Gronk appears ok, most likely not a torn ACL and MCL

Pats did not agree, they were forced into it by the leaks in the Drunkowski family bus

I don't think so. The Pats are never forced into anything. Honestly, I don't think it is a big deal that so many here seem to make it out to be. The injury was always day to day, week to week so the release just says it is TBD.

Belichick was asked about the team releasing a joint statement. He seems pretty irritated to me.....

<iframe src="http://vplayer.nbcsports.com/p/FZZQDC/newengland/select/media/dNvgPYHpR7lZ?parentUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.csnne.com%2Fnew-england-patriots%2Fbelichick-gronkowski-release-trying-be-cooperative&t=8" width="624" height="351" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

I don't think so. The Pats are never forced into anything. Honestly, I don't think it is a big deal that so many here seem to make it out to be. The injury was always day to day, week to week so the release just says it is TBD.

They would be forced into it if Gordo won't keep his yap shut

Belichick was asked about the team releasing a joint statement. He seems pretty irritated to me.....

<iframe src="http://vplayer.nbcsports.com/p/FZZQDC/newengland/select/media/dNvgPYHpR7lZ?parentUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.csnne.com%2Fnew-england-patriots%2Fbelichick-gronkowski-release-trying-be-cooperative&t=8" width="624" height="351" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Woah.......now that is seriously p***ed off..

I thought I'd heard just the opposite - he's never touched a game check. Lives frugally by athlete standards, just spending endorsement dough.

That's what I thought I'd read at least.
That doesn't say anything about his father.

:coffee:

Woah.......now that is seriously p***ed off..

Man, I hope all this crap that this year that BB has had to deal with does not drive him away into early retirement. (I don't mean just this Gronk thing)

I'm just glad to know I am not the only one who feels this way.

What I know is that both Amendola and Hightower - both made of glass guys, I think we'd all agree - both have MCL sprains, which are typically 2-6 week injuries depending on severity and pain tolerance.

Amendola missed last week, Hightower missed a half-plus.

Both were at practice today. Both.

Gronkowski has a bone bruise. He went down like his leg got blown off by a rocket. Carted off the field. The Patriots reported it was a bone bruise. The only people I've heard saying he has a "knee sprain" are Schefter, who pretty obviously got that information from the Gronkowski camp, and from the "joint statement".

If you're a made-of-glass guy, fans can accept that, if they know you're working hard to return from injury, and produce when you return.

Gronkowski won't be back until January, I'm telling you. I've seen this movie before. 2013 he "looked good" in camp/practice. It took him how long to play? Last year, He barely played the first month of the season, despite how "good" he looked in practice, and was a full participant. That was 11 months after an injury that it took 6 months for Welker to return from.

No, Welker wasn't the same at first, but at least teams had to cover him.

It's a case of a player, or at the very least a player's family, that thinks they're more important than the team.

Gronk's a great player. He's not more important than the team. If this keeps up, he'll be a Jet in 2018. I don't know how loudly I'd voice my displeasure at that point, assuming this is the new normal.

Hopefully, I get proved wrong. But I hate this shit.

I'm normally on board for the "**** you" mentality from BB, but that seemed unnecessarily assholish.

What I know is that both Amendola and Hightower - both made of glass guys, I think we'd all agree - both have MCL sprains, which are typically 2-6 week injuries depending on severity and pain tolerance.

Gronkowski has a bone bruise. He went down like his leg got blown off by a rocket. Carted off the field. The Patriots reported it was a bone bruise. The only people I've heard saying he has a "knee sprain" are Schefter, who pretty obviously got that information from the Gronkowski camp, and from the "joint statement".

If you're a made-of-glass guy, fans can accept that, if they know you're working hard to return from injury, and produce when you return.

Gronkowski won't be back until January, I'm telling you. I've seen this movie before. 2013 he "looked good" in camp/practice. It took him how long to play? Last year, He barely played the first month of the season, despite how "good" he looked in practice, and was a full participant. That was 11 months after an injury that it took 6 months for Welker to return from.

