Help me out here

Darth Despot

We ass
Reaction score
Website
tokevinwithlove.wordpress.com
Can anyone give me a compelling reason I should refuse to believe anything I read/see/hear from the actual media but I should take as the gospel truth anything a dickhead with a wordpress blog throws up on the internet?

Because this disconnect is starting to make me feel like Bruce Banner with a migraine.

Can anyone give me a compelling reason I should refuse to believe anything I read/see/hear from the actual media but I should take as the gospel truth anything a dickhead with a wordpress blog throws up on the internet?

Because this disconnect is starting to make me feel like Bruce Banner with a migraine.

Well the mainstream are all agenda driven.

The next Izzy Stone could be out there be blogging somewhere as we speak. :shrug:

Cheers, BostonTim

Just to bring this around to fit the forum, one good reason would be Deflategate. Main stream media was horrible on it, but the blogs and tweets were better informed.

The mainstream media is full of shit. Your average blogger is full of shit.

Everybody is full of shit. Believe what your eyes tell you only.

The mainstream media is full of shit. Your average blogger is full of shit.

But my eyes can only see so far...

Local media is more trustworthy than national media which is why I spend a lot of time reading local authors who don't have the same sort of political or biased agendas as the national networks do these days.

For example, Mike Reiss is a local media guy even though he works for ESPN. Mike is a really good source imo as are Tom E, Phil Perry, Rich Hill and Jeff Howe among others. ESPN can go screw.

Eyes, ears, sense of smell......my senses are tied directly to an internal bullshit detector which I use virtually every time I hear or read something.

I'm not saying it's foolproof, but I happen to believe that it is pretty damn accurate.

I don't care what the actual media used is -- I process the message and then decide whether I'm buying it or not.

We are all in the bubble whether we like it or not.

If you're going to create a shadow government, it makes sense to build a few layers between yourself and the general rif raff you're ruling over.

This is true but you'll need someone who can differentiate between the real and fake life forms:coffee:

I am trained to do so but......I may have to have a top tile just saying

~Dee~

This is true but you'll need someone who can differentiate between the real and fake life forms:coffee:

I am trained to do so but......I may have to have a top tile just saying

~Dee~

If it's wearing purple camo, it's not technically alive in the traditional sense. The brain died years ago, but due to an abundance of meth in the system the body is still lumbering around.

Eyes, ears, sense of smell......my senses are tied directly to an internal bullshit detector which I use virtually every time I hear or read something.

I'm not saying it's foolproof, but I happen to believe that it is pretty damn accurate.

I don't care what the actual media used is -- I process the message and then decide whether I'm buying it or not.

I believe you. i mean, you ARE the creator of the Belichicoder.

If you're going to create a shadow government, it makes sense to build a few layers between yourself and the general rif raff you're ruling over.

Naw, I prefer this route.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/spHEw2n9LwE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

But my eyes can only see so far...

than that's as far as your trust should extend. Where I live, even the local media has an agenda. (but I'm in the Baltimore/DC TV market...so no surprise there).

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

If it's wearing purple camo, it's not technically alive in the traditional sense. The brain died years ago, but due to an abundance of meth in the system the body is still lumbering around.

you're assuming there was ever a brain to begin with. More like a bundle of nerve endings controlling basic motor functions.

than that's as far as your trust should extend. Where I live, even the local media has an agenda. (but I'm in the Baltimore/DC TV market...so no surprise there).

---------- Post added at 03:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

you're assuming there was ever a brain to begin with. More like a bundle of nerve endings controlling basic motor functions.

You mean kinda like a worm?:coffee:

~Dee~

Back