Hot Dog- Patriots vs Colts Game Thread in Germany 9:30 AM NFLN

The Rod Rust era was worse. I don’t know about freaky, though.
That was a quickie and wasn't that unexpected. Most of us expected that this would be a competitive team. Not one that makes such goofy mistakes at critical times week after week.

Ha, the Patriots have definitely had weirder seasons. The Pats' history ranges from a former player recently cut being called down from the stands to start on special teams (his buddy came back from getting beers, noticed his friend gone, heard his name making a tackle!) to fans electrocuting themselves as they paraded around with goal posts down Route 1. And that's just the tip of the iceberg pre-Brady/BB! 🙃

Ha, the Patriots have definitely had weirder seasons. The Pats' history ranges from a former player recently cut being called down from the stands to start on special teams (his buddy came back from getting beers, noticed his friend gone, heard his name making a tackle!) to fans electrocuting themselves as they paraded around with goal posts down Route 1. And that's just the tip of the iceberg pre-Brady/BB! 🙃
Way way way pre-Brady/BB!

You’re willing to pay that contract?
Wouldn't have to pay it all, Arizona eats all the bonus.

Edit: Well, correction, it's structured with a ton of roster and workout bonuses, and I think the new team is responsible for those. Ends up being about 4/140, which is probably too much for the player, even though they could afford it, and it's not bad money for a 2nd tier QB, although I'm not sure Murray is that - and because of the money, you could probably get him for a 3rd round pick - but if you're going to spend that kind of money, I would like a good QB, yes.

Last edited:
Quick one: it looked like we scored that FG that we technically missed but went over the upright. I know Gene Isabore said the whole ball has to clear, if the upright was 5 ft bigger, the ball could well have hit and defected in for the FG. Funnily enough, a few years back the Patriots suggested airing the uprights by 5 feet which was agreed. Another few feet might have done the trick!

Quick one: it looked like we scored that FG that we technically missed but went over the upright. I know Gene Isabore said the whole ball has to clear, if the upright was 5 ft bigger, the ball could well have hit and defected in for the FG. Funnily enough, a few years back the Patriots suggested airing the uprights by 5 feet which was agreed. Another few feet might have done the trick!
Was the ball West German? :D

I would say that freaky sounds just about right to me.

I've tried to explain different examples of "bad luck" by saying that "The Football Gods hate us" and want to
see us suffer as if maybe it isn't just all on the players and coaches. A small example might be the first appearance for
Kayshon Boutte since week 1. He catches a pass and suffers an apparent head injury on his first target. A guy we could seriously
use for an infusion of life into the air game heads straight into the blue tent. Is that just really just more bad luck or were the
Gods fucking with us again?

Yesterday morning during one of my frequent fugue states watching the team I love continue to suck really hard I
started feeling really strange and a different explanation popped into my head kind of sudden-like.

Submitted for your approval.......what if the Football Gods have actually decided that what they really have in mind
is to first break us down to absolute rock bottom and then deliver us a new messiah in place of the one that has turned out to
be a false prophet? If that is the case then this season starts making all kinds of sense and Mac is the perfect guy
to deliver us backwards and into true salvation by helping us land his ultimate replacement. And all of that while
trying his legitimate best. His career arc alone is pretty weird when you think about it,

If I've got the right read on all of this then Mac could one day be celebrated as a bumbling hero, much as Zeke Mowatt
was the catalyst for all the good stuff that happened to this franchise by exposing his junk to a female reporter back
when things were even worse.

Maybe the Gods actually love us in disguise.

Where has Pharaoh Brown been the past 2 weeks? Maybe there is something to the team tanking thing after all. Here is a guy exceeded expectations, actually there were no expectations. But he jumps out on to the scene and produces. Now he was not targeted once.
Does this seem strange or am I a little paranoid?

There is one moment in this game that will last in memory for quite a while. That bizarre short pass for a game-sealing pick by Mac Jones. It
was a clear example of what I've been feeling and talking about with him. The guy has a bad case of the yips. Steve Sax disease. His
mind and body are not working in concert and he just bonks out in situations where NFL QBs are expected to, and often do, handle
the situation and make a play. It could not have been clearer and there was really no way to excuse the play by claiming Gesicki screwed
up or he was pressured by the rush. He just threw a ball that was shorter than needed by about a dozen yards which might as well
have been a hundred.

So, what should Bill do with him now?

I think there is an opportunity to do the right thing here, namely to retain him as our starter despite the fact that Mac is thoroughly
whipped and broken.

Bill isn't stupid. He's not going to do what the Colts did during the "suck for Luck" tank job and start our equivalent of Curtis
Painter, likely Zappe. I hope he's going to lose the honorable way and appear in the process that he is showing faith in his beleaguered franchise QB
who has reached his lowest ebb yet. Quite a feat, that.

Give the ball to Mac after the bye, which will afford an opportunity "work on some things" or at least appear to and then keep losing, baby. While
the Giants game is borderline, none of the games left on the schedule should be considered unloseable. Not for a team that starts
McCorkle Jones.

I don't even hate myself for wishing this any longer. It's like a golden opportunity to tank without tanking and turn the fortunes of
the franchise around with somebody that will not be broken. And has a chance to make all of this misery disappear. The status quo
has gotta go.

So, it's all up to you, Mac. Just do what you do and everything will be golden. And then you can start your career over somewhere else.
+1 for that fantastic Steve Sax reference

I have a Jewish friend who sent me a text during the fourth quarter:

"This game is so terrible, I actually feel really bad for the Germans." :ROFLMAO:
I have Bills fan friend who texted "THIS IS THE WORST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED IN GERMANY!"

That's the one that inspired Bill O'Brien to do his Bobby Cox impression in Jones' ear. Because nowhere in the 100 or so practices they've had together has O'Brien ever had his quarterback work on his Middle Aged Wine Mom Lobbing a Ball Into a Basket in a Survivor Challenge fundamentals.

Where has Pharaoh Brown been the past 2 weeks? Maybe there is something to the team tanking thing after all. Here is a guy exceeded expectations, actually there were no expectations. But he jumps out on to the scene and produces. Now he was not targeted once.

He's in DeNile....

BOOM BOOM!!!!!

I remember specifically seeing him exiting the field when we were in the red zone and thinking that was really strange.

I mean you look at the above.

The snap and he has his pocket to see his options.

Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 17.59.54.png

Straight away, he has Mondre breaking away in the flat, or there's Pop on the crosser and there is your 1st down straight away, easy.

Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 18.00.02.png

Or, if feeling adventurous, throw the ball with accuracy to the area squared and the receiver circled has a TD

Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 18.00.07.png

Again, the options. Lots of them.

Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 18.00.20.png

Mondre is practically yelling for the ball. Mondre or Pop get the ball and it's 1st down.

Screenshot 2023-11-13 at 18.00.30.png

Back