It's a case of a player, or at the very least a player's family, that thinks they're more important than the team.

Gronk's a great player. He's not more important than the team. If this keeps up, he'll be a Jet in 2018. I don't know how loudly I'd voice my displeasure at that point, assuming this is the new normal.

I hope you are wrong too.

But I don't think you are.

There is one variable that we're missing here. And that is Bill Belichick. He will not tolerate any player thinking he's above the team and that includes Tom Brady and Gronkowski. If a doctor tells Bill Belichick that Gronkowski can play and Gronkowski's parents keep him from playing Bill Belichick will start docking him paychecks. Bill don't give a f*** if you are the star or the worst player on the team you are not above the team. I'll take this one step further if this happens and he doesn't play till playoff time and he could have played much sooner and cost us home field advantage Bill Belichick will trade him in the offseason.

There is one variable that we're missing here. And that is Bill Belichick. He will not tolerate any player thinking he's above the team and that includes Tom Brady and Gronkowski. If a doctor tells Bill Belichick that Gronkowski can play in Gronkowski's parents keep him from playing Bill Belichick will start docking him paychecks. Bill don't give a f*** if you are the star or the worst player on the team you are not above the team. I'll take this one step further if this happens and he doesn't play till playoff time and he could have played much sooner and cost us home field advantage Bill Belichick will trade him in the offseason.

Gronkowski's already proven that in his case, this isn't true.

He gets to determine when and if he'll play, and, if last year's any indication, how much he'll play.

He gets to determine when and if he'll play, and, if last year's any indication, how much he'll play.

It doesn't help that your offense is significantly less potent without him. He really does have all the leverage in this situation.

I don't agree with this. Every player has different recovery rates regarding MCL ACL operations. I actually had no problem with the timeline and it paid off obviously with a Super Bowl championship. I hope Gronk waits couple more weeks and make sure that bone bruise is good and healed.

The Gronk PR machine is putting this out there to keep his future contract value higher. "It's just a bruise" means less risk than "It's a weakened ACL/MCL."

It doesn't help that your offense is significantly less potent without him. He really does have all the leverage in this situation.

A lot of superstars do get a lot more leeway, however we have Tom Brady the ultimate team guy that can take the shittiest offense in the history of football and make it Super Bowl worthy. Bill Belichick has the ace and that is Tom Brady.

It absolutely will not be acceptable if Gronk waits until January to play. Other injured players are busting a gut to play. Edelman would gladly play on crutches.

Gronk and his PR people are working overtime to try and soften the blow that's he gone for a while. Look at his Facebook post today, The Terminator meme saying "I'll be back". That's not something someone who will be back in two weeks puts out.

I can imagine BB is pretty p***ed off at all this.

Well yeah, that's the thing, there will be no "docking of paychecks".

I don't agree with this. Every player has different recovery rates regarding MCL ACL operations. I actually had no problem with the timeline and it paid off obviously with a Super Bowl championship. I hope Gronk waits couple more weeks and make sure that bone bruise is good and healed.

In a couple of weeks, they could lose a bye because Dr. Daddy Gronkowski doesn't think Rob is "100%"

bmooney54 said:
The Gronk PR machine is putting this out there to keep his future contract value higher. "It's just a bruise" means less risk than "It's a weakened ACL/MCL."

Half right. "It's a weakened ACL/MCL gets put out there to assure future teams that it's really not taking 6 weeks to come back from a bone bruise and surely is something much, much more severe.

Gronk has one problem The Terminator would never dropped like a sack of s*** over a bone bruise and would be back playing this weekend.

Well yeah, that's the thing, there will be no "docking of paychecks".

In a couple of weeks, they could lose a bye because Dr. Daddy Gronkowski doesn't think Rob is "100%"

Half right. "It's a weakened ACL/MCL gets put out there to assure future teams that it's really not taking 6 weeks to come back from a bone bruise and surely is something much, much more severe.
wait what does Gronkowski have a weakened MCL ACL? If so and his family put that out there that would be bad.

Back