Hot Dog- Patriots vs Colts Game Thread in Germany 9:30 AM NFLN

Is there something you could possibly see positive in Mac Jones or is everything he does wrong according to you?

He has a towel over his head. Big deal.

Next thing you might complain about him walking with both feet.

I won't complain about that if they keep on walking right out the door to the unemployment office. Then again, he might be actually what this team needs, same as it has been and the march to a high asset to do with what you want continues.

Thing is, the things Mac does well, are quickly overshadowed by all that he does wrong. Been that way all season long, every start, every drive minus the blind squirrel Bills game. Why point out the good when it doesn't matter in the grand scheme?

I won't complain about that if they keep on walking right out the door to the unemployment office. Then again, he might be actually what this team needs, same as it has been and the march to a high asset to do with what you want continues.

Thing is, the things Mac does well, are quickly overshadowed by all that he does wrong. Been that way all season long, every start, every drive minus the blind squirrel Bills game. Why point out the good when it doesn't matter in the grand scheme?

In other words...

There could be a beautiful skyline with cloud formations a nice breeze, but your focus is on the dog shit on the pavement.

Got it.

It would be nice if Patriots can trade Jones and get something for him but I doubt it so let Jones walk and Zappe start or find another quarterback

In other words...

There could be a beautiful skyline with cloud formations a nice breeze, but your focus is on the dog shit on the pavement.

Got it.

Yeah well any smart person would rather see the dog shit, then be day dreaming and then stepping in it and then needing to deal with all that.

Mac has given me exactly a small handful of hell yeah moments in his tenure here. That just isn't good enough. That last pick is symbolic of his time here, poor decision, easy TD gone.

There is one moment in this game that will last in memory for quite a while. That bizarre short pass for a game-sealing pick by Mac Jones. It
was a clear example of what I've been feeling and talking about with him. The guy has a bad case of the yips. Steve Sax disease. His
mind and body are not working in concert and he just bonks out in situations where NFL QBs are expected to, and often do, handle
the situation and make a play. It could not have been clearer and there was really no way to excuse the play by claiming Gesicki screwed
up or he was pressured by the rush. He just threw a ball that was shorter than needed by about a dozen yards which might as well
have been a hundred.

So, what should Bill do with him now?

I think there is an opportunity to do the right thing here, namely to retain him as our starter despite the fact that Mac is thoroughly
whipped and broken.

Bill isn't stupid. He's not going to do what the Colts did during the "suck for Luck" tank job and start our equivalent of Curtis
Painter, likely Zappe. I hope he's going to lose the honorable way and appear in the process that he is showing faith in his beleaguered franchise QB
who has reached his lowest ebb yet. Quite a feat, that.

Give the ball to Mac after the bye, which will afford an opportunity "work on some things" or at least appear to and then keep losing, baby. While
the Giants game is borderline, none of the games left on the schedule should be considered unloseable. Not for a team that starts
McCorkle Jones.

I don't even hate myself for wishing this any longer. It's like a golden opportunity to tank without tanking and turn the fortunes of
the franchise around with somebody that will not be broken. And has a chance to make all of this misery disappear. The status quo
has gotta go.

So, it's all up to you, Mac. Just do what you do and everything will be golden. And then you can start your career over somewhere else.

It's clear that Mac isn't going to do anything here. I hope they make the change to Zappe with the bye coming up, and see how he does when getting the starters reps. It really can't get any worse than what we've been getting. The defense did their part, but the offense (including Mac) just sucks.

It's clear that Mac isn't going to do anything here. I hope they make the change to Zappe with the bye coming up, and see how he does getting when the starters reps. It really can't get any worse than what we've been getting. The defense did their part, but the offense (including Mac) just sucks.
I want the worst possible QB in there.

That is unequivocally Will Grier.

There is one moment in this game that will last in memory for quite a while. That bizarre short pass for a game-sealing pick by Mac Jones. It
was a clear example of what I've been feeling and talking about with him. The guy has a bad case of the yips. Steve Sax disease. His
mind and body are not working in concert and he just bonks out in situations where NFL QBs are expected to, and often do, handle
the situation and make a play. It could not have been clearer and there was really no way to excuse the play by claiming Gesicki screwed
up or he was pressured by the rush. He just threw a ball that was shorter than needed by about a dozen yards which might as well
have been a hundred.

I think there is an opportunity to do the right thing here, namely to retain him as our starter despite the fact that Mac is thoroughly
whipped and broken.

Bill isn't stupid. He's not going to do what the Colts did during the "suck for Luck" tank job and start our equivalent of Curtis
Painter, likely Zappe. I hope he's going to lose the honorable way and appear in the process that he is showing faith in his beleaguered franchise QB

Give the ball to Mac after the bye, which will afford an opportunity "work on some things" or at least appear to and then keep losing, baby. While
the Giants game is borderline, none of the games left on the schedule should be considered unloseable. Not for a team that starts
McCorkle Jones.

I don't even hate myself for wishing this any longer. It's like a golden opportunity to tank without tanking and turn the fortunes of
the franchise around with somebody that will not be broken. And has a chance to make all of this misery disappear. The status quo
has gotta go.

So, it's all up to you, Mac. Just do what you do and everything will be golden. And then you can start your career over somewhere else.
It’s called “organic tanking”…

have been a hundred.

whipped and broken.

McCorkle Jones.

has gotta go.

Disguised tanking. :)

I've been a Patriots fan since the Jim Plunkett days. I can't remember a season as freaky as this one. I'm sure there has been one or 2, but I can't think of one right now.

I've been a Patriots fan since the Jim Plunkett days. I can't remember a season as freaky as this one. I'm sure there has been one or 2, but I can't think of one right now.
The Rod Rust era was worse. I don’t know about freaky, though.

Back