to be in. To see something so dysfunctional as this dude's behavior (he does this and worse every time like clockwork) but to be made to feel like you are in the wrong if you tell him to phuck off or worse.

I have a brother (not Jerry) whose brother-in-law is a total jackass.

This year he shows up at the house for Thanksgiving with a nice bottle of wine which he brought for himself to drink because he loves himself and deserves the best. He kept it hidden lest somebody get confused.

Afterwards, he took a big batch of leftovers home.

My brother wants to destroy him but his own wife begs him to let it go and stay totally away from her brother for family peace reasons. It's a complicated detente.

That's a bad situation to be in. To see something so dysfunctional as this dude's behavior (he does this and worse every time like clockwork) but to be made to feel like you are in the wrong if you tell him to phuck off or worse.

Family peace is overriden and overruled by my own self-centered need to feel better about a situation that sucks and to keep my own sanity. I don't think people that exhibit bad behavior should get away with it. And if you want to feel better about telling them off, you can tell them that you're saying this for their own benefit so others won't hate them as much as you do.

My story this Thanksgiving is that after spending my entire adult life sharing the holiday with my brother, SIL, niece, nephew and their spouses and children, along with my own, and suffering through judgmental crap and comments that they all know are my triggers for their own amusement, I decided to break tradition and have my own Thanksgiving, no family except my daughter and her husband, and a boatload of friends. It was spectacular! Football, friends, turkey, and absolutely no family crap. I truly was the black sheep that they always said I was.

I'm sure the rest of the family had a lovely Thanksgiving without me. :D

When I was dating my wife 20 years ago, she would take her clothes off in front of me(probably 16-17 years old) for attention I guess, so respect for her sister or others just often has not been there.

I have no clue how this relates to the topic or your story, but I approve of this content. :thumb:

Edit: oh, the SIL would have gotten nekkid. ROFL

Host keeps leftovers, even more so if the groceries were bought by host.

Host may offer guests a "take-home" plate, but that is entirely discretionary.

Guest who bring dishware should pick up dishes at later date.

Exactly this.

haha how does he manage this ? What a completely horrible sounding person.

It gets worse. This alleged adult has a sibling who was in the hospital with a very serious illness recently. Did he do the decent thing and visit? Offer whatever support he could?

Nah. He never went in because he said that hospitals upset him and give him bad memories. This after the sibling I mentioned had held a successful fund-raiser for this POS's daughter who had the same serious illness. True story.

I'll quit there, but there is a ton more. Somehow his family has allowed him to pull this crap his entire life and now the only thing that can cure him is for some selfless individual outside the family bosom to smash his face in.

I think I know of a solid candidate.

I deal with this constantly. MSI lives in our in-law apartment. Her daughter and little bastard son come over constantly and act like they own the place, and when I explode, you guessed it, I'm the bad guy.

My advise to anyone who will listen ,never buy a house with an in-law apartment. My next house won't even have a spare bedroom.

It gets worse. This alleged adult has a sibling who was in the hospital with a very serious illness recently. Did he do the decent thing and visit? Offer whatever support he could?

Nah. He never went in because he said that hospitals upset him and give him bad memories. This after the sibling I mentioned had held a successful fund-raiser for this POS's daughter who had the same serious illness. True story.

I'll quit there, but there is a ton more. Somehow his family has allowed him to pull this crap his entire life and now the only thing that can cure him is for some selfless individual outside the family bosom to smash his face in.

I think I know of a solid candidate.

Wow, incredible.

I deal with this constantly. MSI lives in our in-law apartment. Her daughter and little bastard son come over constantly and act like they own the place, and when I explode, you guessed it, I'm the bad guy.

My advise to anyone who will listen ,never buy a house with an in-law apartment. My next house won't even have a spare bedroom.
Bingo!:thumb:

Every time my wife bends over, I simulate a sex act. I'd try that on the sister-in-law to see what her reaction is. Either she'll never to in the fridge again, or you have a big problem:coffee:

Simulate??????

:coffee:

But as others have said, one simply doesn't open a fridge in someone else's home, uninvited, and grab anything, regardless of what day of the year it is.

boromir.jpg

Family peace is overriden and overruled by my own self-centered need to feel better about a situation that sucks and to keep my own sanity. I don't think people that exhibit bad behavior should get away with it. And if you want to feel better about telling them off, you can tell them that you're saying this for their own benefit so others won't hate them as much as you do.

My story this Thanksgiving is that after spending my entire adult life sharing the holiday with my brother, SIL, niece, nephew and their spouses and children, along with my own, and suffering through judgmental crap and comments that they all know are my triggers for their own amusement, I decided to break tradition and have my own Thanksgiving, no family except my daughter and her husband, and a boatload of friends. It was spectacular! Football, friends, turkey, and absolutely no family crap. I truly was the black sheep that they always said I was.

I'm sure the rest of the family had a lovely Thanksgiving without me. :D

I'll tell ya what Lisa good for you. I'm nearing a similar decision.
My siblings are somewhat scattered. A brother in CT, not that far, and a sister in NYC. I have a brother locally also. My mom is very aged and especially the last 3 or 4 years it's increasingly hard to travel. For 25 years we[ve alternated Christmas time get togethers between me and the CT brother. The nearby brother has yet to host a holiday event ever, leaving it more to the others to bear the burden, and the expense and effort, of doing one of these shindigs. This is primarily due to his wife being a lazy bitch, and him not having the stones to stand up and do the right thing. The last few years the excuse has been that his house has no downstairs bathroom, and my Mom can't do stairs anymore, so there you go. No mention of the reason for the preceding 21 years of laziness and rudeness.
This year I said "screw this" and secretly decided to take my wife and kids on a cruise for Christmas, leaving the rest of 'em to pound sand and figure out what to do.
But then my wife, God bless her, points out that my Mom loves it more than anything else when we are all together with her, and she hasn't many Christmas's left, and the fact of the matter is that ours is the only house that can accomodate Mom in her fragile state. So.. we're doing Christmas.. again. It's for my Mom. But I swear, once my Mom passes someday... never again.. never.
Can't wait to hear the SIL comment "oh, your house is so clean and it looks great!"... No shit, bitch, we took two vacation days to clean it and shop and cook this freaking spread.... And you did what? Hit the liquor store on the way over?
Last year we emailed everyone and asked them to tell us what they could bring for food..of course no reply from this one. So the wife and daughter bake up a storm and do a bunch of pies.. and SIL shows up with.... an apple pie. Gee... thanks for the heads up.
She's not a mean or spiteful woman, just dumber than a box of hammers, and has no class. Oh well.
My other siblings and their spouses are the salt of the earth.. always helping and since they don't live near here, it ain't exactly easy to bring a dish but they always manage to do something. And they say thank you.

Once my parents passed I passed on my siblings and the holidays. **** them and their bullshit. That's why I cook for firemen or soldiers away from home. Are we all part of the same asshole family?
Posted via Mobile Device

Back